3.10.2 Patch with Beta of Vulkan Renderer

I'm running older hardware (6 years old) but it was more than capable of running using DirectX 11 and the graphics were still decent. Can't run on Vulkan and stutters when running on DirectX 11 now. It's completely unplayable now. Really disappointed. I started really getting into this game at the start of the Delirium League and I'm nearing Tier 12+ maps. Really sad. If this isn't fixed, I'm going to have to abandon this... I can't afford new hardware for an update.
Before the update the game was playable for me even with some minor graphical rendering issues. Right after the update though I was having latency spikes over 3000 and my FPS would tank right down to ZERO on DirectX 11, I have been playing on the Vulkan but my game stutters and I randomly get DC'ed on some maps and the game really isn't rendering much better than before update., I'm also still having latency spikes into the 200-300+ range and my FPS drops to below 10 but at least it's not as terrible as DirectX 11 after this update.
"
I'm running older hardware (6 years old) but it was more than capable of running using DirectX 11 and the graphics were still decent. Can't run on Vulkan and stutters when running on DirectX 11 now. It's completely unplayable now. Really disappointed. I started really getting into this game at the start of the Delirium League and I'm nearing Tier 12+ maps. Really sad. If this isn't fixed, I'm going to have to abandon this... I can't afford new hardware for an update.

I recommend setting all the other graphical options back to defaults. I had some issues at first and this got it running for me.

Vulkan made a big improvement to my game, but I did notice some glitches after a couple of hours of play, so it's not perfect, but there's bound to be issues with a beta feature.
When I even click the vulkan option the game crashes.

Comp Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3750h 2.3gh 16GB
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q 6GB
Last edited by joheshua87 on May 28, 2020, 8:43:26 PM
"
esaporski wrote:
"
MekaDragon wrote:
"
Edgarins29 wrote:
For Linux users on RADV this commit is required to fix the crash:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/commit/d12f2c88427b466aa4944901a700a2d6ecb24a52

Hi! I'm affected by this. How can I apply that commit?

I just tried that new commit but still doesn't work for me under Debian Sid when I tried to switch to Vulkan, the game just close. If I edit the production_config.ini file and manually had the render_type=vulkan, the game open but it close after a few seconds.

Maybe I could test my luck with Ubuntu or Mint however, i'm not a fan of those distro.

@MekaDragon, if you are running a Ubuntu base distribution, the Oibaf PPA has already compile the latest mesa git which include the commit above. You can update your mesa driver from this PPA and it might work.

You can use AMDVLK instead of RADV for now. Just install AMDVLK and add this to your launch options:

VK_ICD_FILENAMES="/usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/amd_icd64.json" %command%[/quote]

I managed to get it running with PopOS 20.04 however with both RADV or AMDVLK, I got this:

Last edited by Tidalkraken on May 28, 2020, 8:52:06 PM
"
Magn3th3ad wrote:
"

I recommend setting all the other graphical options back to defaults. I had some issues at first and this got it running for me.

Vulkan made a big improvement to my game, but I did notice some glitches after a couple of hours of play, so it's not perfect, but there's bound to be issues with a beta feature.

I reset all my settings back to default. Still no dice. Still latency spikes and random drops in FPS. I can't even select Vulkan. It defaults to DirectX 11 and is grayed out so I can't change it. I see the option, though.

FWIW, this is my 6 year old hardware:
Intel Core i7 3770K
16 DDR3
GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost
Last edited by kevinwilliambusch on May 28, 2020, 8:58:13 PM
"

Same here. I can not play even on DX11 anymore. Keep crash on every 5 minute or crash when use skill....
Dang guys this is really great, I can't wait to try this out. What an awesome bit of news.
Unplayable without even without Vulkan... I have been playing before release (Beta). I have 1gb down and 50mb ul. In my hideout Latency is about high 20's. Enter map even standing still I immediately go to 99 - 300 spikes constantly. God forbid I move b/c it goes over 1k.....

Won't be playing much longer if this continues:(
"
tmmhmm wrote:
Unplayable without even without Vulkan... I have been playing before release (Beta). I have 1gb down and 50mb ul. In my hideout Latency is about high 20's. Enter map even standing still I immediately go to 99 - 300 spikes constantly. God forbid I move b/c it goes over 1k.....

Won't be playing much longer if this continues:(

Sounds like your computer. Vulkan isnt going to save you if you have a shit comp still, no matter how fast your internet is. They are two very different things.
Adam Gross
Last edited by ADHDrunsme on May 28, 2020, 9:43:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info