3.10.2 Patch with Beta of Vulkan Renderer

For Linux users on RADV this commit is required to fix the crash:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/commit/d12f2c88427b466aa4944901a700a2d6ecb24a52
System:

i5-7600k
GTX 970

The game seems to run smoother with Vulkan enabled, however there is a really ugly flicker when tabbing into or out of the game that just makes it a total no go right now.

With Vulkan, the Windows Snipping Tool would regularly be given a really old image, not at all reflecting what was on screen at the time of the shortcut press, or when it loads. I'm talking 20s old. Ok, it's doing it for print screen too. There seems no way to accurately capture what Vulkan is currently rendering.

After more testing with FPS uncapped; DX11 maintains higher FPS.
The game just went from a ~20fps@100% CPU usage in almost all content to 20% CPU used even when doing legion content in the fog on my i5-6600k, and I even turned the sounds back on.

The renderer is not perfect yet ofc, but I couldn't be happier already for this change, thanks so much, GGG!
Tommyst
Last edited by Tommyst on May 28, 2020, 8:54:24 AM
best update ever in years
Game keeps crashing to desktop or completely freezing my computer even after downloading Nvidia driver 443.24. Back to Dx11 for me.

CPU: i7 4 core 6gb memory
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 w/ 6gb memory
OKay after all y'all have been throught this league with Corona and stuff, I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS on making the game way smoother and actually playable. Perfomance issues was the number #1 reason why I quit this league, and now I can actually play comfortably. Can't wait to see what it's going to become as you dig deeper into this. Thank you so much for your efforts, this change is insane. Keep it up, champions.
feelsdankman
Good work 140 FPS now with Vulkan, before 60-70 FPS without Vulkan.
GTX 1060 Win 7 x64, Intel 4 core.
Hi, i cant choose Engine settings, still locks on DirectX11. How i can fix this? i have GTX 1050 4GB and Supports Vulkan.. But How i can unlock the setting?

Pls help!! My game have crashes constantly with normal Delirium.

Sry for bad English.
GJ GGG!

Blight content runs a loooot smoother.
Full Linux support please <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info