Hey GGG will you tune down Spectre gem level damage ? 660 Million dps Spectre Summoner inside

With that gear, if you replace spectres with zombies or skeletons, you still get hundreds of millions of dps.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on May 29, 2020, 9:45:33 AM
nice gear
Second-class poe gamer
Must nerf something because some 1000 mirror build can one-shot everything. Seens legit.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
If only people would leave that overzealous hatred on reddit.

Reminds me of a friend I had growing up - I was beating him in some sports video game and he just hit me, not in the face but still an intentional blow to the shoulder with some effort.

I don't think either of us were older than 10. But you know we outgrew it.

Nowadays there's always those certain folks who never quite grew out of that anger. They see one person doing something well beyond the means of most players, but OH NO it's OP or whatever.

Shit always gets tuned down whether you want it to or not - I'm STILL annoyed at the quill rain nerf and I haven't used one since delve. But I don't think it warrants a thread.

Meanwhile some posters see something on reddit and get on their soapbox about how such and such is so wrong blah blah blah. Reminds me of my cousins, who end up watching other people game than actually playing themselves.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
zzang wrote:
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:

"
zzang wrote:
PoB: https://pastebin.com/F0Ei0YUB
Getting so much dps with just plain gem levels

raise spectre gem has nothing to do with this.

Dps has nothing to do with base damage of Spectre Gem levels that is further multiplied by other multipliers?

Riiiight. /s

Raise spectre gives less than 5% damage per gem level on most spectres, while any other spell gem generally gives 10% more damage per level. How is raise spectre doing what they do worse than them making it broken?
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
"
cpurdy777 wrote:

Raise spectre gives less than 5% damage per gem level on most spectres, while any other spell gem generally gives 10% more damage per level. How is raise spectre doing what they do worse than them making it broken?

The 5 extra gem levels above 21 provide the build with ~40% more total dps per Spectre. I guess you can choose the shittierst spectre in the game and it will probably scale not as good but there is a reason people only use the few "good spectres". Slave Drivers and Centries are prominent examples.

The other problem is that the gem scaling from level 1 - 21 is way more insane. Its a easy win button but whatever guys. I think the awarenes is there if devs care they can take a look. If not well let players faceroll the game on budget (no need expensive gear for Spectres).
Last edited by zzang on May 30, 2020, 4:36:29 AM
"
zzang wrote:

The 5 extra gem levels above 21 provide the build with ~40% more total dps per Spectre. I guess you can choose the shittierst spectre in the game and it will probably scale not as good but there is a reason people only use the few "good spectres". Slave Drivers and Centries are prominent examples.

Because they provide good damage while having good AI? AI behavior and moveset is even more important than pure dps. Thats why you don't see Enhanced Vaal Fallen that often. Spoiler, they deal more damage than Slave Drivers. And Slave Drivers have also been replaced for the most part because of their low hp.

"
zzang wrote:

The other problem is that the gem scaling from level 1 - 21 is way more insane. Its a easy win button but whatever guys.

Well yeah, their base damage scales!? Like every other Skill in the game that has base flat damage on the gem itself.

"
zzang wrote:

I think the awarenes is there if devs care they can take a look. If not well let players faceroll the game on budget (no need expensive gear for Spectres).

I don't see a low budget here. Thats a mirror helmet. Each of the Large Clusters is/was 8ex.
Are you going to ignore the fact, that he uses Umbilicus Immortalis, an absolute niche unique, and that for good reason.

He gives up all his flasks and all the defense that comes from them while running arround with 4k ehp. in turn he provides 5 damage flasks to his spectres.... 5!!!! Are you ignoring that Bottled Faith alone is ~40% more damage?

Besides the pob numbers are a fairytale. If you have played actualy 100m+ dps builds you would notice it immediately. His kill times are fairly slow for a 660m dps build. Half of the stuff that is ticked in pob is fluff.

Conclusion: Invest 4 mirrors in a decent skill and specc full damage while completely ignoring all defense and thats the result.

"
zzang wrote:
"
cpurdy777 wrote:

The other problem is that the gem scaling from level 1 - 21 is way more insane. Its a easy win button but whatever guys. I think the awarenes is there if devs care they can take a look. If not well let players faceroll the game on budget (no need expensive gear for Spectres).

I'm convinced you're either a troll or incredibly unknowledgeable about the game now. 40% from the investment of 5 gem levels is awful. For an example, caustic arrow is another skill that people often get gem levels for, and those same 5 extra levels give it 83% more damage going from 21 to 26. That's more than twice the gain that spectres get, and yet somehow you believe that the gem level progression on raise spectres is an issue.
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
zzang wrote:
PoB: https://pastebin.com/F0Ei0YUB

YT Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FXW25IFwKs

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/goned4/660_milion_dps_spectre_summoner_is_there/

Getting so much dps with just plain gem levels where mirror tier builds start to struggle getting even close to the dps seems wrong balancing to me.

Im open for general discussion though let me know what you think about.

Edit: While you are at it let balancing devs take a look at Herald of Agony minion damage and gem level scaling.

i woud like to see you going into the next league geting this kind of damage with spectres in HC ofcourse...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info