-

Efficacy is almost same as Emp 4, Anomalous Efficacy looks stronger than Emp 4

Are there any other reasons besides the main skill PoB tooltip why prefer Empower?
"
zxfx wrote:

Are there any other reasons besides the main skill PoB tooltip why prefer Empower?
If you have +1 socketed gems on bow or corrupted chest, it gives +2 levels to tr if you use empower in comparison to if you use other support. If you go for bow with +2 supp craft you basically need empower, otherwise you have to stick with +2 bow gems (or quill rain), but +2 supp was meta because it buffed awakened supports too. It's something for late game min-maxing.
"
zxfx wrote:
Efficacy is almost same as Emp 4, Anomalous Efficacy looks stronger than Emp 4

I haven't tested stuff out fully yet =p

But one main reason we would prefer Empower 4 is because of duration. If you have too much duration, it would not be great on moving bosses like Sirus. Because your damage comes from stacking pods. If the boss just moves away from your pods, the excessive duration is wasted.

Currently I am still testing out stuff, using a lot of different setup. you could use my profile as a reference
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Also, if anyone of you having one of these issues, you could try the setup I am currently testing

Survivability
Drop Cwdt immortal call. Get a Anomalous Immortal call, link with second wind, enhance and inc duration. Drop one jewel and get Enduring composure small cluster. Put Immortal call to your left click

This setup allows me to facetank Sirus normal beams, and even die beams at times (I haven't really tested this out).

Here is an instance (without enduring composure and stacking immortal call with supports, just purely immortal call.

Damage
Drop wither totems and mirage archer on your main link. Instead use a setup introduced by WolfieNa. Which is blast rain - MiA - withering touch - GMP - Cull

This allows almost 100% uptime on 15 wither stacks. For the dropped Mirage archer, I suggest replacing with something like void manipulation, empower or Inc Aoe

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Jan 20, 2021, 12:10:52 AM
"
tylerjw16 wrote:
Been thinking about my first expensive upgrade. Got the basic 5 link quill, devotos, carcass jack.

I can get a 6 link quill for 4ex.

Would it be dumb to craft a 6L +3 short bow for 5ex instead?

I know he said it's not worth it to get a +3 bow, but does that assume a +1 carcass jack?

To be honest I don't see myself getting a + gem levels carcass jack. It sounds annoying to get a jack, 6 link it, and then corrupt and pray. Do it all over again when the corruption misses.

Am I thinking about this incorrectly?

Didn't even look at 6 l quill rain as possibility since it is overpriced as hell. For 5-8 ex (if i remember correctly the hardest part is rolling DOT multi + you will have to link\buy base. Also you can look up the guide how to craft it somewhere in shadow forum) you can craft +3 bow and it will be much better. But downside is you will have to get empower. lvl 3 empower isn't that expensive and still better than efficacy. Or you can simply get +3 bow (+2 bow gems +1 socketed) with chaos dot multi and it will also be better. It is worth 1.5-3 ex. Obv it will be temporary.
Anyway when i played trickster everybody said the bow is the most important upgrade. It seems to be true here too. Quill rain is good for like 50 c. But it is barely better than +2 6link short bow which is 25 c. Tested all this in my pob
Also opposite to what people say it is a decent boss killer. I already got 2kk sirus dps. And i am playing with +2 bow. With +3 bow, lvl 4 empower, 70% dot on it you will melt them. Harvest opens up a lot of possibilities for somewhat cheap, like dropping carcass jack for frenzy on hit-explode chest. +2 amulet. +1 arrow\dot multi quiver etc.
Last edited by Sunw1sh on Jan 20, 2021, 12:24:57 AM
"
Sunw1sh wrote:
"
tylerjw16 wrote:
Been thinking about my first expensive upgrade. Got the basic 5 link quill, devotos, carcass jack.

I can get a 6 link quill for 4ex.

Would it be dumb to craft a 6L +3 short bow for 5ex instead?

I know he said it's not worth it to get a +3 bow, but does that assume a +1 carcass jack?

To be honest I don't see myself getting a + gem levels carcass jack. It sounds annoying to get a jack, 6 link it, and then corrupt and pray. Do it all over again when the corruption misses.

Am I thinking about this incorrectly?

Didn't even look at 6 l quill rain as possibility since it is overpriced as hell.

lvl 3 empower isn't that expensive and still better than efficacy.

Anyway when i played trickster everybody said the bow is the most important upgrade. It seems to be true here too. Quill rain is good for like 50 c. But it is barely better than +2 6link short bow which is 25 c. Tested all this in my pob

I do agree somewhat that the 6l Quill is overpriced.

Also, Empower 3 is nowhere better than efficacy in terms of damage, it has to be empower 4 in order to outscale efficacy.

Tested in PoB, but you know PoB values don't 100% reflect the actual game damage. It's just a rough estimate and a theory damage. I have video evidences that Quill rain rivals +3 bow with double DoT multi

"
Remicaster1 wrote:
Also, if anyone of you having one of these issues, you could try the setup I am currently testing

Survivability
Drop Cwdt immortal call. Get a Anomalous Immortal call, link with second wind, enhance and inc duration. Drop one jewel and get Enduring composure small cluster. Put Immortal call to your left click

This setup allows me to facetank Sirus normal beams, and even die beams at times (I haven't really tested this out).

Here is an instance (without enduring composure and stacking immortal call with supports, just purely immortal call.

Damage
Drop wither totems and mirage archer on your main link. Instead use a setup introduced by WolfieNa. Which is blast rain - MiA - withering touch - GMP - Cull

This allows almost 100% uptime on 15 wither stacks. For the dropped Mirage archer, I suggest replacing with something like void manipulation, empower or Inc Aoe

Isn't Divergent Mirage Archer BiS for TR? Should we really drop it?
"
Kmiec wrote:

On theory yes, but without the ability to stack wither charges reliably is not great either.

That's why I'm still testing it, even though on paper it seems good, but it doesn't truly reflect the in game scenarios and environments

"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
Kmiec wrote:

On theory yes, but without the ability to stack wither charges reliably is not great either.

That's why I'm still testing it, even though on paper it seems good, but it doesn't truly reflect the in game scenarios and environments

Do you feel those changes made you faster? Or at least more damage?
Also, do Bosses feel better to kill with the new setup?

And just one more thing, is immortal call on left click really reliable? I have the feeling I would fuck up the timing a lot and end up dying more instead of using cwdt with the alternate quality immortal call.

Thanks.
I legit cannot even remember how I did stuff in heist, I have a 92 TR with a decent build and items but I cannot remember the steps I did to get to that point.

How do people recommend going for higher end gear, buy some big resist items (so overcapping) and then swapping your other items for higher damage. Or just buying higher damage items and trying to balance resists with them?
Australian Summoner-Main

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info