How can MAPS lag so much harder than any other area ?

"
Tamo_Tua wrote:

then the only influencing variable on the performance is
"
dynamic_resolution_fps=100

Have you tried with dynamic resolution off? Dynamic resolution is super CPU hungry, when I tried playing while waiting for the PS4 release on my garbage laptop the game was completely unplayable until I realized that was the problem. If you're fine playing in act ten areas but not maps, it'd have to be a CPU problem.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
Those two variables are obviously ignored and have no influence on the game performance

All i can say texture quality worked for me around 5 months ago when my video card fried and i tried to play it on integrated graphics while waiting for a replacement (can't remember the numeric model, its built-in video of i5-4570k). With everything else off/minimum it looked almost like diablo2, but i got like 30 fps in 1024x768 windowed back then.

It is hard to say what the bottleneck is not knowing your system specs, but you can start with windowed mode and use some resource monitoring tool to check. If CPU is constantly at 100%, -nosound can help, as well as lowering the "sound channels" setting to minimum. If you have less than 8gb RAM - it may be the cause as well, when heavy swapping occurs, there will surely be lags. Some older GPUs don't work well with that modern, lean and fast engine anymore too.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
post u PC config, u PoE is standalone or steam?
dont use that shit command, wait a bit if u enter in a map, is better --> --waitforpreload --noasync

--nosound is a miracle if u no have cpu power
"
LV9999Majin wrote:
Have you tried with dynamic resolution off?

Not yet, but I will try that later, since it seems not to be a useful option anyway, I reduced
"
dynamic_resolution_fps=20

because I limit my max fps already anyway to 20, and it did not change the look at all, idk if that is an intelligent algorithm behind it, but I doubt that is the case.

Pretty sure the only thing "dynamic resolution" does is change the other values that you can normally set up in this config file automatically when the lag has already happened, means after the FPS have already broken down, but it does not improve the quality when everything is fine.

So "dynamic resolution" only uses already available settings and is nothing new, only a cheap trick to sell it as potential improvement while actually nothing on the engine has been changed (it is like a scam :P).

I remember to have fkd with that config file already a year or longer ago or whenever I played last and got at least laggy experience on some maps, I will try disable dynamic resolution and restore the old values and see if I can at least play alone on beach map or something.

"
dW2005 wrote:
It is hard to say what the bottleneck is not knowing your system specs, but you can start with windowed mode and use some resource monitoring tool to check. If CPU is constantly at 100%, -nosound can help, as well as lowering the "sound channels"

I got the channels on min already.
Pretty sure my CPU is at maxiumum constantly.
I know it must be like that, because other compareable games I can play with beautiful graphics as I mentioned already even without lag.

Something in PoE is just absolutely wrong.

"
adrianos90 wrote:
post u PC config, u PoE is standalone or steam?
dont use that shit command, wait a bit if u enter in a map, is better --> --waitforpreload --noasync

--nosound is a miracle if u no have cpu power

I will try it again but I am sure, the performance will be worse without swa (softwareaccelleration) it all requires testing and since switching the zone loads for 45 seconds it is annoying waste of time to test every setting one by one ^^

Volatile Flameblood is also a miracle, if you have --nosound and graphics on low and bad performance - it will help one to get rid of this annoying experience.
But that is not the only mobskill that essentially requires sound.

I play on steam my pc config, what exactly do you want to know, it is a ridiculous "pc" you would probably cry if I post it.

@all

So far, thx for all your comments and your engagement helping me to solve my problems.

I think you nailed it already down on the use of dynamic resolution, which seems to be the new performance killer for me while it is meant to improve the performance - it is kind of ridiculous.

Wtf are those GGG devs thinking, it is like cynism.
No my PC does not require an update, no I am not going to buy a new graphic card, no this problem is not solved by buying just new hardware.
Last edited by Tamo_Tua on May 22, 2020, 5:47:43 PM
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Increases in pack size means decrease in FPS.

The more end game you are the worst performance becomes. Even with a very good rig youll never get more than 20-30 fps during the peak of end game mapping.

interesting because I never dip below 60 with an RTX 2080 and AMD 3700x

RX 5700 XT, R7 3700X

Frame drops and lags all the time. Card is not far off a 2070 SUPER. Same CPU, mine is liquid cooled, not that it would be a problem. I get random drops down to below 30 FPS just standing in town, all the time.

I agree with Nephalim.

On the flip side, the game is buggier on Radeon than an GTX/RTX. Even while other games are consistently flawless, I get complete freezes in PoE quite a bit.
Last edited by Trensharo on May 22, 2020, 4:04:37 PM
Why do people think FPS is the only important metric. I'm running at 60 fps, but this league killed the latency. My latency metric turning into what looks like a series of plateaus going: Up tic down tic tic up tic down... It's made the game play terrible for me. Before this league latency was at basically 0 the whole time. Very smooth game play. Not anymore. I'm running fiber to my modem and cat 5 from modem to router to pc. The game is on mvie2 ssd. Nothing changed on my end from the last league to this one.
"
adrianos90 wrote:
--waitforpreload --noasync

I just tried without
"
--swa
and the performance did collapse drastically. So I will keep on using it.
No my PC does not require an update, no I am not going to buy a new graphic card, no this problem is not solved by buying just new hardware.
play with nosound
"
Sammael wrote:
play with nosound

What a wonderful idea, playing without looting and playing without exp, since I cannot react to mobskills that make a sound to be able to react in time and survive.

I already wrote this several times, sound is essential.

So NO, I won't.
"
Tamo_Tua wrote:
So NO, I won't.

You can at least try it briefly to see if there's a difference, hehe.
If it suddenly becomes smooth, then well, you have an option, whether you like it or not.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info