How can MAPS lag so much harder than any other area ?

I still remember, when the Torched Courts came as a new area into this game, it was buring everywhere and I could barely move in all this lag, it was the HORROR. But now, unexpectedly I played this game thru during the last days, and it was just perfectly fine, like in every other Location in this game, it was running quite well.

But as soon, as I enter a MAP that changes like from day to night, I get 1-5 FPS and cannot do anything that looks like I know what I am doing. It always ends in a big boom lag with happy end for the mobs.

Basically, what I want to say is, MAPS kill me, so there is no Endgame content for me to play at all. I got to level 80 thx to Ossuary farming solo, since nobody seems to level there anymore, and that is probably it of this game for me.

Don't tell me to buy a new computer, I reduced EVERYTHING graphically I could, but this game does not allow much reduction at all, I cannot deactivate unnecessary graphical effects and filter out unnecessary sounds, no it is as if GGG does not want me to play this game, is that the intention of not giving low hardware specced people options to play this game, to get rid of people like me ? Are only the rich allowed to play PoE ?

Path of Elite ? Hardwarewise ?

Why am I being discriminated so hard for using low spec Hardware ?
Please let me know, why GGG thinks it is a good idea, to make people angry.

Thx I love you too.
No my PC does not require an update, no I am not going to buy a new graphic card, no this problem is not solved by buying just new hardware.
Last edited by Tamo_Tua on May 21, 2020, 4:46:34 PM
Last bumped on May 29, 2020, 1:19:31 PM
Sometimes i play at work during my breaks, hardware specs are somewhat ancient - Phenom 925, 8 gigs ddr2(actually had to buy that before ggg fixed memory usage on win7), 2gb 660gt (actually had to buy that too), sata3 ssd. With no sound/low settings its around 30-50fps in windowed ~1600x900 mode with occasional drops to 5-10 when hitting something like breach in the fog.
Guess its somewhat of a minimum spec for poe these days.

Umm, and it was kinda playable a couple leagues ago on the same hardware with a shitty 630gt card and 5gb ram, steady 30 fps.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
I'm playing PoE on my Rig from 2008, the only "new" thing in there is a GraphicsCard from 2015. With no Sound and medium details i'm able to play PoE at 2560x1440 resolution with stable 60-80 fps, only dipping into below 30fps for a fraction of a second when popping Delirium mirror.

So no you dont need to be rich to play PoE, but a PC from this decade could help xD
Increases in pack size means decrease in FPS.

The more end game you are the worst performance becomes. Even with a very good rig youll never get more than 20-30 fps during the peak of end game mapping.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

The more end game you are the worst performance becomes. Even with a very good rig youll never get more than 20-30 fps during the peak of end game mapping.

interesting because I never dip below 60 with an RTX 2080 and AMD 3700x
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

interesting because I never dip below 60 with an RTX 2080 and AMD 3700x

Depends what end game content you run.
Are you running 80 pack size maps with 10 map affixes and 2-3 beyond?

Just standing in a map like this will drop your fps in half just because there is so much loot on the ground. Add in the skill effects from hitting 50 mobs per second and any rig in the system even dual gtx 2080ti will be reduced to a business laptop level performance.
Last edited by Nephalim on May 21, 2020, 6:46:45 PM
Literally anything. 1440p maxed settings. I mean I can run every other game on the planet at 144 FPS almost except this one and Star Citizen so I'm not saying it's great, but I don't get how people get garbage frames with expensive hardware. I get how people get garbage frames with old hardware
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
Literally anything. 1440p maxed settings. I mean I can run every other game on the planet at 144 FPS almost except this one and Star Citizen so I'm not saying it's great, but I don't get how people get garbage frames with expensive hardware. I get how people get garbage frames with old hardware

Do you have a delirium character that can enter maps? I would be happy to open up a map like I described and you tell me if your frames are still 60 just from standing on a pile of loot. I run a gtx 1080ti and i7 8700k and at 1440p with not even maxed and these maps drop me as low as 10-15 fps during the worse moments.

For reference such a map looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMTwhP6pTM0
Last edited by Nephalim on May 21, 2020, 7:07:08 PM
"
deathdrep wrote:
I'm playing PoE on my Rig from 2008, the only "new" thing in there is a GraphicsCard from 2015. With no Sound and medium details i'm able to play PoE at 2560x1440 resolution with stable 60-80 fps

big doubt
"
Nephalim wrote:

Depends what end game content you run.
Are you running 80 pack size maps with 10 map affixes and 2-3 beyond?

Is that a thing? If so, how do you do it? I've tried finding out a ton of times, but apparently nobody knows how. The only answer I can find is lots of currency. There's definitely more to it than that though.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info