How can MAPS lag so much harder than any other area ?

"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
why wouldn't they do that though? they should at the very least add an option to reduce or remove party member effects like many others games have

I don't know the reason. Some have speculated that GGG don't do it because people can't show off the MTX they've bought if other people disable effects, and this is a plausible enough reason.

Whatever the reason though, people have been asking them for this since the game came out and it hasn't happened, so don't expect it to happen any time soon.

The reality is that if you don't have a reasonable machine either don't play, or, if you do, then expect terrible performance.

the OP is going to be sorely disappointed because he's of the belief that GGG should change to accommodate him, and the world just doesn't work that way.
Oh, yes the vulkan renderer so far is working wonders - if you want any chance of getting smoother gameplay on that igp that's probably your best bet.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
Oh, yes the vulkan renderer so far is working wonders - if you want any chance of getting smoother gameplay on that igp that's probably your best bet.

It does not start with Vulkan, the game keeps crashing.
No my PC does not require an update, no I am not going to buy a new graphic card, no this problem is not solved by buying just new hardware.
"
LennyLen wrote:
the OP is going to be sorely disappointed because he's of the belief that GGG should change to accommodate him, and the world just doesn't work that way.

GGG should just enable as many as possible players to play this game, that is also the reason, why they added consoles, while I do not think, this was the best decision, I just doubt, it will be worth the investment.

While smartphones are the thing nowadays, they have to adapt the game towards this platform aswell, increasing the performance on low end hardware is a first step towards PROFIT. Because PROFIT is written in big letters on Smartphones.

If the game runs well on my machine, it is not a big gap to Smartphones anymore.

Also I did invest early into this game, and the world works like this: you pay u get something for it. It's simple.

Sry for multipost, but I can't seem to multiquote like it is possible in any other modern forum.
No my PC does not require an update, no I am not going to buy a new graphic card, no this problem is not solved by buying just new hardware.
Last edited by Tamo_Tua on May 28, 2020, 8:11:55 AM
"
Tamo_Tua wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

It does not start with Vulkan, the game keeps crashing.

Because your iGPU maybe doesnt Support Vulkan
"
deathdrep wrote:
"
Tamo_Tua wrote:

Because your iGPU maybe doesnt Support Vulkan

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005524/graphics-drivers.html

Intel says, it does support Vulkan.
But idk. what Version of Vulkan this is, maybe I can get an update somewhere, idk. ?
Last edited by Tamo_Tua on May 28, 2020, 5:25:18 PM
"
Tamo_Tua wrote:

Basically, what I want to say is, MAPS kill me, so there is no Endgame content for me to play at all. I got to level 80 thx to Ossuary farming solo, since nobody seems to level there anymore, and that is probably it of this game for me.

Bonus Objectives (44/140)

you did at least 44 maps,so you CAN do maps and endgame content.
I tested vulkan for science on that "ye olde 660gt" i have at work and while it does make lags more smoother and removes "hard stutter", overall fps is generally the same.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
https://gameplay.intel.com/
Check this site, you can type "Path" into the searchbox and search, you know, what u will find there.

@Exxxiled665
You should have read the thread and not only the first post.
Meanwhile I made many changes and can almost run, well before last patch it did run a lot smoother, today it is really bad again.

And I am not even yet using Vulkan, even if the Intel HD 500 does support Vulkan, but PoE does not start with it yet.

Last edited by Tamo_Tua on May 29, 2020, 1:36:09 AM
"

https://gameplay.intel.com/
Check this site, you can type "Path" into the searchbox and search, you know, what u will find there.

Well, if you dig a little deeper, the processor search box doesn't list anything lower than i5 with hd graphics 5000, then there's a screenshot of legion client with 1280x720 fullscreen and everything low/off as recommended settings.
If you dig even deeper, you will see that hd5000 has 320 shader processors compared to 96 in hd500, higher "boost" frequencies and around 2-4 times better performance.

Oh, and while i mentioned that i was able to run poe around legion or so on 4570k's built-in hd4600 with subpar performance @1024x768, it changed for far worse since blight, hehe.

As for Vulkan, it's not some kind of magic, just another way of run-time shader processing. Generally it tends to lower CPU usage, but it doesn't magically give over9000% fps boost .
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Last edited by dW2005 on May 29, 2020, 4:30:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info