Noticed a strong buzz all around promoting pay to win china servers

"
KopaKabana wrote:
majority of suporters , those you see with loads of suporter packs, are also major rmt'ers

lolwat ?? jumping to conclusions there and it makes you look daft xD

by your logic im aN RMTer ? LOL
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett :'(
"
BAD9eR wrote:
tabs ARE NOT pay to win , what do you win ???? they are QOL , why6 do we keep havintg this argument ....... smh

Experience boosters and real money for gear also ARE NOT pay to win, what do you win???

Why do people keep saying trading money for advantages is pay to win, when you can't even win, I just can't believe people these days......

smh
Wash your hands, Exile!
If you are not "required" to pay and the game can still be won, it is not pay to win.

All this stuff is pay for convenience or QoL. You can win the game without buying a single thing and that has been proven many times.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
I would definitely want to have a loot collect pet, i'd pay 10 euros for that.
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
If you are not "required" to pay and the game can still be won, it is not pay to win.

that's just wrong. if two players start at the same time, and in any way you can advance yourself ahead of the other player by paying real money, it's pay to win
"
Imaginaerum wrote:

that's just wrong. if two players start at the same time, and in any way you can advance yourself ahead of the other player by paying real money, it's pay to win

Okay, by that logic, any special stash tab (pixel currency, fragments, ...) = pay to win, hehe.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
I think the issue is that most people assume that if they get loot pets it would be for free, which I think is a very unrealistic expectation. I also feel like it more or less has a direct effect on the actual gameplay and not just the more "passive" (for lack of better word?) trading and item storage aspect that stash tabs effect, meaning that it increases the gap between people having fun and not as much based on how much they pay. I do think they should improve the loot problem for all players regardless instead of just throwing out paid loot pets as a solution.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Makillda wrote:
POE, even in China, isn't p2win. Do they sell a whole hell of a lot of convenience there? Yes, they do, but still nothing that enables a paying player to do something a free player cannot do.

You are literally describing pay2win in the mobile context. "You can totally do this without putting in your credit card number, it will just take 5x as long. Up to you, bro."

In non-PvP ARPGs such as PoE, currency gains per hour are the only reasonable win scenario I can think of. The ability to do something as a non-paying player that a paying player can do, albeit at a much slower rate, does not mean that paying your way out of that shit scenario is not pay2win.

Come on, people. This isn't difficult to grasp.

Definitely this! Call whatever you want, “QoL, convenience, fluffnurgles”, the label you put in it does not matter, it is p2w because it does translate into currency per hour (if you tell me it doesn’t raise your currency per hour gain you need to look at streamers and videos on youtube who say you need dump tabs to make money efficiently), and currency per hour translates into more gear and more power. Not only that, if people, due to QoL or convenience or fluffnurgles are farming faster, farming more, etc, the market will react to it, impacting other players (non-solo self-found) gameplay.

PS: I have so many badges and I spend a lot of money in the game EXACTLY because I want to support the way they earn money now (some light p2w one time purchases and cosmetics, OMG I’m a sucker for cosmetics) and I want to reward them for investing so much on this game I love. I would also state that I agree with some people before me who said “I would stop buying packs and maybe stop playing if they started putting more and more p2w elements on the game”, because it would go against what I think is a healthy gaming business model and I wouldn’t feel ok supporting it.

PS2: Sorry for any bad English there, I’m not a native speaker so the text may contain some grammatical errors.
Last edited by VicioussVendetta on May 29, 2020, 12:17:43 PM
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
DS_Deadman wrote:

Only if you are competing against another player. If not, then that does not matter. The problem is there is no true definition of "play to win". The way I look at it, if you can beat the game without purchasing anything then it is not pay to win.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
The chinese market is way broader than ours but at the same time the culture is very different. We are able to communicate together as players but we already have lots of massive cultural difference even if we are, for most of us, westerners. I'm french, I don't consider myself particular on the left side politically(like from my perspective it is common sense) but for most of you, I'd be a devious communist.

There have been some whale stuffs beeing exported and working fine in the west but the mature gamer audience as a whole is getting very resistant to it. Considering their demographic and the relation to money chinese people have(that is not better or worst than ours), I'm surprised by those practices.
Last edited by galuf on Jun 1, 2020, 11:54:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info