[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
sithrebel wrote:
This is a decent roll for this build yeah? Without changing any passives I get 2*5% dex, 5% phys as cold, 20% ele damage, and 20% evasion.

That's awesome yea.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
Sylmir wrote:
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
hey thanks for this build leveling with it, one question why don't we go with supreme ego? That will give good dps right, but yes we will be reserving more mana, is it due to that?

Actually that's a good question, you would loose Aspect of the Spider and reserve 5% more mana which would let you at 10% unreserved mana which is okay if you have a mana cost reduction on each ring.
And I gain 500k dps on my PoB doing that so I'm not really seeing any downside about this ???

It's always been an option, I just liked the hinder from spider aspect. Will be playing this build again next week and I can test both ways to maybe update the guide.
Hello! Been playing this build since league start and feel like I'm in a pretty good spot with it! Here are my items and PoB for reference:

PoB: https://pastebin.com/TqNZJ9wd

Current Gear:

Current goal is to finish crafting this necklace:

While the build feels solid against bosses and endgame maps, what I'm struggling with is the clear speed. It feels clunky and slow at times, and I don't know if it's something that I'm doing wrong, or if there's just a better setup for it. If that's just how it goes with Ice Crash, so be it, but I'd love to hear from some other players who are using this in the endgame right now.

Thanks all!
"
Velyna wrote:
"
Sylmir wrote:
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
hey thanks for this build leveling with it, one question why don't we go with supreme ego? That will give good dps right, but yes we will be reserving more mana, is it due to that?

Actually that's a good question, you would loose Aspect of the Spider and reserve 5% more mana which would let you at 10% unreserved mana which is okay if you have a mana cost reduction on each ring.
And I gain 500k dps on my PoB doing that so I'm not really seeing any downside about this ???

It's always been an option, I just liked the hinder from spider aspect. Will be playing this build again next week and I can test both ways to maybe update the guide.

Looking forward to it! I'm also been using this build and it's awesome!
"
Crimpingblow wrote:
While the build feels solid against bosses and endgame maps, what I'm struggling with is the clear speed. It feels clunky and slow at times, and I don't know if it's something that I'm doing wrong, or if there's just a better setup for it. If that's just how it goes with Ice Crash, so be it, but I'd love to hear from some other players who are using this in the endgame right now.

Thanks all!

Once my damage was fully scaled I usually ran Increased AoE in the 6L for faster clear.
"
Velyna wrote:
"
Crimpingblow wrote:

Thanks all!

Once my damage was fully scaled I usually ran Increased AoE in the 6L for faster clear.

What gem did you replace with Inc AoE? I tried doing the same (and switching to sand stance while clearing, blood for bosses) and it didn't seem all that different but I may have made the wrong swap.
Hello,

Thank you so much for this fun build.

Bellow are my current items and i wonder what i'm supposed to go for next :)

My Brutal Restraint is 25% dex and 8% Life :)
The large cluster i got corrosive elements as suggested in the guide, but i see for the god tier build it takes a different approach, any specific reason for this?
I'm working on running labs next for enchants, other then that i assume i need to start working on a elder stygian belt?

"
sithrebel wrote:
This is a decent roll for this build yeah? Without changing any passives I get 2*5% dex, 5% phys as cold, 20% ele damage, and 20% evasion.

i got some % life and some % dex from that jewel, but imo biggest node i got was onslaught on kill. After i noticed that i switched my ascendancy tree to phasing and got a decent amount of survivability. Only thing is missing is onslaught in long boss fights but it really doesnt matter.
Just wondering what the priority in awakened jewels is
which order should we get them in
"
Crimpingblow wrote:

Thanks all!

I've took lethal assault, versatile stance and an area damage cluster jewel for big aoes to help with clearing. And an aoe gem like the other guy mentioned.

This is what the build looks like atm: https://pastebin.com/Zci33USv
It has less resists than the normal build, but if you can make it up with jewels it's solid.
With ice crash I'm using multistrike, elem dmg, melee dmg, awakened cold pen and then swap increased aoe for fortify for harder stuff.
edit:
Last edited by uncleaner on Jan 30, 2021, 1:51:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info