[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

Thanks for the build, having tons of fun with it pushing this league. Got really lucky and ended up divining into a 35% dex Brutal Restraint.
This build is so dope.

Any Idea what to improve I know the rings are kinda meh.

Thanks for the guide!

Last edited by UchihaVegeta on Jan 26, 2021, 10:40:05 AM
How is this fairing against the new super endgame content ?
"
AgaliaX wrote:
"
eLtrix wrote:
Hey guys-

Have had a hiatus for many years and getting back into the game. I'm looking at the Brutal Restraint jewel and it confuses the hell out of me... would anyone care to explain what I'm looking for here?

So basically the jewel is pure RNG. When you socket it in a jewel socket on the passive tree, it "changes" the notable passives (the passives with a "bigger" circle) in the area in that it adds an extra stat to each one in the radius of the jewel socket.

Now each of the Brutal Restraint jewels has a number that can roll from 500-8000 (I think). Each different number alters what changes are made to the notable passives. But here's the kicker: there is no record or database or anything anywhere that will tell you what changes each number makes. You can't just google which number you're looking for with your build, and even if you could you would have to find the exact rolled jewel you need, which is also basically impossible.

On top of all that, the notable passive changes that each jewel makes is completely different based on which jewel socket you use. We use the jewel socket on the right side of the tree because there are 8 notable passives that we take in the radius, giving us the best change at getting the change we want (which is % increased dex).

TL;DR: Basically the jewel is complete RNG. What you want to do is this: Buy any Brutal Restraint Timeless Jewel. Socket it in the jewel socket indicated in the build. Mouse over all the notable passives in the radius and see if you got any good ones. Typically you want at least two passives that have 5% increased Dexterity. If you don't get what you want, hit it with a Divine Orb, socket it back in, and check again. Repeat over and over till you find the one you want.

Here's an additional couple of tips: Buy two jewels so you can keep a decent one socketed while you roll the other one. Also, keep your character sheet open when you try a newly rolled jewel so you can compare how much Dex you gained/lost and also keep an eye on changes to your tooltip DPS for Ice Crash.

Thanks so much for the reply - makes a lot more sense now. Do I need to go for particular phrasing for example "x of x" or any combination is fine?
How does vaal haste and vaal grace compare with vaal ancestral warchief in terms of dmg boost by haste and survivability by grace?
loving this build as im leveling, just a few questions
What is a good large cluster jewel to go for?
Also where do we get our life regen/leech from, is it flasks or passives?
"
TheLordofPie wrote:
loving this build as im leveling, just a few questions
What is a good large cluster jewel to go for?
Also where do we get our life regen/leech from, is it flasks or passives?

ideally you want "added small passives grant:10% increased elemental damage"want to try keep the amount of passive points it grants as close to 8 as possible (this means it takes less passive points to get the wheel),passive skills to look out for on large are disorienting display,vengeful commander,prismatic heart is a solid choice also as it helps with resists (i have a large cluster that adds all 3 so if you can get one with all 3 awesome!)

the leech is coming from the tree just under Vaal pact at the bottom.
hey thanks for this build leveling with it, one question why don't we go with supreme ego? That will give good dps right, but yes we will be reserving more mana, is it due to that?
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
hey thanks for this build leveling with it, one question why don't we go with supreme ego? That will give good dps right, but yes we will be reserving more mana, is it due to that?

a big part of it,we already reserve 85% of our mana which doesn't leave much room for reserving more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info