[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
Kh4r4 wrote:
@WolfieNa Thank you again for your help with the double-influenced helmet craft (I haven't finished it yet, I hit +1 max light res and wondering if I should go for +2)

I am posting my gear for a review:

Spoiler

I think it is OK with +1% max light resist. You can return to it for +2% later on after you finish the other parts of your setup.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Just did a nice ring craft which put me over 8k life:

Alt regaled into T1 life T1 lightning resist.

Adding despair with remove/add chaos is bad odds (13% chance to hit T1 despair). So instead I double auged chaos to guarantee despair (50% chance T1), then removed chaos (50% chance to kill chaos resist) = 25% chance at success instead of 13%. As it happened I did it first try.

Adding the cold resist was deterministic by blocking prefixes.

Adding the life gain on hit was the longest odds. I didn't want to mess with my T1 life roll, so I did remove/add attack until I hit. That was 1/44 odds to hit T1 life gain on hit, but I hit it in 5 tries, so pretty lucky.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jul 27, 2020, 9:29:54 PM
"
Just did a nice ring craft which put me over 8k life:

Alt regaled into T1 life T1 lightning resist.

Very nice ring, esp. with the base.

In hindsight, I would have gone with a life base ring instead of a two-stone since we can easily cap resist with our Viridian jewel.
Spoiler
I'm still very happy with my baby :P
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:

Did you know that we can have upto +120% ele resist by stacking 5 viridian jewels below:

Having 5 of this viridian will give you :
+40% AS,
+20% chaos dot multi,
+120% ele resist of your choice, and
+35% max life

Very easy to craft. Just buy base Viridian with +% AS and +% life. Augment chaos to gain +4% chaos dot multi, and resist.

Fenumus' gloves is the easiest and cheapest way to gain aspect of the spider.

With enough AS (~11 SA APS, ~6.2 Blast Rain APS), you better go with BR+MiA. As you can see below, my Blast Rain DPS is 3.7mil, so the MiA-Blast Rain deals 0.28*3.7 = 1.03mil DPS. It is better than Plague bearer.

Ah yeah I should definitely look into getting some res jewels, most right now are double speed which I suppose could be changed to just the bow speed.

Fenumus I suppose is an option yeah, I just wonder if they really are better than my current gloves.

And yeah I suppose I should have claried a bit with the plague bearer question. The damage potential with blast rain and not having mirage archer in scourge arrow definitely is higher and I would use that for 100% delirum maps but for just general tier 16's and such I find that plague bearer combined with a mirage archer skill is hard to beat as you shoot once every 10 seconds or so to refresh mirage archer and refill your plague bearer and rest of the time you just run around as everything dies.
"
fleckens wrote:

Ah yeah I should definitely look into getting some res jewels, most right now are double speed which I suppose could be changed to just the bow speed.

Fenumus I suppose is an option yeah, I just wonder if they really are better than my current gloves.

Fenumus' is the better option in boss fights with the 50% inc damage + additional flat chaos damage on 3 webs. However, to take full advantage of the buffs, it'd require a short ramp-up period for 3 spider webs. On a different note, Hinder is nice to have both offense and defense.

If you'd like to go with rare gloves, perhaps give Culling strike some consideration.

"

And yeah I suppose I should have claried a bit with the plague bearer question. The damage potential with blast rain and not having mirage archer in scourge arrow definitely is higher and I would use that for 100% delirum maps but for just general tier 16's and such I find that plague bearer combined with a mirage archer skill is hard to beat as you shoot once every 10 seconds or so to refresh mirage archer and refill your plague bearer and rest of the time you just run around as everything dies.

On large + open maps like Canyon, etc, I personally found Dying Sun with initial arrows, i.e. +4 arrow with Spike concoction, is the better way to clear than Plague bearer because it allows you to poison the whole map from a distance. For map with medium passages like Promenade, I still prefer the current setup. For narrow corridor, Overgrown map, etc., I think Plague bearer may have an advantage. However, I guess the MiA-SA may not be able to generate as much poison due to the wall collision that denies the spore pods.

For reference, I add a footage of me clearing a juice T16 map as below. I use mostly SA for mapping. BR only involves in fighting tough mobs/bosses.

https://youtu.be/NU7Rk5sIWG0

--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jul 27, 2020, 4:08:13 PM
"

Fenumus' is the better option in boss fights with the 50% inc damage + additional flat chaos damage on 3 webs. However, to take full advantage of the buffs, it'd require a short ramp-up period for 3 spider webs. On a different note, Hinder is nice to have both offense and defense.

If you'd like to go with rare gloves, perhaps give Culling strike some consideration.

On large + open maps like Canyon, etc, I personally found Dying Sun with initial arrows, i.e. +4 arrow with Spike concoction, is the better way to clear than Plague bearer because it allows you to poison the whole map from a distance. For map with medium passages like Promenade, I still prefer the current setup. For narrow corridor, Overgrown map, etc., I think Plague bearer may have an advantage. However, I guess the MiA-SA may not be able to generate as much poison due to the wall collision that denies the spore pods.

For reference, I add a footage of me clearing a juice T16 map as below. I use mostly SA for mapping. BR only involves in fighting tough mobs/bosses.

Hmm you don’t think my gloves provide more damage? I haven’t checked in pob but 9% attack speed, 16% dot multi and 13% ailment duration seems like it could be more damage than the fenumus gloves. I suppose I’ll check in pob tomorrow. if I fix my resistances then I should also be able to craft spider on the gloves instead of the resistances.

As for plague bearer I’m not trying to say that it’s the overall optimal way of doing it but rather just as an alternative playstyle for fast mapping. You don’t need to give up dying sun or anything like that so you still clear open maps without issue, the difference is just that you need to attack far less often. This is taken even further when you use explosions such as from chest or unspeakable gifts from cluster jewels as the mons you run through will then explode and spread poisons that way.

Also indoors it’s a true monster when combined with explosions, last league with the viper strike build I would farm lair by just running through the map with everything exploding around me and only occasionally having to attack once to refill the plague bearer.
"
If you're worried about putting hardened scars on a bad amulet, you could buy somebody's old hardened scars amulet:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/zbEKpB2F4

With gold oils down to 30c right now though I wouldn't worry TOO much about it. Your amulet is fine and will last a while. You can always fix it up a bit with harvest crafting.

Cinderswallow is extremely nice while mapping. On bosses it is whatever (though it does give stun immunity), but while mapping it will heal your life and mana to full always, pretty much. I'd get the hardened scars first, but don't underestimate the cinderswallow.

Sure enough, the Hardened Scars amulet solved the problem all by itself. There's still room for improvement but it's able to take on fully sextanted rare T16s without too much bother now, provided I don't do anything stupid.

I picked up something that looked like a failed experiment for 17c:

It had only the anoint and essence fortify mod, among a bunch of unfortunate rolls like +2 all stats. Beastcrafting and Harvest cleared out the rubbish and got me a decent life roll and capped resists, but the prefixes could still do with some work.

Now to fix flasks and get more life.
Spoiler
"
fleckens wrote:
"

Hmm you don’t think my gloves provide more damage? I haven’t checked in pob but 9% attack speed, 16% dot multi and 13% ailment duration seems like it could be more damage than the fenumus gloves. I suppose I’ll check in pob tomorrow. if I fix my resistances then I should also be able to craft spider on the gloves instead of the resistances.

As for plague bearer I’m not trying to say that it’s the overall optimal way of doing it but rather just as an alternative playstyle for fast mapping. You don’t need to give up dying sun or anything like that so you still clear open maps without issue, the difference is just that you need to attack far less often. This is taken even further when you use explosions such as from chest or unspeakable gifts from cluster jewels as the mons you run through will then explode and spread poisons that way.

Also indoors it’s a true monster when combined with explosions, last league with the viper strike build I would farm lair by just running through the map with everything exploding around me and only occasionally having to attack once to refill the plague bearer.

I am using those 2 instead of fenumus, It gave me 0,8 mil dps more acording to pob.
Totally viable option but costly. Also you get more as and life. Culling strike is perfect, i have it in my bow, works so well. i did like 50 bosses services and culling strike executing bosses <10% hp is better than sex. Lul :D
"
fleckens wrote:

I dont' think your gloves + Skitterbot could beat Fenumus' + Aspect of the Spider. Last time I check your profile with PoB, the latter had around 300k more sirus DPS. The downside, as I said, is the ramp-up time for 3 webs.

You would need lots more increase ailment mods and an additional suffix slot for Aspect of the Spider if you want to fully replace Fenumus'. Perhaps looking into a particular player who goes by the name of Langiceshot (Jurek69). He's doing rare gloves with culling strike and stacking poison damage. Quite expensive but seem to be worthwhile.

"

I think Plague Bearer with an explodey chest is legit. I might be just getting too comfortable and familiar with the current style I play. :)

On a side note, you probably want to employ Blood Rage and Cinderswallow if you want to fast map. Cinderswallow offers life gain from kill, green flame (increase damage taken for enemies ignited by you), and stun avoidance. To be able to take advantage of the Cinderswallow's green flame without using Blast Rain, you need to craft flat fire damage on your gears (or your abyss jewel if you decide to use a Stygian instead). Any small flat fire should work.

Edit: the one I mentioned already made a reply to you right before I posted mine.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jul 27, 2020, 11:59:56 PM
"
jurek69 wrote:
Spoiler
"
fleckens wrote:
"

I am using those 2 instead of fenumus, It gave me 0,8 mil dps more acording to pob.
Totally viable option but costly. Also you get more as and life. Culling strike is perfect, i have it in my bow, works so well. i did like 50 bosses services and culling strike executing bosses <10% hp is better than sex. Lul :D

A +1 frenzy charge corrupt on fenumus makes up the damage. Mine were 1 ex:

Putting your gloves on my profile (and aspect of the spider on a random piece of gear) drops my DPS by 300k. Now the higher life roll on yours is still worth considering, and of course theoretically you could corrupt something like that as well, but in practice good corruptions are mostly found on uniques.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info