[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Splodey chest is neat, as the explosions can poison. Though it does shut off poison prolif (can't prolif if the body is consumed by the splody).

Fleckens: you only have 75% chance to poison with your splosions (80% with alchemist genius), might want to consider a slight respec to raise that to 100%. Can get 15% next to fatal toxins, and 15% next to toxic strikes.

This probably doesn't matter in regular mapping content, but if you're doing harder content like fractured maps or deep delves it would be good to be maximizing your poisons from the splosions.

It is obvious a lot of your gear is carried over from other characters, so I don't want to be too critical of it not being ideal for this build, but getting 100% poison on your splosions is an easy thing to fix with a slight respec.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jul 28, 2020, 3:31:32 PM
Hey! I was wondering what the crafting method is for getting T1 attack speed, +1 arrow and double poison dmg. I put it into craft of exile and it says avg cost is 77ex doing corrode, metalic, serated powerful resonators. Am i missing something or does that sound about right
"
Splodey chest is neat, as the explosions can poison. Though it does shut off poison prolif (can't prolif if the body is consumed by the splody).

Fleckens: you only have 75% chance to poison with your splosions (80% with alchemist genius), might want to consider a slight respec to raise that to 100%. Can get 15% next to fatal toxins, and 15% next to toxic strikes.

This probably doesn't matter in regular mapping content, but if you're doing harder content like fractured maps or deep delves it would be good to be maximizing your poisons from the splosions.

It is obvious a lot of your gear is carried over from other characters, so I don't want to be too critical of it not being ideal for this build, but getting 100% poison on your splosions is an easy thing to fix with a slight respec.

Ah yeah good point, hadn't noticed some of the nodes specificly worked on attack rather than hit.

Edit: and yeah I played toxic rain before this(as well as viper strike, ice shot, caustic arrow and some other stuff I missed around with like poison rain of arrows) but just respecced so I don't have to level another character. I got quite a few sets of gear by now, got like 4 double influence chests and 3 bows.

Also with my gloves being gone due to failed corruption I just bought a pair of high templar gloves for now
Last edited by fleckens on Jul 28, 2020, 4:25:45 PM
"
I know a way to incorporate HH into the build without breaking its fabric. There are 3 things you need to be mindful of if you want to use HH in our build: resist, accuracy rating, and life. For the first one, you can take advantage of the Viridian jewels, 5 of which are being used in our build to stack up the APS and %life. If you don't mind the forum, posting a reply on our thread and I will show you the aforementioned Viridian and how to deterministically craft one. It is easier for me to link my item on the forum than on reddit.

Thank you for the build guide and the time you take use on helping others. I wish that I one day, can pay it forward to others.

These are my current items, self-crafted. Praise harvest. Looking forward to rebuilding this char into your build :)
IGN: WishfulSinfulWickedBlue, TheSoftParade
"

Gear

Oh hey. Glad to see you here. Nice gears you've crafted. All hail Harvest!

"

These are my current items, self-crafted. Praise harvest. Looking forward to rebuilding this char into your build :)

You can have a look at my gears below:
Final Gears (Harvest League)

Flask setup for T19 100% delirous map:
(for regular map: replace Coralito by Quicksilver flask)

Flask setup for end-game boss fights:

There're still room for improvement such as poison deals damage faster on boot, which I failed to roll previously, +2% to max fire resist on quiver (instead of +1), and +1 arrow on quiver. In overall, I'm very happy with the current gears I've crafted.

Regarding your question on how to incorporate Headhunter, you should be mindful of 3 things: resist, accuracy, and life. Our build stacks APS (attack per second) by stacking 5x Viridian Jewel as below:

The +4% AS and Cast speed can be add or remove by Harvest augment/remove Caster mod. So if you are looking forward to incorporating HH, you would be craving resist. In this case, remove the Caster mod on the aforementioned Viridian jewel and augment the resist you want. The best mod is +24% ele resist as follows:

Repeat for 5x the jewel, you would have 24 x 5 = 120% ele resist.

How to craft such a Viridian Jewel:
1) Buy a Viridian base with +% life and +% increased AS with bow
2) Augment chaos or remove/add chaos until you get +4% chaos DoT multi
3) Augment the resist you want (or an additional +4% AS by augment caster mod).

You can also add another T1 resist on the boots (above) if you really need.

In addition, I cap my hit rate by crafting flat accuracy rating on ring and abyss jewel, and use a quiver with +30% accuracy

If you use HH, you would want to either replace one of the Viridian jewel by the aforementioned abyss jewel or craft an additional flat accuracy elsewher.

"

Thank you for the build guide and the time you take use on helping others. I wish that I one day, can pay it forward to others.

You're welcome. It's fun to have more people to play with. Feel free to ask if you have question and pay it forward when you're ready.
Cheers
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Hey guys figured I'd drop by again to chronicle some of my venture (I owe it to Wolfie a bit, he has given us so much help! magicrectangle and farazad (sry bad spelling) too!)

I did decide to leave SSF b/c I just don't have the time to no-life and the mentality right now for mediocre gear. I'm lvl 94, and with some recent upgrades (jewels with life/AS/res + helm) I'm feeling to the point where I'm getting VERY hard to kill (only can happen with sloppy play or VERY rippy mods (like poison avoid mobs, multiple extra damage, baran influenced). The fortify effect on helm is no joke, that helps soak up the damage immensely. Still gotta get a life roll but ->

For these 3 pieces are there any nice buffs I can craft using Harvest that I've missed?

I guess for quiver annul speed and annul crit and reroll life and get some good shite on there? Are bow and chest good to go though pretty much?
Last edited by warrofua on Jul 29, 2020, 11:38:25 AM
Anyone can confirm that the new belt enchant "Enemies withered by you have -6% to all resistances" does work with Blast Rain + Mirage Archer? Because explodey chest does not work with a direct MiA support linking afaik, and it uses the same wording.
And if it's not working, what options do we have besides Withering Step to utilize the enchant?
Last edited by sirdond on Jul 29, 2020, 11:04:55 AM
"
sirdond wrote:
Anyone can confirm that the new belt enchant "Enemies withered by you have -6% to all resistances" does work with Blast Rain + Mirage Archer? Because explodey chest does not work with a direct MiA support linking afaik, and it uses the same wording.

hmm.. I checked with CallMeUnique and saw his MiA+Blast Rain exploding everything with an explodey chest. I'm pretty sure MiA+BR can trigger Cinderswallow's green flame, too (enemies ignited by you..takes 10% increased damage).

MiA does not life-leech, gain charges, gain life, or any effect that affects you though.

"

And if it's not working, what options do we have besides Withering Step to utilize the enchant?

Not sure if you really need it with above testing. But if you do, Eternal Suffering comes to mind.

"
warrofua wrote:
Hey guys figured I'd drop by again to chronicle some of my venture (I owe it to Wolfie a bit, he has given us so much help! magicrectangle and farazad (sry bad spelling) too!)

I did decide to leave SSF b/c I just don't have the time to no-life and the mentality right now for mediocre gear. I'm lvl 94, and with some recent upgrades (jewels with life/AS/res + helm) I'm feeling to the point where I'm getting VERY hard to kill (only can happen with sloppy play or VERY rippy mods (like poison avoid mobs, multiple extra damage, baran influenced). The fortify effect on helm is no joke, that helps soak up the damage immensely. Still gotta get a life roll but ->

For these 3 pieces are there any nice buffs I can craft using Harvest that I've missed?

I guess for quiver annul speed and annul crit and reroll life and get some good shite on there? Are bow and chest good to go though pretty much?

Thanks for the kind words, man.

Regarding upgrade, we made a few tweaks. We are now embracing less fire damage taken by: Dying Sun, phys taken as fire on chest, and +max fire resist on quiver. It's not a big problem not having +max fire on quiver though. Look like you've got the APS stacking using the Viridian Jewels already.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jul 29, 2020, 12:56:43 PM
"
Hey! I was wondering what the crafting method is for getting T1 attack speed, +1 arrow and double poison dmg. I put it into craft of exile and it says avg cost is 77ex doing corrode, metalic, serated powerful resonators. Am i missing something or does that sound about right

Yeah if you want exactly those mods it is going to be a lot of tries. Craft of exile has a "compute best selection" button in its fossil crafting section. Clicking that it shows corroded + metallic + serrated as the best combo at 11k chaos.

If you're also happy with T1 elder attack speed, that drops to 3.7k chaos.

But IMHO it is fine to just not have the extra arrows. In that case corroded + metallic + shuddering will get you T1 attack speed or T1 elder attack speed in 15 tries = 128 chaos. Or if you don't want the elder attack speed, 44 tries = 744 chaos.

The extra projectiles can come from dying sun, or from quiver. If you happen to hit the extra projectiles of course you're happy, but they're not mandatory. Here's my bow:

Honestly, I think I like the accuracy MORE than I would have liked an additional arrow. It let me drop precision and pick up arctic armor. Whatever you do happen to get as your other suffixes you can kinda just build around with your other pieces.
Something I’ve been thinking about is whether attack speed is as good as we make it out to be for scourge arrow. Obviously you want a decent amount for it to feel good but since we have to hold then release the attack it comes down a lot to our timing rather than just being the predictable dps gain you find on skills you just hold down.

It’s mainly something that is relevant if you got changes in your attack speed, with headhunter buffs probably being the most extreme example, when I get some of the speed buffs it will reach 5 stacks very fast and so I’m bound to mess up the timings and lose a lot of damage. Of course my damage is still going to be more than fine as I will be getting more shots off than usual but it would be far off the potential dps that I would have shown in pob if that was set up with the headhunter buffs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info