[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Actually, you don't need to get the Watcher Eye with both DoT multi (Malev) and Phys DR (Determination) unless you want to go Transcendence with Malev. High armor will be enough to push your PDR (phys damage reduction) from hits to the north of 80% (config: ~8k hit). I think the price for WE with DoT multi (Malev) will go down eventually. For simulacrum, try with Cinder, Hybrid (fortify), Dying Sun (or Coralito), Taste of Hate, and Jade. Experiment to see what works best for your playing style. Try to stack as many Viridian jewels as suggested in the PoB as possible.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Hello guys, this is one of my first posts on poe forums. I have been chosen this build for my Ritual league starter, and so far i am having a blast, thanks for the guide Wolfie! I am not much of a poe player yet, I have not even killed Sirus A8 with any character, and i hope this will be the one to do it. I am also fairly new to PoB build tweaking, that is why i am asking for your help.

Here is my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/zktBMfd7
The build is in a low budget state, i am currently in yellow maps, doing okay. I have been lucky with the bow, cost me around 30c, since i hit the fossil craft on the second try. Two tree versions are included, the second one contains cluster jewels i already have, but i am not sure it is worth respecing to yet, since it would lower my life pool. I am using the Barrage version, because i like its playstyle better, and it feels much better for bossing.

Can you guys help me with the following:
1) Are there any crucial changes that i need to make to the build right now?
2) Can you give me an upgrade path i should work towards? What are the most important things i should get first?
Hello there!!!

Anyone got some tips on what to get next for my build??

here's my PoB:

https://pastebin.com/PHFRVHdB

all upgrades are quite expensive, not sure what to focus on.

currently crafting this with an imprint:
Hi @WolfieNa,

Can you please update your guide.

I like the Build so far (just finished lvl'ing), A lot!

But man is that guide so convoluted and contradicting!

I would love to play it further, but I'm just so lost !!!

This is one of the most confusing guides I had to follow on PoE.
Not that I'm a pro by any measure, but I have "finished the game" (killed Sirus A8, Uber Elder, etc..)

So I thought instead of asking where to go with upgrade from here, now that I have leveled. I would ask for you to update the guide.

My first suggestion is to scrap the Acrobatics build and focus only on Iron Reflexes.
As that was the first part that was confusing. But then reading the posts most said that IR was better??? As there is no explanation as to why one is better/worse then the other?
It (IR) would also flow better with the 1-60 leveling PoB.

Also, explaining the defense mechanics in more detail. With step by step to progression of gear, gems, jewels. What comes first?
Maybe re-doing the 64-85 PoB with IR instead of Acrobatics?

Hope this helps in some way.

Looking forward to playing this build some more.
Helly
Why don't we take Aul amulet with the determination cost 0 mana reservation ?
Cause it adds 20% increased armor .. it's pretty nice no ?
Why we want on chest
(11-15)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage
When our elemental res sucks? Isin't it better to take phys hits, while you have 100k armor? Insted of this you can craft additional life.
"
Kaenshin_ wrote:
Why we want on chest
When our elemental res sucks? Isin't it better to take phys hits, while you have 100k armor? Insted of this you can craft additional life.

You are talking about armor stacking version with transcendence keystone (you got that from militant faith timeless jewel). This keystone changes the armor so it no longer mitigates physical hits, instead of that it mitigates elemental hits. This basically means that you dont have much protection vs physical hits. With affix you mentioned, you basically convert X% of physical damage you take to elemental one. This means 2 things:
- your elemental resistances now reduce that part of damage
- your armor now also reduces that part of damage
You can reduce huge amount of physical damange if you will be able to convert big part of incoming damage to elemental damage this way.
Last edited by greenrasp on Jan 27, 2021, 2:27:31 PM
"
greenrasp wrote:
"
Kaenshin_ wrote:
Why we want on chest

You are talking about armor stacking version with transcendence keystone (you got that from militant faith timeless jewel). This keystone changes the armor so it no longer mitigates physical hits, instead of that it mitigates elemental hits. This basically means that you dont have much protection vs physical hits. With affix you mentioned, you basically convert X% of physical damage you take to elemental one. This means 2 things:
- your elemental resistances now reduce that part of damage
- your armor now also reduces that part of damage
You can reduce huge amount of physical damange if you will be able to convert big part of incoming damage to elemental damage this way.

iirc modifiers like phys damage taken as fire work as follows: (using dumb math so its easy to follow)

Lets say you have 80% physical mitigation on a 10000 hit, you'd take 2000 damage

Now lets say you take 15% of phys damage as fire, you take 15% of 2000 (300) and reduce it by your fire resist (75% for ease) which is 75taken / 225 resisted
Now you take 1775 on the hit instead of 2000.

This is why flasks like taste of hate are good.
Killed mavened up shaper and guardians (not in her arena), T16 is easy cruising except for some odd one-shots now and then. Great fun build.

Im not sure what my next focus should be gear wise. Currently looking at either trying to upgrade all my viridian jewels, or perhaps getting a juicier chest piece. Atm my resists are very unbalanced due to upgrading one piece at a time, so im lacking a fair amount of chaos resist.

https://pastebin.com/Y98uk1Ym

Currently running envy+malevo which sure amped up my clear speed a fair bit. But im thinking that long term i might want to swap envy auls for determination aul so that I could use Astral plates (that 180 str req is hefty) since those are easier to find with juicy affixes. But I feel that an Malev WE might be a good first step to not feel the loss in dmg too much.

How important would you say the "physical damage taken as x" is? Seems hard to stack it to great amounts since that would require one to use several different flasks instead of just using one "elemental flask".

Would greatly appreciate some feedback and suggestions :)
Last edited by thegreekgod on Jan 27, 2021, 4:39:44 PM
"
tracker2013 wrote:
Helly
Why don't we take Aul amulet with the determination cost 0 mana reservation ?
Cause it adds 20% increased armor .. it's pretty nice no ?

We do. It's the amulet recommended in the reference PoB.
The video guide footage was recorded with Aul with Determination.

As Dying Sun's part of our flask setup, having phys taken as fire is always a good thing to do, esp. when you transition to Transcendence.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jan 27, 2021, 5:58:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info