[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Also just an update. Finished Sirus for the first time this league on awakener 5 and it was extremely easy. Only died once and it wasn't the builds fault, I was half awake at 1 AM because I refused to go to bed without slaying him and totally screwed up on the maze during last phase LOL.

All in all single target damage is coming around.. It isn't the most insane single target I've ever played but the combination of that, movement, tankiness and down right insane clear makes this probably one of the most fun builds I've ever experienced. Considering I still have a ton of things to shore up on my gear through crafting I'm certain this will be my first level 100 character. Thank you so much for the excellent work and the help!
"
Wastedturtl wrote:
"
Slottm wrote:
"
Wastedturtl wrote:
Question - Why do we take Fenumus Weave if we're not using aspect of the spider? Wouldn't something like The Embalmer be more effective due to more life, flat chaos damage, increased poison duration and chaos res?

We absolutely do use aspect of the spider, when you transition out of Vrift, your auras should be
aspect of spider
Herald of Agony
Flesh and Stone

with enlighten, you can pop on dread banner(lvl 3 enlighten) or arctic armor (lvl 4)

With a mana flask (no -mana chest yet) I'm able to use dread banner without enlighten atm.

So you're running HoA, Dread Banner, Flesh and Stone, and Spiders?

yep!
Anyone able to gimme a few pointers?
Thanks ahead of time!

https://pastebin.com/Pv4j83UB

Feels like Voltaxic starts falling off when you get to red maps, I upgraded and the build feels better now - its a great cheap starter option though.

"
Revak wrote:
Feels like Voltaxic starts falling off when you get to red maps, I upgraded and the build feels better now - its a great cheap starter option though.

Ya the crafted bow is an absurd DPS increase. That and the chest piece with -15 mana cost were my first priorities.
@Slottm

Thanks for the help I'll switch that around when I get home from work today!
So ive read that bow upgrade is a huge dps increase.
Does that mean that i dont need herald of thunder anymore after the bow?
"
seesee215 wrote:
So ive read that bow upgrade is a huge dps increase.
Does that mean that i dont need herald of thunder anymore after the bow?

I just crafted a trash bow and its 2x better for single target dps. IMO voltaxic is utter trash. You won't be able to dps down T12 bosses. I laughed so hard when it got easier but this is no way in any shape or form a BUDGET STARTER league build. DPS drop off is too much and investment cost is not fun vs other builds. You can do much better early league and I will not try this again next league.

Crafting is very frustrating since it'll take you around 4 ex for a decent bow and the quiver is a shit show. The chest alone is expensive to craft and it needs to be 6L so you're better off perfect fossil --> quality craft --> 6L then roll it with fossils.

Each bow crafting attempt is 11c + 2c + 3c + 1.5 c = ~18c per try.
\]
"
Inferius90 wrote:
I have tried scourge arrow a bit and tbh I don't really like it.
I will use Toxic rain instead. This skill has nice aoe.
Do I really need blast rain to it? Can I use barrage instead?
Should I use Darkscorn before crafted endgame bow?

Poison TR works well with the Elder (thicket) bow. Don't bother with Darkscorn since you want as fast as possible bow. You will need Elder poison bow to scale the poison and explosions. Ignore the pod's chaos dot damage if you do poison TR.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 24, 2020, 1:24:17 PM
"
cheelos wrote:

I laughed so hard when it got easier but this is no way in any shape or form a BUDGET STARTER league build. DPS drop off is too much and investment cost is not fun vs other builds. You can do much better early league and I will not try this again next league.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it's not correct to say V-Rift is not a budget league-starter. It provides you with enough fire power to gradually transition to the late game set up. If you are really expecting a 2 chaos bow and non-optimized gears to carry you in the end game, I'm sorry that this build might not be the right one for you.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Sep 24, 2020, 1:30:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info