(Old league) Cut-throat testers wanted

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Those problems are just because its a default cuthroat league.

Change it to HC and everything is cleared by "default" :P

You know, I agree wholeheartedly here. There are a lot more challenges implementing a default cut throat league than there are running a hc cut throat league. Let all the equipped gear drop, and the defeated character dies a permanent death. It's cut throat. You die, you re-roll. None of this pansy-ass, 'I'll get to keep the most valuable half of my items' crap...

It's been shown that it is possible to achieve lvl 30 in three hours in rush leagues (yes, I know it'll be wayyy harder with open instances, but I'm just using that as the control). Therefore, the player investment cost to get back in the game is minimal, and the skill/support gem system has already been retooled to provide viability as low as lvl 11(? support gem min, I can't remember off-hand). We just need easier access to skill gems at lower levels.

Under this ruleset, I would anticipate the average character level would be in their 20s, with the true veterans achieving the high 30s... It will be up to the league population to team up to take out someone who has achieved a level so high that they are able to mow down single challengers with ease...

The league will be a persistent version of Last Man Standing or King of the Hill. Bragging rights will be who holds the top of the ladder the longest. Have a decay timer so that an inactive player after a period of time (say 30 days inactivity) the character gets shunted to regular HC and is 'retired' from the cut throat league.

It would be cool if there was a top ten challenge list like in Afro Samurai or No More Heroes (the thematic storylines). You have to achieve a certain level of notoriety before you can challenge a player for a top 10 spot.

"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Apr 18, 2012, 11:22:26 AM
Finally it beckons.

Sign me up, that is, if you want to.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Okay, NEW RULES:

You drop everything in your inventory and all equipped items.
You do not drop equipped skill gems (they are placed in your inventory on death). You do not lose your flasks. You do not lose items from your stashes.

This is going to be a bloodbath.

Unfortunately this maintains the issue I raised earlier, in that skill gems are required to cast spells - except that you have to have somewhere to equip the gems.

I still like my suggestion of the only things not being dropped are:

1) your flasks (your idea, I forgot about these :P)
2) your stash items (not in inventory = not fair game)
3) equipped items that have gems socketed in them

I would suggest to counter #3 that (bear with me, this may be long), when you die, a copy of your gemmed item drops. This item is exactly the same as what you had equipped - for all intents and purposes, it IS that item.

When you respawn in town, you keep the item and all its sockets and gems, but the item is scoured of both rarity and quality, and forbidden from being enchanted (to prevent duping/abuse).

So if I died with this:
Unavailable

I would drop that item for my attacker. This dropped item would not contain any gems (to prevent duping). When my character respawns, she (it's a witch!) is equipped with an unenchanted Scaly Hauberk with a red "Damaged" tag. The damaged tag indicates that you cannot enchant it to be Magic or Rare (it may have awesome sockets - you don't want friends killing each other to duplicate these) nor can it be increased in +quality (not as important, but may as well cover all bases). The gems socketed in the item remain with the killed player - the attacker does not receive any. Alternatively, you could reward the attacker with a support gem from the deceased player if you really want to kick them in the pants.

Also - when you die, any +quality you have on gems is lost. You play in the big leagues, be prepared to bleed. You keep the gems, but they become baseline. You don't lose the experience on your gems if you are defending. If you are the attacker and you die, you retain the levels on your gems, but lose all accumulated gem experience (the league will need people who aren't too interested in invading, so that people who ARE interested in invading have people to invade). If you kill someone who has +quality on their gems, every % of +quality gives you a point, and every time you hit 40 points, your points are automatically converted to a Gemcutter's Prism (to reflect the store recipe, which [may have changed] is total 40 quality on gems = 1 GCP). If you kill someone, you get their points.

I'm not too fussed about the +quality suggestion, but I really think you should implement the "Damaged" items. If I haven't explained it adequately, please let me know.

"
Chris wrote:

The grace period is now 10 seconds (rather than 5).

My computer can take upwards of 20 seconds to load a zone. In the past this load time has been more than enough to get me killed before I'd finished loading a zone. Hoping you can find a way to address this!

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Those problems are just because its a default cuthroat league.

Change it to HC and everything is cleared by "default" :P

IRON MAN!

You need socketed items for your skills, yes, but you can buy them in any store or simply loot them from a lvl 1 mob, no problem.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
Last edited by Drudley on Apr 18, 2012, 11:16:55 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I'd be interested.
I think that, instead of a "grace" period, characters should simply not be present in an area until they actually load it.
I'll be hunted, nothing more fun than killing someone in "self-defense"
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
I would like to apply as well, please :)
Count me in :)
I too would be interested in testing this leage.
Sounds great! I'd be glad to help test it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info