(Old league) Cut-throat testers wanted

i would be interested in helping out with the curthroat testing.
I'd be interested to test Cut-throat.

Count me in plz :)
I am a core of one of the biggest guilds in Asheron's Call, on Darktide, the guild's name is Get Down. We specialize in ruthless, number oriented PvP and domination, and we usually achieve this on Asheron's Call only PVP server.

Asheron's Call Darktide has been going strong for over 13 years now, and I've been with it all the way, on their hardcore PVP server.

I respect you and would never talk badly about cutthroat. I am eager to try this and respond how I feel about it, this has so much potential.
Last edited by Spiritus on Apr 18, 2012, 7:33:56 AM
I would love to help test and improve cutthroat.
"
Chris wrote:

Okay, NEW RULES:

You drop everything in your inventory and all equipped items.
You do not drop equipped skill gems (they are placed in your inventory on death). You do not lose your flasks. You do not lose items from your stashes.

This is going to be a bloodbath.

Unfortunately this maintains the issue I raised earlier, in that skill gems are required to cast spells - except that you have to have somewhere to equip the gems.

I still like my suggestion of the only things not being dropped are:

1) your flasks (your idea, I forgot about these :P)
2) your stash items (not in inventory = not fair game)
3) equipped items that have gems socketed in them

I would suggest to counter #3 that (bear with me, this may be long), when you die, a copy of your gemmed item drops. This item is exactly the same as what you had equipped - for all intents and purposes, it IS that item.

When you respawn in town, you keep the item and all its sockets and gems, but the item is scoured of both rarity and quality, and forbidden from being enchanted (to prevent duping/abuse).

So if I died with this:
Unavailable

I would drop that item for my attacker. This dropped item would not contain any gems (to prevent duping). When my character respawns, she (it's a witch!) is equipped with an unenchanted Scaly Hauberk with a red "Damaged" tag. The damaged tag indicates that you cannot enchant it to be Magic or Rare (it may have awesome sockets - you don't want friends killing each other to duplicate these) nor can it be increased in +quality (not as important, but may as well cover all bases). The gems socketed in the item remain with the killed player - the attacker does not receive any. Alternatively, you could reward the attacker with a support gem from the deceased player if you really want to kick them in the pants.

Also - when you die, any +quality you have on gems is lost. You play in the big leagues, be prepared to bleed. You keep the gems, but they become baseline. You don't lose the experience on your gems if you are defending. If you are the attacker and you die, you retain the levels on your gems, but lose all accumulated gem experience (the league will need people who aren't too interested in invading, so that people who ARE interested in invading have people to invade). If you kill someone who has +quality on their gems, every % of +quality gives you a point, and every time you hit 40 points, your points are automatically converted to a Gemcutter's Prism (to reflect the store recipe, which [may have changed] is total 40 quality on gems = 1 GCP). If you kill someone, you get their points.

I'm not too fussed about the +quality suggestion, but I really think you should implement the "Damaged" items. If I haven't explained it adequately, please let me know.

"
Chris wrote:

The grace period is now 10 seconds (rather than 5).

My computer can take upwards of 20 seconds to load a zone. In the past this load time has been more than enough to get me killed before I'd finished loading a zone. Hoping you can find a way to address this!

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Those problems are just because its a default cuthroat league.

Change it to HC and everything is cleared by "default" :P

IRON MAN!
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Apr 18, 2012, 8:43:18 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Those problems are just because its a default cuthroat league.

Change it to HC and everything is cleared by "default" :P
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
hell yes pvp!! im in XD
I want to join the test plz
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Also interested in trying this out
played darkfall online and mortal online.

I would love to help test this realm :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info