(Old league) Cut-throat testers wanted

Count me in! (well not in but you know what i mean :P)
Question:
Alt+F4 = ????

Either you oneshot someone or he will press Alt+F4 before dying right now.
Makes the league kind of pointless.
Last edited by overpowdered on Apr 18, 2012, 3:27:11 AM
"
overpowdered wrote:
Question:
Alt+F4 = ????

Either you oneshot someone or he will press Alt+F4 before dying right now.
Makes the league kind of pointless.

There's a countdown before you can leave cut-throat instances. If they alt-f4 or disconnect, the'll be left in the world for a while.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I want to participate in the test. PVP is the reason why many players are here, I am not an exception.

BTW, already giving some feedback... what if you DC and your character is left in the middle of a swarm? I already smell the tears of HC players.
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
"
Amarena wrote:
BTW, already giving some feedback... what if you DC and your character is left in the middle of a swarm? I already smell the tears of HC players.

This is a mode that will mercilessly kill you and take all your items in situations like that. Only people willing to have that happen often should play.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
I have an important (serious business!) question about this league. Will you drop ALL items on death (inventory + equipped) or just inventory? (doesn't include stash, I don't think) If it drops equipped items, that includes skill gems, which is problematic since skill gems are the only way to use skills.
We've changed our mind on the above stuff. Now inventory items are dropped as well. You still keep your equipped skill gems and your flasks though.

I really don't like the idea of flasks/gems not dropping. It's supposed to be cutthroat, everything on you should drop. In no time you have a stash full of extra gems and innumerable backup flasks anyway, so, it's nowhere near as bad as ppl think.

However, this is length-related: i suppose a 1hr/3hr cutthroat league dropping gems *might* be too brutal (still skeptical), while a longer one like a week or a month it's much more desireable. So perhaps you should just set what drops as a toggle among options for a cutthroat league (which, conveniently, ppl can set when they purchase private leagues). Rather than trying to find a one-size fits all solution that will inevitably fit none.

Also note that in hardcore cutthroat it's especially broken to not drop some things - why banish those valuable items to deletion? It would wreck complete havoc on the flask and gem economy. Not to mention if in HC you make it drop all, you've now introduced a difference between HC and SC versions of an otherwise identical mode, which is a slippery slope.

I am eager to participate and provide feedback (99% of my 500 posts are feedback and bug related). I can't participate in the very first one if it is indeed at 6pm tomorrow (weekly boardgame night comes first :). However, as it sounds like you will be running many back to back, i'll certainly be able to test others.
Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Apr 18, 2012, 4:31:44 AM
"
unsane wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
I have an important (serious business!) question about this league. Will you drop ALL items on death (inventory + equipped) or just inventory? (doesn't include stash, I don't think) If it drops equipped items, that includes skill gems, which is problematic since skill gems are the only way to use skills.
We've changed our mind on the above stuff. Now inventory items are dropped as well. You still keep your equipped skill gems and your flasks though.

I really don't like the idea of flasks/gems not dropping. It's supposed to be cutthroat, everything on you should drop. In no time you have a stash full of extra gems and innumerable backup flasks anyway, so, it's nowhere near as bad as ppl think.

However, this is length-related: a 1hr/3hr cutthroat league dropping gems might be too brutal, while a longer one like a week or a month it's much more desireable. So perhaps you should just set what drops as a toggle among options for a cutthroat league (which, conveniently, ppl can set when they purchase private leagues). Rather than trying to find a one-size fits all solution that will inevitably fit none.

Also note that in hardcore cutthroat it's especially broken to not drop some things - why banish those valuable items to deletion? It would wreck complete havoc on the flask and gem economy. Not to mention if in HC you make it drop all, you've now introduced a difference between HC and SC versions of an otherwise identical mode, which is a slippery slope.

I am eager to participate and provide feedback (99% of my 500 posts are feedback and bug related). I can't participate in the very first one if it is indeed at 6pm tomorrow (boardgames come first :). However, as it sounds like you will be running many back to back, i'll certainly be able to test others.

Seriously man think about it. If gems dropped, then only people who haven't been killed could kill, and people who have been killed couldnt kill. It would drive to hard of a seperation between a player who has a fireball doing 500 damage and another player with no gear and a fireball doing 1-7dmg.

I'm not even going into more detail on these matters frankly because I would rather not share strategy details but there are even more reasons than I am stating here. Best to let the metagame grow naturally rather than influence it by discussion before play.
I don't think gems are deleted, you get to keep them.

And even if you have backups, you're going to have to be lvling new gems all the time?
I would really like to try this since a hard game where action really matter is what keeps me playing this game so much : ).

I want my actions to matter even if that makes my character die :) !!
R
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jan 7, 2019, 2:59:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info