[3.10] Herald Power Siphon Guardian | OP as heck | Money making guide and Scion version included

"
teslabear wrote:

A few little things:
- Headhunter (duh)
- Awakened Chain
- Divine your boots to 10% elusive
- Vitality on amulet
- Add Blood Rage
- Swap Anger and Hatred gem placement (I believe its more damage to +gems anger without additional cold conversion)
- Pure Talent jewel with 1 node allocated at Templar start
- Work on swapping out a Heraldry for another Endbringer
- If you don't need more projectiles, swap Dying Sun for Bottled Faith. More projectiles is great but you have so many from helm enchant. You will cap crit, get more es regen (your WE gets a little bonus) and attack faster in barrage mode. Maybe wait until you get awakened chain

Thanks! I already did the boots and have to figure out in pob how to do the amulet thing without delaying my headhunter too much.
"
teslabear wrote:
"
Shappening wrote:
Thanks for this guide! I threw around 200exa at this and got to this: https://pastebin.com/5D1ZfCLM

Can someone help me out with what would make sense to upgrade next or if I messed it up somewhere?

This is my first season and I am a new poe player, so many things are still not that easy to understand since it is so overwhelming. I started with an ED, then ball lightning CI CoC and now this and it is definitely the most fun for mapping.

Right now my only plan really is to farm a headhunter and slap back sirus for killing me so often.

A few little things:
- Headhunter (duh)
- Awakened Chain
- Divine your boots to 10% elusive
- Vitality on amulet
- Add Blood Rage
- Swap Anger and Hatred gem placement (I believe its more damage to +gems anger without additional cold conversion)
- Pure Talent jewel with 1 node allocated at Templar start
- Work on swapping out a Heraldry for another Endbringer
- If you don't need more projectiles, swap Dying Sun for Bottled Faith. More projectiles is great but you have so many from helm enchant. You will cap crit, get more es regen (your WE gets a little bonus) and attack faster in barrage mode. Maybe wait until you get awakened chain

Wow thanks for the anger and hatred switch tip I got a big dps boost out of that! Adding blood rage seems like a good idea. Amulet with vitality and crit multi gets expensive though.

Also wanted to ask Bismuth oak seems to add a lot of dps in this build? PoB shows me almost 2M dps increase in barrage setup. You think we can use that instead?
"
K4P0T wrote:
"
hanguk08 wrote:
"
K4P0T wrote:

Use the amulet. No str requirement.

That's an option I guess, but I'd rather not waste currency to get vitality on the amulet. Not sure if anyone needs it, but someone might update the guide because that number seems wrong.

Waste one AW orb? It's not that expensive.
I also tried to get an Amulet with elepen, crit multi and reserved but you lose a gem socket.
To be able to ditch all Split Pesonalities with Str and having another gemsocket is totally worth 2-3ex in my opinion. Rather put in Pure Talent for the elepen and be done with it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking that es/crit multi/etc would be better than vitality. On the other hand vitality on amulet frees up strength on gear pressure and allows another aura as you said.
"
hanguk08 wrote:
"
K4P0T wrote:
"
hanguk08 wrote:

Waste one AW orb? It's not that expensive.
I also tried to get an Amulet with elepen, crit multi and reserved but you lose a gem socket.
To be able to ditch all Split Pesonalities with Str and having another gemsocket is totally worth 2-3ex in my opinion. Rather put in Pure Talent for the elepen and be done with it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking that es/crit multi/etc would be better than vitality. On the other hand vitality on amulet frees up strength on gear pressure and allows another aura as you said.

I think elepen on amulet (shaper influence) is almost better than crit mutli since you don't have a lot of options getting ele pen on other gear.
Multi is easily stackable with cobalt, breathstealer etc. but pen can only come from amulet, Pure talent jewel, wand or a stygian.

Bloodrage in turn is really interesting to ditch some of the minimum frenzy charges on gear for more ES or mana crafts. (minimum frenzy are used to elevate single target dps which should be decent already if you invested some currency also Barrage doesn't benefit that much from frenzy)

More mana means getting rid of Enlighten Supports -which literally do nothing- to put in more auras, Empowers or replace the unsocketted rings with CotBs as I'm planning to do.

Why do you use a Mana flask?
Last edited by K4P0T on May 15, 2020, 5:22:07 AM
Just a quick question, I'm playing budget LL Herald Cast on Crit Arc with around 50 ex investment and I gathered around 50ex on top of that. Is that budget enough to transit into this build? Or with pretty low budget it will feel worse than my current build?
Last edited by maciek2g on May 15, 2020, 5:34:55 AM
"
maciek2g wrote:
Just a quick question, I'm playing budget LL Herald Cast on Crit Arc with around 50 ex investment and I gathered around 50ex on top of that. Is that budget enough to transit into this build? Or with pretty low budget it will feel worse than my current build?

Don't bother with less than 200-300ex IMO, this build is highly gear dependant and won't feel smooth before.

I haven't played a CoC Herald stacker, but simplty going CI will half your DPS when you play a spell build, on top of that you need a lot more RMR to be able to run all the auras you reserved on life beforehand and because this build uses PS, you also need a large amount of crit multi for it to feel good.

A decent wand (350 dps +10% ele pen) will cost you 20-30 ex, a decent amulet with crit multi will cost another 20-30 ex, decent gloves (Ele Weakness on hit on shadow and dust or templar gloves with + levels) will cost you 20-30 ex, a rmr crit multi jewel is 1-2ex and you need a few of them.

A pair of tailwind/elusive/cannot be frozen/cannot be chilled boots will cost you another 5-20ex, depending on if you craft them yourself and get lucky or you buy them.

You can play this build before, but it will feel way worse than any LL version.
"
K4P0T wrote:
I think elepen on amulet (shaper influence is almost better than crit mutli since you don't have a lot of options getting ele pen on other gear.
Multi is easily stackable with cobalt, breathstealer etc. but pen can only come from amulet, Pure talent jewel, wand or a stygian.

Bloodrage in turn is really interesting to ditch some of the minimum frenzy charges on gear for more ES or mana crafts. (minimum frenzy are used to elevate single target dps which should be decent already if you invested some currency also Barrage doesn't benefit that much from frenzy)

More mana means getting rid of Enlighten Supports -which literally do nothing- to put in more auras, Empowers or replace the unsocketted rings with CotBs as I'm planning to do.

Why do you use a Mana flask?

Great points. Does flat flat Mana help with reserving auras? I thought most auras reserve a percent of Mana.

I use a Mana flask because I haven't figured out how Regen enough mana. Any more levels of clarity and I have no Mana to cast at all.
"
hanguk08 wrote:

Great points. Does flat flat Mana help with reserving auras? I thought most auras reserve a percent of Mana.

I use a Mana flask because I haven't figured out how Regen enough mana. Any more levels of clarity and I have no Mana to cast at all.

Thats why you dont level Clarity at all and it stays at lvl 1. Im at 30 unreserved mana and thats comfortable to play for me. I have mana on hit on 1 of my jewel tho.
Last edited by Asag on May 15, 2020, 2:33:16 PM
My clarity is level 5. 80 mana available. I can sit in hideout and hold down my PS key and mana doesn't drop, even with blood rage going. I've managed to run oom on extremely rare occasion if I have a few attack speed HH buffs, but that lasts for perhaps half a second?

Clarity and precision both reserve flat mana, so total pool affects it, yes.
Hi, awesome build! The only thing im curious about is how you managed to get 90% phys reduction, i only seem to be able to get to 70 withouth determintation. I dont know what i'm doing wrong.

pob: https://pastebin.com/QPsjw47B

greets, lex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info