[3.10] neoCrown's Assassin Bow CoC VD [All content cleared][Deathless Simulacrums/U-Elder/Sirus]

"
RNHell wrote:
"
neoCrown wrote:
"
RNHell wrote:

1. Is that worth crafting on and if so what would be the way to go with it?

2. For the small cluster jewels Is the 3 passives better than 2, assume if we get good attributes/resist they make more sense?

I have a Ice shot build and trying this out for doing more consistent Sirius 8 (because im bad and die sometimes xD) and so far it seems pretty fun! Will probably look at crafting a few things, and would appreciate some pointers on gear priority. I have all the base items, probably buying a circle ring next if the bow is good to go.

1. If you have some currency, then I would certainly try to craft on that bow as it has the perfect setup for slamming some exalted orbs. It currently has one prefix and 2 suffixes, with an open suffix to craft 'Cannot roll attack mods'.

Based on this website, https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Bow, the mod pool if you slam twice for the prefixes are:

+1 to level of socketed gems
Damage penetrates elemental resistances
Chance to gain frenzy charge on kill
Gain %phys damage as extra cold damage

So there is 1/2 chance of landing something good, although the weighting might affect the chances.

You can craft attack speed or chance to deal double damage to finish it off.
If you craft attack speed, make sure one of the notables on your crit cluster jewel is Pressure Points so you have a source of double damage elsewhere.

2. Yes, if your build meets the resistance and attribute requirements, there is no issue with running a 2 passive small cluster jewel. Very flexible. The reason I have it as a 3 passive is for the chaos res and attributes because I am speccing in and out of Divine Flesh and testing out different amulets with the +1 dex and +1 fire gem mods.

3. That's good to hear! Glad you are having fun. I played an Iceshot Voidfletcher build a few leagues ago and was cruising through content as well. I think the price of the 2 damage mod Circle of Anguish rings have dropped (browsing the market and some are selling for 4ex at the moment). I got mine for 6 exalts a few weeks ago if I remember correctly.

Good luck with the build.

Thanks! It worked out pretty nicely

50/50 odds it seems. But I have a bow at least so I'm happy for now. Going to try and get the rest of things. Currency isnt a huge deal atm, since my Iceshot character can go farm almost anything pretty easily (Minus my meh play on sirius). I was saving up for a HH, but I rather have a sirius farmer, and possibly just full time change of pace depending on how it feels, which so far so good!

The bow I had lying around and thought maybe I would do some CoC shennanigans with it later when saw the guide and wanted to give it a shot, i havent played with VD since poets pen was still a thing. I didnt want to do another spin it to win it cospris since I tried that last league. I was thinking something with lightning, but VD works great.

For the ring, trying to get a decent one around 4-5ex range so not too much of a hurry. I gave myself a 10ex budget to get this going, and probably going to expand that to 20.

I have a suggestion for your cluster jewel setup if you are planning to rock this current bow. After you bless orb this current bow to 50% implicit, it will have very high base crit chance so I would actually recommend going for 1 curse and 1 crit medium cluster jewel instead of 2 medium crit cluster jewels.

The mods to go for that cluster jewel would be Master of Fear (unnerve enemies - they will take 10% increased spell damage) and Evil Eye (Cursed enemies take 5% increased damage, you also get 5% hit dodge). You can also consider the Wish for Death mod (Culling strike against cursed enemies).

This setup will be more damage output and more utility with the dodge for you setup.
Last edited by neoCrown on Apr 15, 2020, 3:42:09 AM
Thanks man. I’m just trying to get together some gear atm. I respec’d from venom gyre. I got the tree and cluster jewels so far. Plus chest boots helm and some rings. Need to get gloves and quiver and a couple rare jewels and the flasks to give it a whirl. If you want you should be able to see my toon and let me know what you think
I love testing cluster jewels, I'm trying to play around your suggestions and I went with a build with 2 large clusters and 4 mediums. After I spent a bunch of exalteds on perfect combinations I realized one mistake I made.

It's very important to note that Corrosive Elements and/or Master of Fire does NOT stack with Wave of Conviction.

Therefore, don't waste currency and passive points on skills that grant Exposure if you use WoC.

Maybe this is something worth adding to the original guide.

P.S. I love the work put in this guide. I appreciate a lot the effort someone puts in both writing detailed steps for people with less experience and takes the time to answer questions in the forum. Therefor, thank you!
"
Cry0nicS wrote:
I love testing cluster jewels, I'm trying to play around your suggestions and I went with a build with 2 large clusters and 4 mediums. After I spent a bunch of exalteds on perfect combinations I realized one mistake I made.

It's very important to note that Corrosive Elements and/or Master of Fire does NOT stack with Wave of Conviction.

Therefore, don't waste currency and passive points on skills that grant Exposure if you use WoC.

Maybe this is something worth adding to the original guide.

P.S. I love the work put in this guide. I appreciate a lot the effort someone puts in both writing detailed steps for people with less experience and takes the time to answer questions in the forum. Therefor, thank you!

Yup, I'll put it in the guide under the cluster jewels, thank you. Probably the main reason I went with Wave of Conviction is because it provides a guaranteed and biggest fire exposure value compared to Corrosive elements/Master of fire.

Thanks. I was in their position before so I know how it feels with a game like this and the huge knowledge sink required.
"
neoCrown wrote:

I have a suggestion for your cluster jewel setup if you are planning to rock this current bow. After you bless orb this current bow to 50% implicit, it will have very high base crit chance so I would actually recommend going for 1 curse and 1 crit medium cluster jewel instead of 2 medium crit cluster jewels.

The mods to go for that cluster jewel would be Master of Fear (unnerve enemies - they will take 10% increased spell damage) and Evil Eye (Cursed enemies take 5% increased damage, you also get 5% hit dodge). You can also consider the Wish for Death mod (Culling strike against cursed enemies).

This setup will be more damage output and more utility with the dodge for you setup.

I currently have precise commander / pressure points and precise commander / quick gateway jewels. Ill POB And see how it ends up if i swap to curse ones. If I drop pressure points, would I then drop the precise commander and craft double damage on the bow?

I was debating crafting the attack speed when rare/unique enemies are near instead. I gave the trigger socketed spells a try to see if it would work but it doesnt :). I have to fix resists / flasks but my current gear is below. Resists ill probably fix through jewels as I level.

Current gear:

Damage is insane on Singletarget.

Im lacking a bit of Defense atm

is there any specific reason why you have a hunter quiver?
"
UndrcvrKiller wrote:
is there any specific reason why you have a hunter quiver?

Tried to upgrade my gear by slamming a Hunter's exalted orb on my quiver as all 3 mods from the prefix mod pool work super well with the build:

Projectiles pierce additional target
+2% to maximum chaos resistance
Increased movement speed

Conqueror's Exalted orb slamming session

There were no bad mods that I could get by just slamming the quiver assuming there are no extra suffix slots. Once your base gear is settled, we should be able to make upgrades one gear at a time.
"
verano123 wrote:
Damage is insane on Singletarget.

Im lacking a bit of Defense atm

Took a look at your current tree and perhaps with the high single target damage, you can respec out of the 2 critical strike multiplier nodes next to Throatseeker to grab some of the life and mana nodes near the witch area.

Once you free up some of those dexterity nodes (I see 3 nodes that could be specced out) with dexterity on gear instead, you can spec into more life nodes.

In addition, I seem to die or get chunked more often when I'm running Immortal Call instead of Steelskin so that is another suggestion.
"
RNHell wrote:
"
neoCrown wrote:

I currently have precise commander / pressure points and precise commander / quick gateway jewels. Ill POB And see how it ends up if i swap to curse ones. If I drop pressure points, would I then drop the precise commander and craft double damage on the bow?

I was debating crafting the attack speed when rare/unique enemies are near instead. I gave the trigger socketed spells a try to see if it would work but it doesnt :). I have to fix resists / flasks but my current gear is below. Resists ill probably fix through jewels as I level.

Current gear:

Yup, as long as you have a source of double damage somewhere, it's fine to drop Pressure Points.

For attack speed, build will feel smoother if you have over 3.00 attack speed in POB with buffs up. So attack speed craft is also a good option.

It's a matter of filling in the gaps with gear and cluster jewels so the personalisation is up to you.

Good luck finding the perfect balance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info