PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

[3.10] neoCrown's Assassin Bow CoC VD [All content cleared][Deathless Simulacrums/U-Elder/Sirus]

"
Sepulker wrote:
When you say to level with ball lightning and arc, what do you mean? What are all the links?

The step by step is in the description. The fleshed out links would be:

Kinetic bolt - added lightning - added cold - barrage - inspiration - elemental damage with attacks

Spellslinger - arc - controlled destruction

Spellslinger - ball lightning - slower projectiles - elemental focus (If you have enough mana, add this 4th link in).

Herald of Ice or Herald of thunder - curse on hit - conductivity - enlighten

Flame dash - arcane surge (level 4).

Cast when damage taken - steelskin

This is a temporary setup to bring you to a high enough level to equip all the gear. But if you find the playstyle fun or want to play a variant, there is also a POB link in the description under levelling about this starter build with a video showcase.
Last edited by neoCrown on Apr 14, 2020, 3:01:24 AM
"
neoCrown wrote:
"
Sanfear wrote:
Hi again!

I finally bought a budget items until i can sell my old equipment.

So far... im loving the build xD

Just one question. In POB, the level and quality of the gems are the correcto ones? why Barrage at lvl 1?

EDIT: Btw, what about no do maps?

TY!!

Hello! Happy to hear you are loving the playstyle.

In POB, the level and quality of the gems should be correct last time I checked.

The reason Barrage is at level 1 is because a higher level Barrage would increase the mana cost of the skill. Since most of our damage comes from our spells, increasing the gem level of Barrage would not increase our total damage by a lot in the grand scheme of things. Feel free to try it out at level 20 and see if you can spam your attack without losing mana. If you can, then you can keep it at level 20.

Otherwise, every other gem should be at max level 20 or even 21 if you can afford them. The most important gem purchases would be a level 21 Volatile Dead with 20% quality and a level 21 Precision. The level 21 VD is a significant boost to damage because spells gain most of their damage through levels. The level 21 Precision is important because they nerfed this gem last league or a few leagues ago and we need to get high accuracy and crit chance from this gem. We need to try to get our hit chance to at least >90% and crit chance as close to 100% as possible.

Under the con section in the guide, we cannot do elemental reflect maps and no regen maps would be difficult without a mana flask, so I would avoid those two map mods.

You can easy do "no regen maps" without a mana flask.
You can recover mana with Cinderswallow. :D
Last edited by AvatarVA on Apr 14, 2020, 5:55:06 AM

My current gear atm and pob https://pastebin.com/b8WCrRkJ buying cinder flask with crit today, just wondering what i should improve next ? i am busy trying to craft a better bow aswell as a quiver, but my crit chance feels low in maps sometimes :/

Last edited by ysocalm on Apr 14, 2020, 10:10:45 AM
Rerolled to your build today - its pretty big damage

Heres my stuff:

what about the idea to run circle of anguish with firedmg/reduced mana res. and additionally run flesh and stone (or aspect of the spooder) which grants crazy tankiness?
Last edited by Dethe2 on Apr 14, 2020, 12:17:05 PM
"
Dethe2 wrote:

Heres my stuff:

what about the idea to run circle of anguish with firedmg/reduced mana res. and additionally run flesh and stone (or aspect of the spooder) which grants crazy tankiness?

that is a nice bow sir, did you self craft ?
"
"
neoCrown wrote:
"
Sanfear wrote:
Hi again!

I finally bought a budget items until i can sell my old equipment.

So far... im loving the build xD

Just one question. In POB, the level and quality of the gems are the correcto ones? why Barrage at lvl 1?

EDIT: Btw, what about no do maps?

TY!!

Hello! Happy to hear you are loving the playstyle.

In POB, the level and quality of the gems should be correct last time I checked.

The reason Barrage is at level 1 is because a higher level Barrage would increase the mana cost of the skill. Since most of our damage comes from our spells, increasing the gem level of Barrage would not increase our total damage by a lot in the grand scheme of things. Feel free to try it out at level 20 and see if you can spam your attack without losing mana. If you can, then you can keep it at level 20.

Otherwise, every other gem should be at max level 20 or even 21 if you can afford them. The most important gem purchases would be a level 21 Volatile Dead with 20% quality and a level 21 Precision. The level 21 VD is a significant boost to damage because spells gain most of their damage through levels. The level 21 Precision is important because they nerfed this gem last league or a few leagues ago and we need to get high accuracy and crit chance from this gem. We need to try to get our hit chance to at least >90% and crit chance as close to 100% as possible.

Under the con section in the guide, we cannot do elemental reflect maps and no regen maps would be difficult without a mana flask, so I would avoid those two map mods.

You can easy do "no regen maps" without a mana flask.
You can recover mana with Cinderswallow. :D

Yeah in some cases it can work well but we might not be able to regain the Cinderswallow charges fast enough because we are not consuming any ignited corpses. You might have to respec out of the Cremator notable if you plan on relying on the Cinderswallow urn, especially in large maps.

Good suggestion still, possibly doable.
"
ysocalm wrote:

My current gear atm and pob https://pastebin.com/b8WCrRkJ buying cinder flask with crit today, just wondering what i should improve next ? i am busy trying to craft a better bow aswell as a quiver, but my crit chance feels low in maps sometimes :/

Nice set of gear. If your crit chance feels low as you are still underlevelled/have not acquired enough crit chance through the passive tree, try using an Increased Critical Strike Chance support gem in place of Combustion. However, your crit chance may appear low on POB because it does not take into account the Precise Retaliation notable. If you remove that node, our crit chance does not appear to drop or raise on POB but it is a big source of crit when you check in-game.

The best way to improve crit chance is to get a bow with a higher base (>7) but I would not upgrade until all the pieces are assembled.
"
Dethe2 wrote:

Heres my stuff:

I used a version with reduced mana reservation previously but would take some work to match the other damage mod on the Circle of Anguish ring.

With an anger/precision reduced mana reservation enchantment, it is certainly possible to fit in another aura but we are tight on gem slots. If you want to fit an aspect aura in, you can certainly do so and it will probably yield more damage but I find that the Spider Aspect will lag my computer out when I jump onto big packs when they have >2 spider webs on them.

If you have enough crit chance, you can swap out one of the medium cluster jewels for a curse variant with the Evil Eye and Master of Fear notable. This will boost the damage from 430k per ball to 470k which is quite huge.

There are many ways to play the build. I have tried a Zealotry version as well but I find this current setup to be the least intensive on my fps.

Love the idea though. Keep the build going!

Current gear atm and still improving thing here and there :D
Last edited by AvatarVA on Apr 14, 2020, 2:59:08 PM
"
ysocalm wrote:
"
Dethe2 wrote:

Heres my stuff:

that is a nice bow sir, did you self craft ?

luckily i sniped the "base item" (already had coc, pen and crit) for only 5 exalts multimodded and done :)

Also how the hell do you guys got the large cluster jewel, theres only one on poetrade rn

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info