[3.10] neoCrown's Assassin Bow CoC VD [All content cleared][Deathless Simulacrums/U-Elder/Sirus]

"
Irish_barber wrote:
Hey after i was sick of my BF Assasin, i got on your build so i start today to swap gear with 12ex budget

I guess i can improve it but its so much more fun, just relaxed gaming and i dont die on every fucking group of monsters

Great set of equipment you have there! Surprised you managed to gather and put those pieces together, considering I have had 30+ people start this build in the past week and sniping the essential items.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. The other fun aspect of the build is upgrading your items one by one and you can feel the growth with each investment.

VD enchant on helmet, Bottled Faith flask, frenzy on crit craft on the quiver, more life on all gear, Tailwind boots, Chaos resistance on gear, good Watcher's Eye, endgame bow, etc.

Good luck with the build!
Hi again!

I finally bought a budget items until i can sell my old equipment.

So far... im loving the build xD

Just one question. In POB, the level and quality of the gems are the correcto ones? why Barrage at lvl 1?

EDIT: Btw, what about no do maps?

TY!!
Last edited by Sanfear on Apr 13, 2020, 2:35:30 PM
"
Sanfear wrote:
Hi again!

Just one question. In POB, the level and quality of the gems are the correcto ones? why Barrage at lvl 1?

TY!!

Hello! Happy to hear you are loving the playstyle.

In POB, the level and quality of the gems should be correct last time I checked.

The reason Barrage is at level 1 is because a higher level Barrage would increase the mana cost of the skill. Since most of our damage comes from our spells, increasing the gem level of Barrage would not increase our total damage by a lot in the grand scheme of things. Feel free to try it out at level 20 and see if you can spam your attack without losing mana. If you can, then you can keep it at level 20.

Otherwise, every other gem should be at max level 20 or even 21 if you can afford them. The most important gem purchases would be a level 21 Volatile Dead with 20% quality and a level 21 Precision. The level 21 VD is a significant boost to damage because spells gain most of their damage through levels. The level 21 Precision is important because they nerfed this gem last league or a few leagues ago and we need to get high accuracy and crit chance from this gem. We need to try to get our hit chance to at least >90% and crit chance as close to 100% as possible.

Under the con section in the guide, we cannot do elemental reflect maps and no regen maps would be difficult without a mana flask, so I would avoid those two map mods.
"
neoCrown wrote:
"
Sanfear wrote:
Hi again!

TY!!

Hello! Happy to hear you are loving the playstyle.

In POB, the level and quality of the gems should be correct last time I checked.

The reason Barrage is at level 1 is because a higher level Barrage would increase the mana cost of the skill. Since most of our damage comes from our spells, increasing the gem level of Barrage would not increase our total damage by a lot in the grand scheme of things. Feel free to try it out at level 20 and see if you can spam your attack without losing mana. If you can, then you can keep it at level 20.

Otherwise, every other gem should be at max level 20 or even 21 if you can afford them. The most important gem purchases would be a level 21 Volatile Dead with 20% quality and a level 21 Precision. The level 21 VD is a significant boost to damage because spells gain most of their damage through levels. The level 21 Precision is important because they nerfed this gem last league or a few leagues ago and we need to get high accuracy and crit chance from this gem. We need to try to get our hit chance to at least >90% and crit chance as close to 100% as possible.

Under the con section in the guide, we cannot do elemental reflect maps and no regen maps would be difficult without a mana flask, so I would avoid those two map mods.

Yeah! i'm really enjoying it!

Understood. For now i'm not having mana issues. But, ill keep it in mind.

I bought a bunch of the gems. So, almost every one of them are high level. Not, precision, so ill look for one

I read the guide like 3/4 times and I just saw that the cons are at the begining... my apologies

TY!
Last edited by Sanfear on Apr 13, 2020, 4:23:18 PM
Hi,

Are you willing to share your thoughts about your build compared to a "classic" build with Shaper h2 sword and regular helm?

I have the following setup and I was wondering if I should switch everything around to your build or keep this one if the difference is not worth it

Last edited by Cry0nicS on Apr 13, 2020, 5:46:38 PM
Last edited by Sanfear on Apr 13, 2020, 9:10:55 PM
what should i aim for a start bow? doesnt have much currency to spend just something around 5ex
"
Cry0nicS wrote:
Hi,

Are you willing to share your thoughts about your build compared to a "classic" build with Shaper h2 sword and regular helm?

I have the following setup and I was wondering if I should switch everything around to your build or keep this one if the difference is not worth it

Hello. I generally tend to avoid making big sweeping changes once I am invested deep into a build. I will change if I feel that my build cannot progress further or it has reached its limit in terms of damage or stretching the defences.

The damage between the melee and ranged playstyle is comparably similar. I would consider changing once I have tried most things to make the build work. Any damage upgrades with Watcher's Eye mods to go for? Going for the max chaos resistance on gears? Tailwind boots? Squeezing in Divine Flesh into the build? There are some awesome cluster jewel combinations that I wish I could fit in like the curse cluster jewels with unnerve and culling strike mods.

As it is, your gear is superb and you even have the VD enchant on the helmet so I say stick with it unless you are facing a wall. In that case, make some upgrades or changes here and there.

Good luck with the build. 2-hand weapon characters look cool though.
When you say to level with ball lightning and arc, what do you mean? What are all the links?
"
gokudin wrote:
what should i aim for a start bow? doesnt have much currency to spend just something around 5ex

Hello! You can find the ideal bow mods in the guide section. I also showcase what bow I used when I first started.

With 5 ex, you can definitely grab a bow with the mod 'Socketed gems are supported by Level 20 Cast on Critical Strike' which is the bare minimum. Anything else on top of that is extra damage. Other mods you want on it are -

+1 to all socketed gems
Attack speed/double damage
Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Damage penetrates elemental resistances

You want one with minimum >7.00 base critical strike chance and somewhere between 1.2-1.6 attack speed on it.

I used this bow which costs roughly 15 chaos to 30 chaos.

I am not sure how linking a trade search will work here but this is an example, just look for ones with any of the mods mentioned above.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/aVayLvMfe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info