[3.10] SSF Hierophant Archmage Storm Brand | 2.3m+ Shaper DPS | League Starter | All Content

"
daimonxp wrote:
this build is cool but man if you get hit or stuck you are dead. I'm running the jewel and invested some in the build even running Cloak of Defiance. But I can't see this build taking on end game bosses. I put some currency towards it but get ripped in half in delirium which this was why I built it for to clear and go fast as possible. Any ideas how get more tanky? I mean I feel like a wet noodle and have to dodge everything if I get stuck and ganged up on dead.

Plus does soul tether work on bosses like conquer's sorry I'm just a bit frustrated really want this build to work out. I've been on a very tanky build and he's lvl 99 and need a change. Saw this looked promising but yeah maybe its the play style I dunno seems I get rekt.

Any help for more defense or anything or damage let me know I even bought awakened light pen gem for it.

Would you mind to share your current character PoB if you are playing this build? I don't have any issue doing all kind of end game bosses with this build, but I am playing shield version instead of using Pledge of Hand. If you want to be more tanky, you probably should not play the staff version as not using shield will lose out tons of tankiness.
"
007noctis wrote:
Thought I would post a quick update about my Pledge of Hands SSF HC variant:

A5 Sirus killed on a 5 link with 2 fevered mind jewels; it was a very dangerous fight however as DPS was a far cry from what it needed to be. I would not recommend doing with such limited equipment. As with any HC build, the game is substantially more dangerous with low DPS as fights simply last longer than needed.

After 4000-ish fusings (lots of wharfs...), finally got 6 link, and 4x fevered minds. POB is telling me I'm over 5M shaper DPS with two brands, and it does feel like it. Not bad at all for SSF HC.

Here's my current POB: https://pastebin.com/bF2fg7WT

Tankiness is decent, 9.5k pool with ES (soul tether), fort and 4x end chrg. My next upgrade is figuring out how to get better life rolls on my gear without messing up my Wise Oak setup... wish me luck!

For those trying this out for SSF HC for the first time, it is crucial to understand how the AI will chase you, and kite-pull them as needed. Storm Brand is amazing for maintaining 100% dps while kiting.

Cheers,
007noctis

Glad your build worked out well. IMO, anything with more than 2mil consistent dps is more than enough to do all end game bosses provided you don't stand still and take all the damage to face. After checking your PoB, you seems to have only 8.1k effective hp pool (without considering arcane cloak), any damage higher than that will one shot you if you are not careful. Perhaps you want to consider crafting gain life as extra es on chest instead of life + mana, it should give you more ehp. Anyway, all the best for you!
Hello,

I see lots of people use Atziri's Foible and Voidbringer. is there a reason why you don't recommend them?

Thanks
"
jitkang wrote:
"
daimonxp wrote:
this build is cool but man if you get hit or stuck you are dead. I'm running the jewel and invested some in the build even running Cloak of Defiance. But I can't see this build taking on end game bosses. I put some currency towards it but get ripped in half in delirium which this was why I built it for to clear and go fast as possible. Any ideas how get more tanky? I mean I feel like a wet noodle and have to dodge everything if I get stuck and ganged up on dead.

Plus does soul tether work on bosses like conquer's sorry I'm just a bit frustrated really want this build to work out. I've been on a very tanky build and he's lvl 99 and need a change. Saw this looked promising but yeah maybe its the play style I dunno seems I get rekt.

Any help for more defense or anything or damage let me know I even bought awakened light pen gem for it.

Would you mind to share your current character PoB if you are playing this build? I don't have any issue doing all kind of end game bosses with this build, but I am playing shield version instead of using Pledge of Hand. If you want to be more tanky, you probably should not play the staff version as not using shield will lose out tons of tankiness.

np, you can take staff nodes for more block, I also saw a on poe.ninja taking those same ones much higher level then me, but basically what it is. Also is pob fork showing ALL DPS or is the per-Brand? Like you double it? https://pastebin.com/DbL9WfNP
Last edited by daimonxp on Apr 25, 2020, 12:14:18 PM
"
Hello,

I see lots of people use Atziri's Foible and Voidbringer. is there a reason why you don't recommend them?

Thanks

They are cheap unique for the build, but I don't recommend using them in long run because these items don't give life and resistance, but if you are playing ES version (aka ivory tower, voidbringer is a decent glove. We don't really need a lot of mana regen, so Atziri foible is a waste other than giving more mana.
"
daimonxp wrote:
np, you can take staff nodes for more block, I also saw a on poe.ninja taking those same ones much higher level then me, but basically what it is. Also is pob fork showing ALL DPS or is the per-Brand? Like you double it? https://pastebin.com/DbL9WfNP

I don't see much issue with your build, but there are probably few changes that would help you survive better. You might want to consider using soul tether belt if you have one as the sustain is just crazy. Perhaps you can use a large cluster jewel and refund the socket above Runesmith. Staff version won't feels as tanky as the shield version because it is missing out hp/mana/es gained on block. You might want to allocate some point to get Endurance node near templar area and use enduring cry to maintain 4 endurance charge for more physical mitigation.
"
jitkang wrote:
"
daimonxp wrote:

I don't see much issue with your build, but there are probably few changes that would help you survive better. You might want to consider using soul tether belt if you have one as the sustain is just crazy. Perhaps you can use a large cluster jewel and refund the socket above Runesmith. Staff version won't feels as tanky as the shield version because it is missing out hp/mana/es gained on block. You might want to allocate some point to get Endurance node near templar area and use enduring cry to maintain 4 endurance charge for more physical mitigation.

I would take soul tether but it's not a option with staff and I want to use staff for the dps, bcause with out staff version it feels like crap. But the belt gives me resist, life and mana. So there is no option in giving up my belt since I need the resist, and chaos resist on it. Or I would take soul tether no about. I can't figure a way of changing the build over to use soul tether. I know probably say shield but I don't like shield version of the build and much lower dps. Also in pob fork is that per brand dps wise? or is pob fork edtion showing all dps? It use to be you calculate the dps x2 since 2 attached storm brands. But I know pob fork shows everything just not sure if its per brand or not.
"
daimonxp wrote:
I would take soul tether but it's not a option with staff and I want to use staff for the dps, bcause with out staff version it feels like crap. But the belt gives me resist, life and mana. So there is no option in giving up my belt since I need the resist, and chaos resist on it. Or I would take soul tether no about. I can't figure a way of changing the build over to use soul tether. I know probably say shield but I don't like shield version of the build and much lower dps. Also in pob fork is that per brand dps wise? or is pob fork edtion showing all dps? It use to be you calculate the dps x2 since 2 attached storm brands. But I know pob fork shows everything just not sure if its per brand or not.

If you need resists from the belt, you might want to consider swapping the chest to a rare chest with life/mana/resists and use soul tether instead, soul tether is way better than cloak of defiance in term of sustain.

Also, the damage show in PoB is per brand dps, so the final dps is double the total dps in PoB. 2 attached storm brands is there to trigger the bonus damage for some passive.
"
jitkang wrote:
"
007noctis wrote:
Thought I would post a quick update about my Pledge of Hands SSF HC variant:

A5 Sirus killed on a 5 link with 2 fevered mind jewels; it was a very dangerous fight however as DPS was a far cry from what it needed to be. I would not recommend doing with such limited equipment. As with any HC build, the game is substantially more dangerous with low DPS as fights simply last longer than needed.

After 4000-ish fusings (lots of wharfs...), finally got 6 link, and 4x fevered minds. POB is telling me I'm over 5M shaper DPS with two brands, and it does feel like it. Not bad at all for SSF HC.

Here's my current POB: https://pastebin.com/bF2fg7WT

Tankiness is decent, 9.5k pool with ES (soul tether), fort and 4x end chrg. My next upgrade is figuring out how to get better life rolls on my gear without messing up my Wise Oak setup... wish me luck!

For those trying this out for SSF HC for the first time, it is crucial to understand how the AI will chase you, and kite-pull them as needed. Storm Brand is amazing for maintaining 100% dps while kiting.

Cheers,
007noctis

Glad your build worked out well. IMO, anything with more than 2mil consistent dps is more than enough to do all end game bosses provided you don't stand still and take all the damage to face. After checking your PoB, you seems to have only 8.1k effective hp pool (without considering arcane cloak), any damage higher than that will one shot you if you are not careful. Perhaps you want to consider crafting gain life as extra es on chest instead of life + mana, it should give you more ehp. Anyway, all the best for you!

I don't think you're calculating 40% MoM properly. I'm at 8.5k from life/mana only, so 9.4k with ES. ES chest ain't a bad recommendation, I'll runs ome numbers and see what works out better!

Cheers,
007noctis
quick dumb question anyone know and tested that cloak of defiance is giving you MoM? I know it says it on chest and PoB calc but curious if anyone has actually tested it. Since I'm using it atm.
I know the wiki says it does but its wierd to see ppl lvl 100 templars with it and taking MoM keystone too. I'm like why are you wasting a point if the chest says Mind of Matter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info