3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
rageface1355 wrote:

How is it a waste of notables?
if you have 94-95% impale then you remove impale from your 6link and add empower. (if you happen to upgrade past cold iron(bow/quiver/2h weapon with skills this also raises the empower significantly better as well.)
You could even at that point play around with removing brutality see if theres some good elly dmg or chaos unholy might things you can try then.

I'm wondering the same thing. If you get third Rotten Claws, you either are getting

A) Megalomaniac: needs four passive points and replaces your golem jewel. In this case you save as much passive points as you can, but you lose damage. But you could get some nice other notables from Megalomaniac as well.

B) Third large cluster jewel: takes around 9 passive points to get to the jewel and pick two notables and two jewel sockets (if you roll the jewel correctly so your most useless passive is in the middle). Or 11 Passives if you want to get third notable. Two jewels means nice damage boost via golem jewels. The other notable could be Feasting Fiends, which means that you can take Renewal + Vicious bite on the other two cluster jewels (along with Rotten Claws).

But everything has an opportunity cost. If I get some inspiration, I could whip up POB and see what's what.
I was finally able to get my links in order so I could use vulnerablity and punishment as an aura to be mega lazy and only have to cast flesh offering if I was feeling up to it.

My rings are just about the only thing that need improvement but it was an easy source for resists. But this setup needs a vertex for the lvl 5 Enlighten and the links need to be set appropriatly so you can still use whirling blades and cast flesh offering. Most of my gems just hit lvl 20 so they are low with max quality.. and I was still able to afk through high tier blighted maps. super fun. Crazy that I only have 3.7k life... But I havent died since I hit lvl 90 lol.

Build is mega fun. Ty.
My PoB: https://pastebin.com/t2sXeRmh

So I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I was wondering if Carrion and Stone golem count as one or two golem types (one type as in they are both physical, two as in they are literally two different golem names).

I notice in your PoB when looking at Calculations for Stone Golem "MH Total Increased" %, it only includes 3 golem types. But in my PoB in includes four, counting Carrion.

I guess my main question is whether or not it makes sense to run 6-1-1-1 as opposed to 7-1-1?

Super fun build btw! :D
"
rageface1355 wrote:

if you have 94-95% impale then you remove impale from your 6link and add empower. (if you happen to upgrade past cold iron(bow/quiver/2h weapon with skills this also raises the empower significantly better as well.)
You could even at that point play around with removing brutality see if theres some good elly dmg or chaos unholy might things you can try then.

Empower is less damage then Impale Support, unless it's socketed in a Weapon with +2 Support Gems, but even then, it's not that much for the investment. Add you can get way more damage and defense by using those skill points to stack Medium Cluster jewels with Renewal + Dread March (for zombies, spectres, AG, etc.) + any other usefull stats, instead of pathing to a 3rd Large Cluster jewel. And 4x Medium Cluster jewel with those stats are way cheaper then a single Large Cluter jewel, just sayin lol.

And Cold Iron points are just too good for the price anyway (20c vs 7ex-12ex). The weapon is like the last thing that worth upgrading, unless you want to raise your life and chaos res with a quiver, if you ask me.

From what I've tested so far, full phys has the highest damage output, if you drop Brutality, then you loose a big chunk of damage.
Last edited by bigtoaster64 on Jul 29, 2020, 10:54:05 AM
"
wasaki101 wrote:

So I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I was wondering if Carrion and Stone golem count as one or two golem types (one type as in they are both physical, two as in they are literally two different golem names).

I notice in your PoB when looking at Calculations for Stone Golem "MH Total Increased" %, it only includes 3 golem types. But in my PoB in includes four, counting Carrion.

I guess my main question is whether or not it makes sense to run 6-1-1-1 as opposed to 7-1-1?

Different names = Different types. So 1x Carrion + 1x Stone means you have to type of golem summoned.

Early, when you don't have much damage/currency, it's easier and cheaper to run 6-1-1-1 cause it's free damage and life regen for your golems, thanks to Primordial Harmony jewels.
But, once you got some damage and more jewels and etc. running 7-1-1 is more optimal.

But, if you run Carrion Golems, you definitly want to change Primordial Chain for a +1 all Int gems and +1 all Phys gems amulet, like right now lol. Seriously, it's a big damage boost. You run 3-4 Spectres, 8-9 zombies, AG is you want, 1x Stone, 1x Chaos, 4x Carrion.
You can even litterally drop Primordial Chain and not wear anything and get more damage out of those 4 Carrion Golems..., no joke lol.
OK, went back and bought a dread banner enchant base. Didn't expect to hit +3 level and 20 minion life so soon, so the quality is off, but other than that, this is my perfect helm.

"
Wermine wrote:
"
rageface1355 wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing. If you get third Rotten Claws, you either are getting

A) Megalomaniac: needs four passive points and replaces your golem jewel. In this case you save as much passive points as you can, but you lose damage. But you could get some nice other notables from Megalomaniac as well.

B) Third large cluster jewel: takes around 9 passive points to get to the jewel and pick two notables and two jewel sockets (if you roll the jewel correctly so your most useless passive is in the middle). Or 11 Passives if you want to get third notable. Two jewels means nice damage boost via golem jewels. The other notable could be Feasting Fiends, which means that you can take Renewal + Vicious bite on the other two cluster jewels (along with Rotten Claws).

But everything has an opportunity cost. If I get some inspiration, I could whip up POB and see what's what.

You guys are forgetting an important aspect of impale support. It provides a large amount of impale effectiveness that rotten claws does not. Add in the fact you're essentially "wasting" passive points by needing 2 extra rotten claws and it becomes clear why it's a stand-in for the 6L.

"
wasaki101 wrote:

7-1-1 would be 3 golem types. If it's a different name it's a different golem.
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Jul 30, 2020, 1:11:33 AM
What to upgrade next?

I'm thinking another white socket so I can use Stone Golems for better single target (my current single target dps is o-k. My clearspeed is nice tho)

Or I can 20% the rest of my gems and try to get a 21/20 Carrion.

Or, I can try and craft another rotten claws cluster, drop impale and use empower.

Spoiler

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
What to upgrade next?

I'm thinking another white socket so I can use Stone Golems for better single target (my current single target dps is o-k. My clearspeed is nice tho)

Or I can 20% the rest of my gems and try to get a 21/20 Carrion.

Or, I can try and craft another rotten claws cluster, drop impale and use empower.

Spoiler

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

How is your survivabiity? You should switch to Divine Flesh, and get chaos res on all your rares. Also, you should not use Forbidden Taste until you do not have Divine Flesh. Get a basalt flask instead.
"
rageface1355 wrote:

You won't gain enough DPS with empower whilst on 2 cold iron points, empower is best reserved for crafted weapon with +1 gems and +2 support gems.

If you want to replace impale whilst on cold iron points by getting rotten claws x3 and dread banner+generosity I suggest using other gems such as Damage on Full Life or Deathmark. Your Carrions should always be on full life due to jewels + renewal so its basically similar to minion damage support.

When I went triple rotten claws + dread banner + generosity using damage on full life gave me another 9% more DPS versus impale support. I did have woke brutality too tho (so I didn't need the phys reduction penetration from impale).
Last edited by Drakoturt on Jul 30, 2020, 10:25:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info