Evolving Path of Exile's Renderer

pog
Talk is good, but it's all irrelevant if we can't play in a full party. In the end, that's what matters, not what some random water flow looks like.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Thanks, that one was great. Tied with Erik's building the world one for my favorite. Tell him to make a retro-vision filter.

P.S.
Spoiler
Check out my Youtube channel.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
When will you allow for more graphic options to be available? Or at the very least could you allow Shadows to be completely deactivated as it used to be before DX11 was forced upon us all?

I mean, I don't have the greatest PC ever, but I cannot believe that every time an Intervention encounter happens, a Legion Monolith is clicked or a lot of action happens at the same time on screen, the game freezes,/drops FPS. Hell, even the fact that disabling sound effects improves the amount of FPS on the game is proof enough that this issue should be addressed.
"
AlexGrindor wrote:
When will you allow for more graphic options to be available? Or at the very least could you allow Shadows to be completely deactivated as it used to be before DX11 was forced upon us all?

I mean, I don't have the greatest PC ever, but I cannot believe that every time an Intervention encounter happens, a Legion Monolith is clicked or a lot of action happens at the same time on screen, the game freezes,/drops FPS. Hell, even the fact that disabling sound effects improves the amount of FPS on the game is proof enough that this issue should be addressed.

They are worried more about what a water shader looks like than actual performance issues affecting gameplay. It's sad, but it's the reality we live in, and have been experiencing since 2014. Devolving is the correct word here, that's for sure.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Imagine being able to disable fucking SHADOWS in 2020. Now that would be great. Performance sucks even harder this league
"
AlexGrindor wrote:
Hell, even the fact that disabling sound effects improves the amount of FPS on the game is proof enough that this issue should be addressed.

The fact that everything you said is a thing is proof you have absolutely no clue what you're saying. Worse graphics wouldn't help any that.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
I would take green carpet with nice stable fps over anything you are working on tbh.
"
"
AlexGrindor wrote:
Hell, even the fact that disabling sound effects improves the amount of FPS on the game is proof enough that this issue should be addressed.

The fact that everything you said is a thing is proof you have absolutely no clue what you're saying. Worse graphics wouldn't help any that.

Tons of posts on reddit and the forums saying if they disable sound effects (through config, not in-game) it increases performance tenfold

Last edited by girng on Apr 6, 2020, 9:24:50 PM
Well, a nice video. Total proof that devs don't play their game. They would instead have noticed how obvious their technical choices are wrong since years (on graphics, sounds, servers dependance, IA and last but not least QUALITY OF LIFE DAMNIT).

Total proof either that they don't want and CAN'T (with that "thing" they call a forum) listen to their customers. Well, that happened to Blibli also, with the outcome we all know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info