[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

Hello again!
So I spent all my "gold" trying to recreate your build, I like how its working out, but it feels like something is missing. Also I got myself a Shavronnes wrappings cus I was unsure of how your build dosn't bypass chaos damage, and I think thats the main reason I am stack on 7k ES.
Please take a look at my PoB and tell me what you see can improve or be changed
(also why do you take Inner conviction over Pain Attunement? isn't 30% spell dmg% better than 21%? if you only have 7 power charges)

PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/iyKBThZQ
"
Slaxx1995 wrote:
Hello again!
So I spent all my "gold" trying to recreate your build, I like how its working out, but it feels like something is missing. Also I got myself a Shavronnes wrappings cus I was unsure of how your build dosn't bypass chaos damage, and I think thats the main reason I am stack on 7k ES.
Please take a look at my PoB and tell me what you see can improve or be changed
(also why do you take Inner conviction over Pain Attunement? isn't 30% spell dmg% better than 21%? if you only have 7 power charges)

PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/iyKBThZQ

"Chaos inoculation" in your passive tree - we are immune to chaos damage (this is why you don't need Shavronnes wrappings) but our life become 1-this is why we can not use Pain Attunement (even if it is only 1 life it is full amount of our life and doesn`t count as a "low life")

1. Replace armor with 700+ es rare one (big es boost)

2. You have to much attack speed (8.28) or too low cooldown reduction (35%). Either lower you attack speed to 7.56 or get 52%+ cooldown reduction

3. Change anointment on your amulet to Tranquility

4. Without "Wrath has 15% reduced Mana Reservation" on your helmet you can not run all 3 auras (zealotry, discipline and wrath). Or can you? (somehow :D )
Last edited by Rivot on Apr 6, 2020, 3:33:25 PM
1. Thanks thats gonna be a big upgrade

2. I'll change the enchant on amulet and a jewel to get that 21% more spell dmg. But I should have 52% CD reduction, got the gem, 15 on boots and 20 on belt?
When I make the change I'll loose 31% ekstra attack spped, will that be too much?

4. I am running all 3 auras, I took the two % reduction to mana reserve though

Thanks for your help btw :)
Ohh .. i thought this enchant is necessary to run all 3 auras even with those nodes ;D

@N0esy

So what is the real benefit of this aura? Isn`t it better to go with ball lightning enchant ?
Last edited by Rivot on Apr 6, 2020, 4:13:58 PM
Nothing was optimized before I wrote the guide, so please don't blame me :)
Jokes aside, I think 40% damage and 15% reduced mana reservation enchants are close.
If you take 40% damage, you have to "waste" 2 passive points for 8% reduced mana reservation.
On the other hand, if you take the reduced mana reservation enchant, you only spend 1 passive point for 6% increased effect of aura. This node increase your ES and damage slightly, so I think it's worth 2/3 points (1/3 for damage, 1/3 for ES). Thus, you waste only 1/3 points here.

Thus, the question is if you want to spend 1 + 2/3 points for 40% increased damage. I think the answer is no, because it's slightly less efficient.

In addition, when you get 52% CDR, you might want to use cluster jewels to increase your attack speed. In this scenario, 1 passive point you saved by using the enchant might be important.

Another important factor is that the mana reservation enchants are much cheaper than 40% lightning damage one.

By the way, I just crafted this beauty. I'll use it when I get 52% CDR. T1 AS, T1 crit and +1 lightning.

I spent like 50 ex on this one but I'm very happy with this outcome.

On the other hand, wthout those two nodes i have only 34 mana left which means i can not cast flame dash 2 times in a row immediately and with cyclone spinning the gap is even longer... i see some issues with Sirus during his last phase because of that :/
Last edited by Rivot on Apr 6, 2020, 5:14:38 PM
Please @N0esy I need some of that beautiful insight of yours. I need to change chest I know that now, but am I not hitting 52% cdr? shouldn't I be getting more attack speed instead of loosing some?
Also, I am not quite sure if I am 100% crit capped :/
"
N0esy wrote:
Nothing was optimized before I wrote the guide, so please don't blame me :)
Jokes aside, I think 40% damage and 15% reduced mana reservation enchants are close.
If you take 40% damage, you have to "waste" 2 passive points for 8% reduced mana reservation.
On the other hand, if you take the reduced mana reservation enchant, you only spend 1 passive point for 6% increased effect of aura. This node increase your ES and damage slightly, so I think it's worth 2/3 points (1/3 for damage, 1/3 for ES). Thus, you waste only 1/3 points here.

Thus, the question is if you want to spend 1 + 2/3 points for 40% increased damage. I think the answer is no, because it's slightly less efficient.

In addition, when you get 52% CDR, you might want to use cluster jewels to increase your attack speed. In this scenario, 1 passive point you saved by using the enchant might be important.

Another important factor is that the mana reservation enchants are much cheaper than 40% lightning damage one.

By the way, I just crafted this beauty. I'll use it when I get 52% CDR. T1 AS, T1 crit and +1 lightning.

I spent like 50 ex on this one but I'm very happy with this outcome.

Yeah man that Scepter is sick, grats!

IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Slaxx1995 wrote:
Please @N0esy I need some of that beautiful insight of yours. I need to change chest I know that now, but am I not hitting 52% cdr? shouldn't I be getting more attack speed instead of loosing some?
Also, I am not quite sure if I am 100% crit capped :/

i missed your cooldown reduction from awakened gem so your CDR is fine and you can keep improving your attack speed :)
Thanks you for all the help, I'll try to improve the build ^^
Really like it btw!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info