[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

This version of build is not updated. You need to drop spellslinger with arc - just BL and WoC.
Just realized I paid no heed to CDR and only have awakened CoC nothing else. I gotta think I been killing my DPS for ages then yeah???
"
DixonBush wrote:
Just realized I paid no heed to CDR and only have awakened CoC nothing else. I gotta think I been killing my DPS for ages then yeah???

Awakened CoC alone is enough for the first breakpoint from lvl 3 onwards, so you're fine as long as your APS wasn't higher than 7.56. Was it?
Thoughts on this build using the new Inquisitor?

Was thinking about putting something similar together, maybe even with Mjolner since Inquisitor can easily reach 500+ str + int, should have decent % crit chance but not sure. Seems like it would be viable for CoC but unsure if it's worth using over Assassin or Ascendant.

You wouldn't be able to build max block as easy as Ascendant, but with the new life regen -> ES regen you could go hybrid and have massive regen... possibly even utilize both Life on Hit & ES on Hit simultaneously with Glorious Vanity - Corrupted Soul.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
ttps://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jan 21, 2021, 4:47:34 PM
-
Last edited by Loratus on Jan 30, 2021, 8:12:55 AM
"
KooperT wrote:
Thoughts on this build using the new Inquisitor?

Was thinking about putting something similar together, maybe even with Mjolner since Inquisitor can easily reach 500+ str + int, should have decent % crit chance but not sure. Seems like it would be viable for CoC but unsure if it's worth using over Assassin or Ascendant.

You wouldn't be able to build max block as easy as Ascendant, but with the new life regen -> ES regen you could go hybrid and have massive regen... possibly even utilize both Life on Hit & ES on Hit simultaneously with Glorious Vanity - Corrupted Soul.


I think assassin version is easy enough to build max block (I have been doing so since harvest to take advantage of es on block shield). Can still hit 10-15M DPS, 9k+ es, with capped block - either using glancing blows without Rumi's, or speccing all block nodes on the tree and using Rumi's.
I just got lvl 67 now.

Got 9 exalts and some 500 Chaos to spend (triple that if i decide to wreck my former char but let's see how i feel about cyclone since the speed nerfs to assa).
I figure I first get some basic ES gear to go CI and switch to actually playing the build or is there something i really should get to have it rolling good? (Got the Jewels aside from Watchers Eye).
Last edited by aDoreMe on Feb 2, 2021, 7:35:52 PM
Got the watchers eye now and it obviously helps tremendously (lvl 73 now and uberlab done).

Some priority list of which gearmods... aside from high ES... would be really appreciated. I guess a weapon with hits can't be evaded is by far the most important ting for this build?
"
aDoreMe wrote:
Got the watchers eye now and it obviously helps tremendously (lvl 73 now and uberlab done).

Some priority list of which gearmods... aside from high ES... would be really appreciated. I guess a weapon with hits can't be evaded is by far the most important ting for this build?


It looks like you're on a budget. But getting 100% hit chance is a huge priority. You can search for one-handed melee weapons with "vagan's veiled" + "increased critical strike chance" for a cheap shot at a "hits can't be evaded" weapon. It isn't guaranteed, but much cheaper to buy a few for 5-10c each, than pay 3ex for the "hits can't be evaded" craft. You don't want to have to use that craft until you have a sceptre that's worth using it on!

Get a 6-link... looks like you are on a budget but a 6L non-corrupted vaal regalia is only 20c, and an ilvl 100 6-white socket is still only 50c (!!). Throw a few dense fossils at it and you'll be set.

Mark of the shaper ring is a huge DPS boost. You also need an elder ring on your other hand, get whatever stats you like on it as long as it's elder. You can fix the resists you'll lose on rings on a new belt. Ideally you want a crystal belt with 14%+ cooldown recovery (~1.5ex), but there are cheaper non-crystal belt options available on trade.

Movement speed on boots is going to feel WAY better for cyclone... you must move so slow right now... when/if you go CI you can always grab some sin treks to start.

Getting stats on your amulet will help you swap your other gear easier. I usually try to find a turquoise amulet with 40-50 flat dex on it and whatever other stats I need (usually ES, ES%, resists).
"
efun wrote:
"
aDoreMe wrote:
Got the watchers eye now and it obviously helps tremendously (lvl 73 now and uberlab done).

Some priority list of which gearmods... aside from high ES... would be really appreciated. I guess a weapon with hits can't be evaded is by far the most important ting for this build?


It looks like you're on a budget. But getting 100% hit chance is a huge priority. You can search for one-handed melee weapons with "vagan's veiled" + "increased critical strike chance" for a cheap shot at a "hits can't be evaded" weapon. It isn't guaranteed, but much cheaper to buy a few for 5-10c each, than pay 3ex for the "hits can't be evaded" craft. You don't want to have to use that craft until you have a sceptre that's worth using it on!

Get a 6-link... looks like you are on a budget but a 6L non-corrupted vaal regalia is only 20c, and an ilvl 100 6-white socket is still only 50c (!!). Throw a few dense fossils at it and you'll be set.

Mark of the shaper ring is a huge DPS boost. You also need an elder ring on your other hand, get whatever stats you like on it as long as it's elder. You can fix the resists you'll lose on rings on a new belt. Ideally you want a crystal belt with 14%+ cooldown recovery (~1.5ex), but there are cheaper non-crystal belt options available on trade.

Movement speed on boots is going to feel WAY better for cyclone... you must move so slow right now... when/if you go CI you can always grab some sin treks to start.

Getting stats on your amulet will help you swap your other gear easier. I usually try to find a turquoise amulet with 40-50 flat dex on it and whatever other stats I need (usually ES, ES%, resists).


I was looking at your sceptre and I don't understand...you have 2 crafted mods ...but you don't have the multiple craft one....how is that possible ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info