[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
Aciuffka wrote:
https://pastebin.com/Q4bJ6sLb
So I did some upgrades, poured like 30 ex in the build got 14% cdr and enough AS for it, sitting on 8k es but my damage doesnt feel really great, my pob is like 50k avg damage and feels kinda clumsy, what can I upgrade? I know about bottled faith and awakened curse on hit but the flask is currently out of my reach and I dont think 2 curses will help a lot with dmg. Looking forward for help <3 But yea I really like that build very good tank haha

Your PoB is missing a bunch of stuff (cast on crit jewel which gives 38% more damage, your auras aren't even on there)... did you import your build using Import/Export build in PoB? There's an option to import directly from your PoE account. I did that and you're at about 100k damage per hit with all buffs up (vaal RF, unnerve, lightning exposure, enemy in chilling area), which should be about 3-4M DPS, conservatively: https://pastebin.com/3i4hqLnV

Ball lightning DPS depends on how far away from the enemy you are, because the longer the balls fly over the enemy the more time they have to do damage. You should always try to attack from as far as possible away, hitting bosses with the edge of your cyclone. That 3-4M DPS would only be 1-2M DPS if you were sitting directly on top of the boss, or maybe even 5-6M DPS if you're attacking from the very edge of your cyclone.

Effects like chilling area, lightning exposure, unnerve, popping vaal RF, will add a ton of damage too. Make sure you're applying vortexes over bosses. If you're fighting bosses, try to take a couple autoattacks to proc your cast when damage taken effects (wave of conviction and blade blast).

If your flasks aren't up your DPS will suffer a lot too, especially diamond flask (missing CoC procs) and silver flask (less aps).

To boost DPS other than the playstyle tips above, you could swap the heart of thunder wheel for a large lightning cluster (in heist I used an 8 passives with prismatic heart, storm drinker, and widespread destruction). Plus this will give you an extra jewel socket for ES + crit multi + whatever else you need. Also level 21 cyclone can boost DPS since it adds an extra stage to cyclone (= greater AoE = more DPS from ball lightning since it can fly further).
https://pastebin.com/kUZewxxQ
Shaper and elder done deathless. First time doing them in my life. I feel like Im pretty much done with upgrading my gear only left to do is awakened lvl 5 curse on hit but still missing out like 10 ex. I really recommend this build feels really good with 14% cdr but when u get to 52% its totally different live haha
Hi Noesty, i hope you upd this build for 3.13, hope GGG give us little buff, and harvest back.
Its my favorite buils since delirium =D
"
6neji6 wrote:
Hi Noesty, i hope you upd this build for 3.13, hope GGG give us little buff, and harvest back.

At the moment, I'll most likely update the guide for the ascendant version since it is stronger than the assassin version imo. Of course, I may change my mind after reading patch notes.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
6neji6 wrote:

At the moment, I'll most likely update the guide for the ascendant version since it is stronger than the assassin version imo. Of course, I may change my mind after reading patch notes.

Thanks for your effort, waiting for an update!
"
N0esy wrote:
"
6neji6 wrote:

While leveling my Heist Ascendant aurastacker in Heist, I used my Assassin gear to level from 80-something to lvl 95 as Assassin-Inquisitor. I was shocked to discover that my DPS at lvl 95 was the same as my Assassin at lvl 100. So I fully welcome this approach based on experimental observation, assuming no major nerfs to Ascendant.

As it seems, Assassin-Inqusitor Ascendant is getting a minor DPS nerf due to the loss of 30% crit multi (5.4% DPS lost for me):

Should still be quite viable.

Man I keep getting back to this build, like to an old girlfriend or something ;)
What about this build in 3.13?
Waiting for an update!
If you will create scion build - pls link it here.

Thanks beforehand.
"
EvilsToy wrote:
Waiting for an update!
If you will create scion build - pls link it here.

Thanks beforehand.

Scion guide is up and running for a while already, you can find it here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2986151

"
johnny_ko wrote:
What about this build in 3.13?

There are some nerfs but it’s mostly via ascendency. We will have to come up with some attack speed sources even for lowest cooldown bracket, movement got a bit of a nerf but it’s not THAT horrible (there is a breakdown of move speed nerf in Kamis IceNova guide in last couple of pages). I will try to work on updating my POB tonight based on my version of this build just to get a rough idea what I need to get this build up and running properly in 3.13, I will prolly post it here for science. My gear is pretty decent, I implanted arcane surge to the build, dual curse with awa hex touch, Vaal RF and so on some time ago, stun immunity via flask + boot enchant, till this patch I was face rolling every aspect of this game.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
for the spellslinger build

level 31
Complete the quest "A Fixture of Fate" in the Library and buy slower projectiles and innervate gems. Your gem setup is the following:
spellslinger - ball lightning - slower projectiles - elemental focus
spellslinger - arc - controlled destruction - innervate
spellslinger - wave of conviction - physical to lightning
frenzy

how do you have mana for all that, thats about 120% reserved mana

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info