[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

So this is the current gear of my char, these weapons are literally 10c weapons each and i'm atm coloring my helmet :)

I die quite easily and i feel my damage is kind of lacking when it comes to conqs in T14-T16 maps :)

I saw akane is able to literally stand still in simulacrum not die and just spam mines i'd love to be able to do that :)
Last edited by SkeptaInterlude on Apr 20, 2020, 6:11:21 PM
"

So this is the current gear of my char, these weapons are literally 10c weapons each and i'm atm coloring my helmet :)

I die quite easily and i feel my damage is kind of lacking when it comes to conqs in T14-T16 maps :)

I saw akane is able to literally stand still in simulacrum not die and just spam mines i'd love to be able to do that :)

It comes down to mostly your recovery rate on the cluster jewels.
By using a watcher's eye with the clarity damage taken as mana and bunch Numbling Elixir and Liquid Inspiration, you will be able to have a recovery rate so high that you can able to facetank shaper beam.

You might need to look for a different belt with Increase effect of flask, they are very important on your recovery rate.

According to your gear, you are lacking on some damage support gems like bear trap and righteous fire, you will need those to increase your dps. Arcane cloak is also very important on your dps so make sure to use it often and have it leveled. Sometimes you will need to open Normal RF, not vaal RF.

Akane's build is kinda min maxed, so you would be expecting to have some insane gear in order to do that (talking like double corrupted cloak of defiance, arcane cloak enchantment helmet, bottled faith and etc)

I am not sure what is your level and your tree looks like, but you do face some issues which has been asked on above, look for references on previous comments and you would be able to find some info that you will need to improve your build
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Amazing build. After starting with an incinerate build this seems like a total different game. I have switched to akane's build version as well after hitting red maps tho. Scintilating ideea and disorienting display from the large jewel plus the 25% more mana, and an extra 8% damage taken from mana before life from the ascendancy made a real difference in survivability against big hits. Disorienting display gives blind as well. Kept some crit nodes and hopefully when i level up some 4 more levels i'll get two extra jewels for dmg. Thinking about dropping raider and going for saboteur - hiero combination and taking out disorienting display for some other ele dmg node.
I have never played Scion or a mana build before, and I'm only just beginning to transition into the gear for the build, but wow, this is a blast! :D

Honestly the most fun build I've played in a few years.

I'm leveling in the mid-80s in hardcore right now. Saving up for a 6L cloak of defiance. Even just using Indigon + Militant Faith with all the flask nodes and high mana pool is already working really well in yellow maps. Looking forward to seeing this build really start to shine when I finish gearing up.

As you can see I'm using whirling blades to apply fortify instead of vigilant strike. While I lose the "cannot be evaded" benefit, it makes the fortify method feel a lot smoother/safer to me.

There were no Liquid Inspiration cluster jewels for sale in HC so I fossil crafted one to get me started. Took 11 attempts with lucent fossils to get Liquid Inspiration + Numbing elixir, and had to hit it with an exalt to add the jewel socket.

Thanks for the write up of this build, great work, had a lot of fun playing this so far :)

Did 36/40 with it without any issues even though im lacking certain things like Unnatural Instinct, Bottled Faith and 10% clarity watchers etc.

I now would like to go about farming Simulacrum Splinters and would appreciate if you could give hints on what to change for better Clearspeed. So far I switched out SP for GMP and am trying to acquire an explody mace.
Is it normal that you're pretty much insta dead when you forget Arcane Cloak?

I think I've got most essential items for this build but my damage isn't the greatest yet especially on conquerors. Then again I'm only level 82 so I'll keep on progressing and levelling ofcourse.

How are you using smoke mine? I usually only use flame dash and forget about smoke mine because I find it pretty clunky to use.

Otherwise great build, plays fantastically. Thanks for the great write-up aswell!

My gear:
"
Is it normal that you're pretty much insta dead when you forget Arcane Cloak?

I think I've got most essential items for this build but my damage isn't the greatest yet especially on conquerors. Then again I'm only level 82 so I'll keep on progressing and levelling ofcourse.

How are you using smoke mine? I usually only use flame dash and forget about smoke mine because I find it pretty clunky to use.

Otherwise great build, plays fantastically. Thanks for the great write-up aswell!

My gear:

For your question, not normal, because I paid attention on my arcane cloak, mostly even I have it activated the numbers rarely go down.

This build still require some positioning, if you literally facetank everything without looking at dangerous map mods you could be 1 shotted.

I think most of your deaths are from delirium on death effects as the spikey bois damage shotgun and you didnt have flask up something like that, those are cus we dont have corpse removal, using explody mace will help but the str requirement is another part to solve the issue

For the smoke mine, it is personal preference kinda, I got used to the smoke mine combo with flame dash and able to utilize it very well, to me it is a top tier mobility gem, to me i just throw , detonate then dash, kinda it.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Hi ,

Thank you for this build guide. Superbly well written and very detailed. Was easy to follow.

First time for me to try a Scion and its very interesting.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I am very squishy. Have to keep spamming the mana flask to survive. Is my dodge chance low ?

2. I have an exploding Mace but am not sure the mobs explode if i use the Mines rather than doing a direct attack w the Mace? Can you clarify this? keep dying to those mobs that shoot Spikes when they die.

3. DPS for a miner lvl 90 is not that high for Single Target. Am i doing something wrong? Will include my pastebin and gear.

Any help will be much appreciated . Am hoping to kill Sirus A8 with a miner build. have never been successful with my 2 other miners (pyroclast miner and low life ball chain miner). They are too squishy and never survive Phase 3. Im hoping this build is MORE forgiving of mistakes and tankier to kill Sirus A8.

Here is my pastebin

https://pastebin.com/d6m23vKM

here is my gear. PLease have a look at my exploding mace and tell me if its the correct one and how to use it ? Physical attack or use the normal barrage?

Last edited by Daibom on Apr 26, 2020, 10:41:01 AM
Hey i had a quick glance at your pob. Here is what I reccomend from cheapest to most expensive for you:

1: Get veiled diamond/quartz flask with stun avoidance and 77-80% crit chance. This is how the build gets damage and stun avoidance making use of the flask effectiveness. Switch to enduring eternal mana flask. This is probably why you are dying so much.

2: Get max rolled dream fragments and atziri's foible and get them 20% mana quality. Mana is health so these rolls are important.

3: Passive tree: Swap Saboteur -> Hierophant for 8% mom for 1shots. Pick up Constitution near scion area. Try to get 3200 hit points and 5k mana with 57% mom atleast. Unspec your witch mana nodes and skill effect duration nodes.

4: Divine your omeyocon or buy a pair with 20% mana 28+% max resists: Get a enchant on them relevant: dodge/mana regen/penetration, etc. This build is amazing for lab so take advantage.

5: Skill links: Inspiration+Swift assembly changed to minefield and charged mines.

6: Cluster Jewels: You need a good 8 passive lightning cluster jewel with 2 sockets, scintilating idea at the minimum, and disorienting display or other useful lightning node if you can afford it.

7: Better weapons: Aim for atleast 4 big damage mods on a good base. Explodey mace is good and satisfying but you want the option of a straight damage weapon for bosses.

8: Gloves/belt: Energy shield rolls -> mana or utility

9: Indigon: Get 10% max mana and highest spell damage roll you can get on it with a relevant enchant: Ball lightning aoe, damage, +1 proj or arcane cloak etc. (expensive)

10: Bottled Faith: Luxory op flask bis for pretty much every build (expensive)
"
Ciatlov wrote:
Hey i had a quick glance at your pob. Here is what I reccomend from cheapest to most expensive for you:

3: Passive tree: Swap Saboteur -> Hierophant for 8% mom for 1shots. Pick up Constitution near scion area. Try to get 3200 hit points and 5k mana with 57% mom atleast. Unspec your witch mana nodes and skill effect duration nodes.

7: Better weapons: Aim for atleast 4 big damage mods on a good base. Explodey mace is good and satisfying but you want the option of a straight damage weapon for bosses.

Thank you for the tips sir! very responsive and much appreciated. I can and will do all of those and post an update later, however:

can you help me with #3 and #7 which i quoted above?

for #3, i copied your step by step levelling passive tree guide so am not sure how to do the swap to Heirophant? Is that in the ascendancy or passive tree? How do i path to the constitution area and have 5k mana at the same time? can you show a pastebin? i can level to 95 if need be to get the extra passive points

for #7, do i replace both my weapons or just the explodey mace (this was expensive haha). I go for added damage lightning to spells, crit multi, added chaos damage and ? Can you post the minimum requirement (for end game) from Poe.trade or pathofexile\trade ? will buy them. I have some currency so am willing to invest (I already have bottled faith)

thank you... the rest, I can buy or Divine Orb or re-roll.

FOr the QUartz Flask...can you post a link from poe.trade or pathofexile\trade ? Ive been searching (am sure I am doing something wrong) but cannot find anything with the veiled mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info