[3.11] Spellslinger VD Necromancer. All content. Easy and fast Sirus A8 kill. Wave 20 Simulacrum.

"
shaob wrote:
"
ancine wrote:
"
shaob wrote:
made it to wave 20/20 on the simulacrum...but final boss was a bit too much. am i doing something wrong w/ the build :\ or is it more mechanical, and i just need to learn that fight better?

Edit: would wand slinger be good for this build? Its very close to our tree

you just need to get higher level and better gear eventually. I have 8k hp, capped chaos res, good flat armor and a phys damage taken as fire/2 min endurance charges. I also try to fortify proc vs hard boss, so i am effectively 2x as tanky as you are. The wave 20 bosses can't kill me, unless Kosis slams on his ball, which deals like 20k damage or something and isn't designed to be tanked. My damage is also considerably higher, which means i have more uptime on flasks/molten shell.

The mechanics also play an important role, as i said kosis has a 1 shot attack and Omniphobia has a bleed attack. Omniphobia is best fought without you moving as he actually doesn't have a 1 shot skill, vs Kosis only move when you are near his balls/orbs.

You do 0 damage with your attacks, only spells. Don't get wand slinger.

thanks for the detailed response i've recently updated my gear, and weapon so I may be able to take on the wave 20 boss now. By the 1 shot ability kosis has you mean his giant shaper laser, and that garbage shit he puts on the ground that looks like the storm when figthing sirus?

What do you reckon I should upgrade on my gear for significant gains ? Sorry if i'm bombarding you with noob questions, just really interested in minmaxin your build out as I find it really good.

just play the game right now, don't focus on upgrading. Otherwise, get cdr belt/boots.
"
ancine wrote:
"
cookstar500 wrote:
Hi. Enjoying your build mate. Can you explain what the best weapon stats are as im a tad confused. Also how are you generating endurance charges?

cheers

I think getting 100% increased spell damage, followed by like 100 flat added fire damage(either spell or wand, doesn't matter since they are 1:1 the same value added to volatile dead), and having an open suffix is more than enough for a weapon. You do need crit enchantment on boots though, later on, as you won't have 100% uptime vs bosses without it while trying to play it smart. I have 100% uptime because i have like 17% crit chance vs bosses, whereas other people have 5%. And the sooner you get it proced, the sooner you deal more damage. So it is effectively a more damage multiplier

I am not generating endurance charges, they are part as crafts for my rings.

cheers pal. The crit makes sense as im clearing fine but single targets a bit off. this will help, thanks
"
ByR wrote:
Is this build SSF friendly?

Yeah, but you won't do as much damage or be as tanky.
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
"
ancine wrote:
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
hey, leveling this now, looks nice :) thx for the build.

question on the cluster jewel, are theese ur optimal choices? or what would the best or most important ones be?

Adds 9 Passive Skills (enchant)
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Fire Damage (enchant)
--------
1 Added Passive Skill is Corrosive Elements
1 Added Passive Skill is Doryani's Lesson
1 Added Passive Skill is Smoking Remains
--------
i got this for leveling for example (jewel spot missing)

wouldnt corrosive elements be better than sadist?

I use wave of conviction, so i don't need Corrosive elements, and wave of conviction is used with Combustion, which gives more damage than a herald of ash, which is what you'd replace it with if you'd gotten Corrosive elements. I think my jewel is pretty good, as smoking remains itself has 35% damage and is kinda good in juiced up maps for the defense. Would only replace it for a 8 passive one with the same notables and jewel socket.

You can get a small jewel that has life and a life notable, but i personally liked the block consistency so i picked that, doesn't really matter what you'd get here.

hmm i prbly miss something, so gotta ask again sry:D

isnt sadist just some increased damage? (do we shock/freeze with this build?)
corrosive elements is also 15 increased ele ddmg and the additional -resistance, wouldnt that be still better even if we got so much -resist already?

sadist is 60% increased damage, we do all 3 elements on enemies. And we can't inflict the exposure twice, so having it on 2 items is useless.
"
Xenhil wrote:
Hey, today started building this piece by piece and finished my day with this:

Spoiler

So far character is very tanky, block doing its job, that's all good. But I feel like I'm missing some damage comparing to other VD builds. Tried Aul with Anger and it immediately improved some of it, but still need some dmg I think.

After I level Awakened Cast on Crit I will free 4 points and plan to using Medium Curse Jewel for Unnerve + 5% more dmg and I hope that will be enough :)

i mean the build is mostly focused on defense. My goal was to have an easy time doing maps and killing bosses. The damage in my videos FEELS enough, 1 minute and 20 seconds to kill the last phase of Sirus is enough for me.

Also i'd put desecrate 1st, then bone offering, then tempest shield. Reason i put tempest shield first is because of the white socket which i don't want to get rid off because it looks good on my gear panel.
Last edited by ancine on Mar 27, 2020, 7:39:08 AM
i see, thx for the reply.

what about the warlord influence on helmet? is it just for -fire res? wouldnt we get that from fossils anyway?
"
cookstar500 wrote:
"
ancine wrote:
"
cookstar500 wrote:
Hi. Enjoying your build mate. Can you explain what the best weapon stats are as im a tad confused. Also how are you generating endurance charges?

cheers

I think getting 100% increased spell damage, followed by like 100 flat added fire damage(either spell or wand, doesn't matter since they are 1:1 the same value added to volatile dead), and having an open suffix is more than enough for a weapon. You do need crit enchantment on boots though, later on, as you won't have 100% uptime vs bosses without it while trying to play it smart. I have 100% uptime because i have like 17% crit chance vs bosses, whereas other people have 5%. And the sooner you get it proced, the sooner you deal more damage. So it is effectively a more damage multiplier

I am not generating endurance charges, they are part as crafts for my rings.

cheers pal. The crit makes sense as im clearing fine but single targets a bit off. this will help, thanks

Also keep note i basically have 12% fire pen on amulet and -9% fire res on enemies, and if i get close thats another -40% of fire res. If you are killing bosses from far away, i basically deal double damage just from the -res alone. It is such an underrated stat, as it is effectively a more damage multiplier.
Last edited by ancine on Mar 27, 2020, 7:36:52 AM
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
i see, thx for the reply.

what about the warlord influence on helmet? is it just for -fire res? wouldnt we get that from fossils anyway?

i suggest you read through the patchnotes lol. They removed some delve mods from the game and added influence mods in their place. If you spam scorched on a regular helmet, you can't get the -fire res ever, but you can just regularly alchemy/scour a warlord helmet and get it, but ofc it is better to pristine/scorched the warlord helmet as the -fire res is now much rarer.
Last edited by ancine on Mar 27, 2020, 8:03:58 AM
oh thx, didnt know that ;D guess the suffix/affix page i checked was outdated then
How does the +1 VD enchant work?

You can only created 10 corpses from desecrate so doesnt it just mean you go from 9 vd balls to 10? and would only get 12 if there were other corpses (vs trash where you dont really need more).

So isnt there better enchants?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info