[3.11] Spellslinger VD Necromancer. All content. Easy and fast Sirus A8 kill. Wave 20 Simulacrum.

"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
"
Xevus77 wrote:
There is quit a bit of options for main 6l setup. SS and VD are mandatory, but then we have quite a bit of contenders for remaining 4 slots

- Detonate Dead
- Spell Cascade (or is it also mandatory ?)
- Elemental Focus
- Inspiration
- Controlled Destruction
- Concentrated Effect

Did anybody theorycrafted the best configuration for clearing and single target DPS ?

Right now heres what im using in my 6L

is it the best? probably not, but its what ive landed on after discussions with some other more knowledgable people than me in this thread, but map clearing is laughable, and theres nothing i cant do atm

an interesting armour u've got there! :D

as i said a few posts before, the awakened spell cascade changes the number of potential corpses consumed. so its interesting what triggers first - i have no chance to test this, so i can just write about the theory behind:

u consume 12 corpses with VD and 5 with DD, but you spawn only 12 corpses (with undertaker). so imo u could change DD vs something that is boosting VD more (eg hypothermia?). u should calculate potential damage figures for both, so DD+VD vs VD solo.

VD has one bonus that noone mentions all the time: the orbs do always hit, while its "unknown" how many of your corpse explosions hit a particular target... so if i'd get an awakened spell cascade, i would switch to vd alone. also the setup gets cheaper in terms of mana reservation, so u could maybe fit HoA in there...?

if you keep your setup and i think that DD triggers first, u could also try to buff the corpse explosions with high life raise specre corpses (see also a few posts before)

hf!
"
dreadking_ wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
"
Xevus77 wrote:
There is quit a bit of options for main 6l setup. SS and VD are mandatory, but then we have quite a bit of contenders for remaining 4 slots

- Detonate Dead
- Spell Cascade (or is it also mandatory ?)
- Elemental Focus
- Inspiration
- Controlled Destruction
- Concentrated Effect

Did anybody theorycrafted the best configuration for clearing and single target DPS ?

Right now heres what im using in my 6L

is it the best? probably not, but its what ive landed on after discussions with some other more knowledgable people than me in this thread, but map clearing is laughable, and theres nothing i cant do atm

an interesting armour u've got there! :D

as i said a few posts before, the awakened spell cascade changes the number of potential corpses consumed. so its interesting what triggers first - i have no chance to test this, so i can just write about the theory behind:

u consume 12 corpses with VD and 5 with DD, but you spawn only 12 corpses (with undertaker). so imo u could change DD vs something that is boosting VD more (eg hypothermia?). u should calculate potential damage figures for both, so DD+VD vs VD solo.

VD has one bonus that noone mentions all the time: the orbs do always hit, while its "unknown" how many of your corpse explosions hit a particular target... so if i'd get an awakened spell cascade, i would switch to vd alone. also the setup gets cheaper in terms of mana reservation, so u could maybe fit HoA in there...?

if you keep your setup and i think that DD triggers first, u could also try to buff the corpse explosions with high life raise specre corpses (see also a few posts before)

hf!

heres my one question, and excuse the stupidity of it if its obvious - if awakened elemental focus stops linked ability from causing elemental ailments, would something like hypothermia not be so useful because you arent chilling enemies anymore?
Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Aug 27, 2020, 8:43:14 AM
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
heres my one question, and excuse the stupidity of it if its obvious - if awakened elemental focus stops linked ability from causing elemental ailments, would something like hypothermia not be so useful because you arent chilling enemies anymore?

The Skill "Corpse Pact" from your ascendancy handles the chill ailment.
"
dreadking_ wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

right right. derp

so, i was using Vaal-DD as nuke, but ill swap out to hypothermia and give a map a test run
Hmm no inspiration charges when it's socketed in chest?
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
"
dreadking_ wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

right right. derp

so, i was using Vaal-DD as nuke, but ill swap out to hypothermia and give a map a test run

mapping seemed a bit slower. im not sure if that can be attributed to the gem combo or map modifiers. ill have to run a few more maps with hypothermia in instead of DD to really see whats what
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

mapping seemed a bit slower. im not sure if that can be attributed to the gem combo or map modifiers. ill have to run a few more maps with hypothermia in instead of DD to really see whats what

I have tried both ways and mapping is most definitely better with DD. Then when you compare Bossing... well actually there is no comparison.... Bossing is orders of magnitude better with DD. Map bosses and Conquerers are basically deleted before they even make a telegraphed attack - that does not happen (with my build / gear anyway) if I just use VD on a 6l.

It does of course help with DD socketed if you at least try to be a little accurate where you aim frenzy but then again I have blind and culling linked to mine so am always aiming anyway.

Last edited by Dorfy on Aug 27, 2020, 2:46:07 PM
"
Dorfy wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

I have tried both ways and mapping is most definitely better with DD. Then when you compare Bossing... well actually there is no comparison.... Bossing is orders of magnitude better with DD. Map bosses and Conquerers are basically deleted before they even make a telegraphed attack - that does not happen (with my build / gear anyway) if I just use VD on a 6l.

It does of course help with DD socketed if you at least try to be a little accurate where you aim frenzy but then again I have blind and culling linked to mine so am always aiming anyway.

i just swapped back to VD/DD and it was like night and day. Im sure hypothermia works for some people, but with my current setup, its not the optimal combo
"
Korpivaellus wrote:

No, the reason for that is because all the gems linked in the chest are being used by spellslinger. You see Inspiration works only if you use a spell that it is linked with it and costs mana. Spellslinger however is an aura effect, you are not "actually" using it. Thats why for Inspiration to work for your VD/DD you must also have it linked with Frenzy. That way you generate the charges with Frenzy because you are casting it, and because you have Inspiration also in your chest, VD/DD benefit from the charges, even if they dont generate them.
Last edited by Vyonor on Aug 27, 2020, 11:49:01 PM
"
Vyonor wrote:
"
Korpivaellus wrote:

No, the reason for that is because all the gems linked in the chest are being used by spellslinger. You see Inspiration works only if you use a spell that it is linked with it and costs mana. Spellslinger however is an aura effect, you are not "actually" using it. Thats why for Inspiration to work for your VD/DD you must also have it linked with Frenzy. That way you generate the charges with Frenzy because you are casting it, and because you have Inspiration also in your chest, VD/DD benefit from the charges, even if they dont generate them.

Yes i finally figered that.Now i start testing ice bite and drop hypothermia...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info