[3.11] Spellslinger VD Necromancer. All content. Easy and fast Sirus A8 kill. Wave 20 Simulacrum.

"
Xevus77 wrote:
There is quit a bit of options for main 6l setup. SS and VD are mandatory, but then we have quite a bit of contenders for remaining 4 slots

- Detonate Dead
- Spell Cascade (or is it also mandatory ?)
- Elemental Focus
- Inspiration
- Controlled Destruction
- Concentrated Effect

Did anybody theorycrafted the best configuration for clearing and single target DPS ?

I'm curious about this too! personally I have been using hypothermia, thinking about swapping to conc effect for single target dps.
Its a difficult topic because there are so many variables.

spell cascade is a must, it increases the standard 3 consumed corpses from vd to 9.

DD fits well, because it consumes 1 corpse (3 with spell cascade), and you spawn 12 each cycle (desecrate + spell cascade = 10 + 2 undertaker).

an option would be to use awakened spell cascade (~16ex :-( ) for potential 15 vd corpses, then there would be no use in DD.

controlled destruction looks nice from damage numbers, but then there is the question, if normal wand attacks can crit to trigger elemental overload (or not to use elemental overload).

Inspiration is a nice damage boost, but hast to be present in your 6-link as well as in your barrage setup.

elemental focus prevents burning ailment, though burning is IMO not very strong/important, because only one instance will deal damage and we deal multiple but small instances of dmg -> any other opinions here on this?

other support gems need to be checked via POB regarding their added damage. (flammability, fire penetration, ...)

correct numbers for overall dps are hard to figure out, because not every corpse explosion hits a specific target (lets say sirus). but to have a basis, i do count them in. so calculate:

vd spell damage from POB * 9 (9 corpses)
+ vd corpse explosion damage * 9
(+ dd spell damage * 3)
(+ dd corpse explosion damage * 3)
= sum X

X * actions per second (see table with cooldown recovery speed, 69% CDR = 3,03 APS)
so its X * 3,03

this should be the DPS value under perfect conditions.

important: im not an expert for VD Necro, these are my assumptions. i cant guarantee that all of them are correct, so i am highly interested in other opinions if everything works as i expect it to. :-)
"
dreadking_ wrote:

spell cascade is a must, it increases the standard 3 consumed corpses from vd to 9.

Thanks! Does the above means that one cast of entire setup should spawn 9 orbs ? I definitely don't see that.
yes it does.

but care: if u start with your first cast, its a matter of timing, if VD finds enough corpses (cast simultaneous via desecrte). all further casts should have the correct number.

looking at your char i see that you should add a inspiration gem to your 6-link (in addition to the one in your barrage links!), in your current setup it doesn't affect VD.

also, because u don't use DD, you can consume only 9 corpses from 12.
there are a few possible solutions to fix this:
- "Volatile Dead Consumes up to 1 additional corpse" Enchant on helmet for 10 total
- awakened spell cascade for 12 total
- add DD to the 6-link
- remove undertaker (so u spawn 10 corpses) and anoint something different (not sure this makes sense, it hast good other benefits too!)

but i don't see any reason why u shouldn't spawn 9 balls.
Last edited by dreadking_ on Aug 26, 2020, 7:43:06 AM
"
dreadking_ wrote:

looking at your char i see that you should add a inspiration gem to your 6-link (in addition to the one in your barrage links!), in your current setup it doesn't affect VD.

I know that inspiration isn't doing anything, just not sure what to put there instead :) Dropped inspiration from 6l since it wasn't possible to meet mana reservation requirements with it.
Last edited by Xevus77 on Aug 26, 2020, 9:00:25 AM
Anyone has a guide to craft VD shield?
"
taanhdung wrote:

Sure, user Vodkasheep has, as for nearly every other item :-) Just check his profile and "recent forum posts"

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2807474/page/181#p23372168

"
Xevus77 wrote:
I know that inspiration isn't doing anything, just not sure what to put there instead :) Dropped inspiration from 6l since it wasn't possible to meet mana reservation requirements with it.

u could use raise spectre an get Lithomancer (from delve) and/or primal Crushclaw (garden, blue T3), as they have insane high life pools and corpse explosions scale with corpse base life (see this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2911667)
"
taanhdung wrote:

I have a detailed guide on page 205. But it requires you to find a non-influenced rare shield with t1-2 spell/fire dmg + t1 life. They should still be rather common for coupl ex. It's completely failproof and requires you some minimal seedcrafting!
"
Xevus77 wrote:
There is quit a bit of options for main 6l setup. SS and VD are mandatory, but then we have quite a bit of contenders for remaining 4 slots

- Detonate Dead
- Spell Cascade (or is it also mandatory ?)
- Elemental Focus
- Inspiration
- Controlled Destruction
- Concentrated Effect

Did anybody theorycrafted the best configuration for clearing and single target DPS ?

Right now heres what im using in my 6L

is it the best? probably not, but its what ive landed on after discussions with some other more knowledgable people than me in this thread, but map clearing is laughable, and theres nothing i cant do atm
Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Aug 26, 2020, 10:29:43 PM
What about combustion??
this is my setup, clear speed and single target is good..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info