[3.11] Spellslinger VD Necromancer. All content. Easy and fast Sirus A8 kill. Wave 20 Simulacrum.

"
ztnk wrote:
"
Magillanica wrote:

It may depend on the order of your gem link I think (not 100% sure). Let say if VD triggers first then 12VD and 0DD, if DD triggers first then 3DD and 9VD. Or something in between, but I think basically you get 12 in total between DD and VD.

I was thinking about this and awakened spell cascade before as well, but upon reading the forum and reddit someone mentioned the cap on cascade and I recognized this is such an important factor that is not stressed enough in guides.

my feelings after tests: (i have vd+1 enchant)
1. vd+dd - base
2. dd+vd - feels like bigger explosions while mapping. now it's my default setup for maps.
3. vd+elemental focus - feel like it don't clear whole screen on maps but same time feels like a bit more dps singletarget...

it's only feelings. i don't know how to make correct test without damagemeter...

It's hard to test VD, since the cursor position also affects the number of balls spawned (for example if you target pointblank I don't think you will spawn the max number of balls). There's also overlapping explosion and whatnot. Just experiment around all the options to see which one works better for you. I wish PoE has some sort of dummy target in the hideout to test dps.

As for different setup, what I do like about VD-DD is that you have Vaal DD which melts bosses.

When you do VD alone (which makes use of the helm enchant better), you could try something like Herald of Ash. This may require swapping support gem a bit if you don't have enough mana unreserved.

Something like VD-SS-Cascade-Ele Focus-Inspiration - Hypo/Controlled Destruction leaves you >25% mana for Herald of Ash.

Herald of Ash could help dps and clearing a bit, and you also have an option of using Circle of Anguish/Lone Messenger for even more damage. Try to see if this compensates the lack of DD.

"
Magillanica wrote:
"
ztnk wrote:
"
Magillanica wrote:

It may depend on the order of your gem link I think (not 100% sure). Let say if VD triggers first then 12VD and 0DD, if DD triggers first then 3DD and 9VD. Or something in between, but I think basically you get 12 in total between DD and VD.

I was thinking about this and awakened spell cascade before as well, but upon reading the forum and reddit someone mentioned the cap on cascade and I recognized this is such an important factor that is not stressed enough in guides.

my feelings after tests: (i have vd+1 enchant)
1. vd+dd - base
2. dd+vd - feels like bigger explosions while mapping. now it's my default setup for maps.
3. vd+elemental focus - feel like it don't clear whole screen on maps but same time feels like a bit more dps singletarget...

it's only feelings. i don't know how to make correct test without damagemeter...

It's hard to test VD, since the cursor position also affects the number of balls spawned (for example if you target pointblank I don't think you will spawn the max number of balls). There's also overlapping explosion and whatnot. Just experiment around all the options to see which one works better for you. I wish PoE has some sort of dummy target in the hideout to test dps.

As for different setup, what I do like about VD-DD is that you have Vaal DD which melts bosses.

When you do VD alone (which makes use of the helm enchant better), you could try something like Herald of Ash. This may require swapping support gem a bit if you don't have enough mana unreserved.

Something like VD-SS-Cascade-Ele Focus-Inspiration - Hypo/Controlled Destruction leaves you >25% mana for Herald of Ash.

Herald of Ash could help dps and clearing a bit, and you also have an option of using Circle of Anguish/Lone Messenger for even more damage. Try to see if this compensates the lack of DD.

never considered vaal DD. where would you slot that/position that in your gem links? would you have to manually detonate that or can you link it with a slinger?
You just need to change DD in your 6L to Vaal DD. So DD and VD are still triggered by spellslinger, while during boss fight you can additionally press vaal DD to see bosses melt.
Last edited by Magillanica on Jul 11, 2020, 6:34:04 PM
hmm, i'll give it a shot

also just ran this neck and cant tell if its better or not. FEELS better, but feel-crafting is a no no lol

also have this jewel. worth using or selling?

"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
hmm, i'll give it a shot

also just ran this neck and cant tell if its better or not. FEELS better, but feel-crafting is a no no lol

That amulet is necessary for LL version. For life version you should get a warlord influenced amulet, there are a lot of good affixes: fire penetration, +1 fire gem level, fire leech. And if you don't have mana reservation trouble then Undertaker is a better anoint than Charisma. To manage stun, use Soul of the Brine King Pantheon and/or stun avoid boot enchant.

The watcher eye could be used by LL version, which boosts ES recovery. Keep it if you want to transition to LL later, otherwise sell it.
"
Magillanica wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
hmm, i'll give it a shot

That amulet is necessary for LL version. For life version you should get a warlord influenced amulet, there are a lot of good affixes: fire penetration, +1 fire gem level, fire leech. And if you don't have mana reservation trouble then Undertaker is a better anoint than Charisma. To manage stun, use Soul of the Brine King Pantheon and/or stun avoid boot enchant.

The watcher eye could be used by LL version, which boosts ES recovery. Keep it if you want to transition to LL later, otherwise sell it.

yeah ive looked at the LL version. i have a few peices for it, but it just seems EXTREMELY expensive and not a budget-friendly build, and not sure which is better long term build-wise

also. swapped in the vaal DD, seems like a no brainer to use this all the time
Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Jul 11, 2020, 7:56:36 PM
AAAAALSO, just got my bigboy wand

Hey just a question regarding the updated gems/links etc.
Looks like Desecrate is to go in the gloves? Wouldn't it be better for it to go in helm since the trigger order is: Main hand ⇒ Amulet ⇒ Helm ⇒ Off hand ⇒ Body armour ⇒ Gloves ⇒ Boots

Allowing Desecrate to spawn corpses before VD is triggered?

Thanks
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
AAAAALSO, just got my bigboy wand

That's a good wand! I guess it has 1 open prefix? If that's the case then you can try Harvest augment fire, it can hit:
- +1 Fire Spell Gem: jackpot!
- Fire as extra chaos: not bad, and if needed you can remove chaos and augment fire again
- Fire DOT multiplier: can't fix unfortunately
- Adds Fire Damage: good for spellslinger, definitely worth keeping if it rolls well. If it doesn't roll well then you can remove attack and augment fire again.
Last edited by Magillanica on Jul 11, 2020, 9:08:17 PM
"
EarfwormJim wrote:
"
Vodkasheep wrote:
"
Jager235 wrote:
Hey everyone I've been loving the build so far and wanted to start crafting some better gear. My questions are simply which base is best for shaper shield, and wand. Also does the wand need to be touched by something like elder/warlord or something? Also is ilvl 85 best? Thanks everyone!

asked before but it got buried, would love some feedback on this.

For a BIS wand you want an uninfluenced imbued wand for the fastest attack speed to make clear feel smoother.

Its a pretty simple craft buy 5 or so Deafening essence of anger and 5 of the T4 wild seeds to try and get the 'fracture a random mod on an item with atleast 5 mods' craft.

then one by one use the essence on imbued wands and attempt to fracture the T0 fire damage mod you got from the essence. the essence of anger and T4 seeds cost 20c a pc last I checked so it isn't too expensive.

Once that mod is fractured drop a deafening essence of Woe on the wand.

Now craft multimod and then craft cast socketed spells on skill use and Double Damage from your crafting bench.

Now add a fire mod to fill up your final prefix.

Finally remove a non caster mod and add a caster mod until it eats your multimod and not your double damage to replace it with spell crit. you may have to recraft double damage.

Your final wand should be:

T0 attack Fire damage
T1 %Spell damage
Rerollable fire prefix(its the only modifiable fire mod on your item)
Spell crit (rerollable)
Double damage
Cast socketed spells on skill use

Honestly no better mods for a wand if your VD spellslinger.

For a shield, Its alot less gurenteed and there is going to be some variation. You must use a shaper ES shield for this craft.

Start by alting until you get T1 %spell damage; Note this craft only works with spell damage not any other shaper prefixes like + to all max res. because %spell damage blocks %fire damage.

Craft fire res to block fire res on suffix

now Add fire until you get +1 to fire spell gems; At most it should take you two tries since You can only get fire damage as extra chaos damage and +1 to fire gems.

Remove chaos if You had to add fire twice because you got fire damage as extra chaos.

Now craft a life prefix

Now Add life until you get %Life on block it should at most take two times

Now uncraft crafted life and then remove life(has to be remove and add as separate crafts not the remove then add craft) until %life on block is all that is left (50% chance there) MAKE SURE TO RECRAFT PREFIX LIFE BEFORE YOU USE ADD LIFE GARDEN CRAFT and ONLY UNCRAFT DURING THE REMOVAL PHASE

Now add chaos for chaos resistance on suffix

Now craft block suffix

Now add life for T1 life prefix, if you get %es and minor life instead remove defense craft and then Add life until you get it. This part is actually risky because if you get a low normal life-non ES roll you will have to start over from the life portion and remove it all. I would suggest just keeping a crafted life prefix at this point and add influence value in place of the crafted block I mentioned earlier for a chance at the goodies.

Final craft should look like this

T1Spell damage
+1 fire damage spells
Life
Chaos res.
%Block
% life on block

Keep in mind these SHOULD work but GGG has changed some tags and meta mod rules. I am 99% sure that this will work though.

OK, reading through that shield craft - if you alt for % spell damage, then augment+regal into 2 suffixes, couldn't you just craft a third suffix (depending on which suffix you get you might have to restart, if you get fire, chaos etc) and then add/remove life for T1 life, add/remove fire for +1 to fire gem, and then your prefixes are done? And at that point, you would remove the suffixes with harvest crafting, craft life regen suffix, slam life which would force % life on block, and then add whatever other 2 suffix you want - chaos res or whatever? I'm maxed on spell and attack block so would probably go for another res. Would try this myself but I don't have the currency.

I had thought % life regen and flat life regen don't block eachother. You can try it yourself just find a shield with life regen and try to craft % life regen on it on your bench. Im not at home right now. if your right it wouldn't change the craft much to alter it in this way and would make the craft way cheaper and more reliable.

"
Ziddyroc wrote:
"
Vodkasheep wrote:
"
Jager235 wrote:
Hey everyone I've been loving the build so far and wanted to start crafting some better gear. My questions are simply which base is best for shaper shield, and wand. Also does the wand need to be touched by something like elder/warlord or something? Also is ilvl 85 best? Thanks everyone!

asked before but it got buried, would love some feedback on this.

For a BIS wand you want an uninfluenced imbued wand for the fastest attack speed to make clear feel smoother.

Its a pretty simple craft buy 5 or so Deafening essence of anger and 5 of the T4 wild seeds to try and get the 'fracture a random mod on an item with atleast 5 mods' craft.

then one by one use the essence on imbued wands and attempt to fracture the T0 fire damage mod you got from the essence. the essence of anger and T4 seeds cost 20c a pc last I checked so it isn't too expensive.

Once that mod is fractured drop a deafening essence of Woe on the wand.

Now craft multimod and then craft cast socketed spells on skill use and Double Damage from your crafting bench.

Now add a fire mod to fill up your final prefix.

Finally remove a non caster mod and add a caster mod until it eats your multimod and not your double damage to replace it with spell crit. you may have to recraft double damage.

Your final wand should be:

T0 attack Fire damage
T1 %Spell damage
Rerollable fire prefix(its the only modifiable fire mod on your item)
Spell crit (rerollable)
Double damage
Cast socketed spells on skill use

Honestly no better mods for a wand if your VD spellslinger.

For a shield, Its alot less gurenteed and there is going to be some variation. You must use a shaper ES shield for this craft.

Start by alting until you get T1 %spell damage; Note this craft only works with spell damage not any other shaper prefixes like + to all max res. because %spell damage blocks %fire damage.

Craft fire res to block fire res on suffix

now Add fire until you get +1 to fire spell gems; At most it should take you two tries since You can only get fire damage as extra chaos damage and +1 to fire gems.

Remove chaos if You had to add fire twice because you got fire damage as extra chaos.

Now craft a life prefix

Now Add life until you get %Life on block it should at most take two times

Now uncraft crafted life and then remove life(has to be remove and add as separate crafts not the remove then add craft) until %life on block is all that is left (50% chance there) MAKE SURE TO RECRAFT PREFIX LIFE BEFORE YOU USE ADD LIFE GARDEN CRAFT and ONLY UNCRAFT DURING THE REMOVAL PHASE

Now add chaos for chaos resistance on suffix

Now craft block suffix

Now add life for T1 life prefix, if you get %es and minor life instead remove defense craft and then Add life until you get it. This part is actually risky because if you get a low normal life-non ES roll you will have to start over from the life portion and remove it all. I would suggest just keeping a crafted life prefix at this point and add influence value in place of the crafted block I mentioned earlier for a chance at the goodies.

Final craft should look like this

T1Spell damage
+1 fire damage spells
Life
Chaos res.
%Block
% life on block

Keep in mind these SHOULD work but GGG has changed some tags and meta mod rules. I am 99% sure that this will work though.

Awesome post! Though from what I understand, we would prefer fire damage to spell damage, since the explosions of VD and DD do not benefit from spell damage, but DO benefit from fire (or elemental) damage. If this is correct, how would you modify your craft?

Fire damage is rare, according to craft of exile:

T1 %fire damage roughly 7000 alts
T2 %fire damage roughly 2000 alts
T3 %fire damage roughly 1000 alts

this is ignoring the multiple thousands of Augment orbs you have to use too for the alt+aug method fyi

Frankly I have been considering crafting my base SOLEY to try and craft a high tier % fire damage. Basically force a +1 gem modifier that isn't fire fill up the suffixes with non-fire mods and then fill up the prefixes with +%fire and fire as chaos. Give you a 50% chance of rerolling choas and a random fire prefix so you have a
Fire prefix chance
T1 .5% chance
T2 1.1% chance
T3 2.2% chance
T4 4.4% chance

still terrible but with the price of alts...

If you get any of these? Stop and finish your craft, you have something worth enough to finish the craft and start again aiming for that T1 fire damage. The problem with add and removing for that high tier fire damage is not only are you spliting it between your three fire prefixes but you also still have that incredibly low chance of hiting money. as for the craft?

Int shields only have three possible fire prefixes so alt regal to try and get T3+ %fire damage craft fire suffix add fire twice.

craft light/cold res then remove that element; add that element garden craft.

then craft block

remove and add life until you get % life on block

remove chaos and craft life(what I would do since 30 or so life isn't worth the cost to me) or add remove life until you get a high tier life and % life on block.

For your wand if you want really want fire damage? I would just craft it there are too many different fire mod prefixes for wands to gurentee anything that is why we fractured the fire attack damage mod and specifically choose spell damage to make sure the third prefix is the ONLY fire damage mod on the item so you can reroll it to infinity and beyond.
Last edited by Vodkasheep on Jul 11, 2020, 11:28:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info