[3.11] Spellslinger VD Necromancer. All content. Easy and fast Sirus A8 kill. Wave 20 Simulacrum.

"
EzIndustry wrote:
Thank you very indepth guide. I played this game since derilium, not much experience but this my first character who can survive from Sirus from one shot me.

My newbie questions here:

Does area of effect on VD boost pure single target damages?

Do you think awakened spell cascade should be in the link if I have the budget? It doubles the corpse you created thus doubles your damage right?

I am not sure about overlapping aoe for the corpse explosion, that requires lots of testing.

However as I mentioned in other posts, Desecrate is capped at 10 corpses (and 12 with Undertaker). So using Awakened Cascade with Desecrate does nothing (with normal cascade 5*3=15 it already surpasses the cap).

With the cap on corpses created by Desecrate, using Awakened Cascade on VD and DD is not necessary since we already use all 12 corpses (3*3 for VD and 1*3 for DD and also 1 for bone offering occasionally). I think it could be nice for LL version since it does not destroy monster corpse. But if you use Inpulsa which destroys monster corpses then I don't think Awakened Cascade is worth it.
"
Lyxara wrote:
https://pastebin.com/e9Miy8LW

I enjoyed talking with you guys, also to the people I met that got in touch with me ingame for the build, it was fun to also talk about it not only in forums ;)

take care guys and enjoy the build as long as you can :)

can you explain manual -19 fire resist settin in POB?
seems POB already correctly count every penetration point
Last edited by ztnk on Jul 11, 2020, 5:04:35 PM
"
ztnk wrote:
"
Lyxara wrote:
https://pastebin.com/e9Miy8LW

I enjoyed talking with you guys, also to the people I met that got in touch with me ingame for the build, it was fun to also talk about it not only in forums ;)

take care guys and enjoy the build as long as you can :)

can you explain manual -19 fire resist settin in POB?
seems POB already correctly count every penetration point

the -19 is from cooked alive and the helmet, im not a PoB master and didn't know it counted on its own already, that was not a thing before fork :D
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
Last edited by Lyxara on Jul 11, 2020, 5:25:18 PM
What about using rotgut for your qs flask? U get frenzy charge out the ass so getting onslaught for a while wouldn't be a bad add on.
"
Magillanica wrote:

Yes I did try this and decided to switch back because of numerous reasons:
-VD and DD have 2 damage portions: one can be scaled with spell damage etc, and the explosion portion can not be scaled with spell damage. So when you use Anger, you will see huge improvement in the spell portion, but may overlook the fact that the explosion portion does not increase. So when comparing between +1 amulet and Anger, you need to add both the spell and explosion damage on PoB.
-When I tried it with fire pen Watcher Eye, the total damage increase is not good enough to justify losing other benefit of an influence amulet. You can Harvest craft fire leech on amulet as well, and augment 5% phys reduction is 100% chance. I think it is worth switching if you can get fire pen and increased fire damage Anger Watcher Eye, but last time I checked that's 50ex+
-On another topic about endgame optimization, I tried some suggestion from Reddit to use 1-link Raise Spectre and get high HP spectre. So when you Desecrate, you may get the same corpses as your spectre, which boosts the explosion portion of VD and DD. I test a bit in Sirus arena and there are a good amount of spectre corpses together with normal corpse. It's not consistent but I think it still boosts single target DPS. Here is the relevant post, which points out you want different Spectre types to increase the chance for their corpses to be included when you Desecrate.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2637877/page/1#p22377943

Thanks for the detailed reply!
As I understand for purely scaling VD then spelldmg and fire dmg to spells is good. I'm not so keen switching in DD really and I like the playstyle just having shield charge/flame dash and right clicking for Frenzy for all the spell dmg. Since I also run WoC, its a decent portion of dmg and applies all the debuffs I need.
Yeah I dont 1 shot bosses and instant phase Sirus 8 but it's very reasonable and can only scale higher and higher when I replace my last items. But on the upside I can't really die to anything unless I afk for more than 5 seconds or DC.

Also I like your wand alot, thinking also to just buy the fractured base and spam lot of Essence of Anger + remove non fire into fire proably!
"
Magicmasterb wrote:
What about using rotgut for your qs flask? U get frenzy charge out the ass so getting onslaught for a while wouldn't be a bad add on.

I think you may need non-unique flask for ailments: bleed and freeze at the very least (unless you have other way to mitigate these). As for Onslaught I think Cinderswallow may be a better choice with good sustain in map and ignited enemy takes 10% increased damage.
"
Magillanica wrote:

It may depend on the order of your gem link I think (not 100% sure). Let say if VD triggers first then 12VD and 0DD, if DD triggers first then 3DD and 9VD. Or something in between, but I think basically you get 12 in total between DD and VD.

I was thinking about this and awakened spell cascade before as well, but upon reading the forum and reddit someone mentioned the cap on cascade and I recognized this is such an important factor that is not stressed enough in guides.

my feelings after tests: (i have vd+1 enchant)
1. vd+dd - base
2. dd+vd - feels like bigger explosions while mapping. now it's my default setup for maps.
3. vd+elemental focus - feel like it don't clear whole screen on maps but same time feels like a bit more dps singletarget...

it's only feelings. i don't know how to make correct test without damagemeter...

how do you manage the mana reserved? i got 6l and i cant use the two spellinger, uno with 81% and the other with 23
Anyone fused their own 6L Inpulsa?

Just blew through over 1k fusings and luckily got my original 5L back with ~80ish left.

Been reading some people have funneled thousands of fusings with no 6L.

I might just leave it a 5L. Haven't really "been feeling it" this league, as crafting is my least favorite part of the game....I might just call this one a wash.
"
Magillanica wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
ah well i would need to swap colors on one of my sockets to get a 3rd green for hypo.

dumb question - if this build is aimed at fire damager, what does hypo help with?

You don't have to swap ele focus for hypo. I think if you spec into the Sovereignty wheel then you will not have problem with mana reservation.

Also since corpse pact from our ascendancy chilled enemy, basically hypo is a 39% damage multiplier (against chilled enemy). Ele focus is like 10% more, so if you can manage reservation then ele focus > hypo.

thats exactly what i did, moved some points around and went into the sovereignty wheel and everything feels so much better. now i just have to slowly adjust out from there until i get it all correct

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info