[3.10] Unkn0wN's Archmage OOS Hybrid MOM Trickster- 11kEHP 15mil+ Shaper DPS League Starter

"
R4yy wrote:
I'm kind of new to Path of Building so I'm not sure how to incorporate Conductivity into total DPS, but why isn't that included in this build? Is there already too much lightning penetration, not much DPS, or ?

Conductivity even at the highest level you can get on hit is less damage for us than Assassin's mark. And curse on hit on rings is now mutually exclusive so there is no way for us to have both even if we crafted conductivity on hit on another ring. However elemental weakness corruption on gloves would work however you'd have to get +1 curses on enemies from amulet either through corruption or changing the annointment.
"
unkn0wn71 wrote:
"
R4yy wrote:
I'm kind of new to Path of Building so I'm not sure how to incorporate Conductivity into total DPS, but why isn't that included in this build? Is there already too much lightning penetration, not much DPS, or ?

Conductivity even at the highest level you can get on hit is less damage for us than Assassin's mark. And curse on hit on rings is now mutually exclusive so there is no way for us to have both even if we crafted conductivity on hit on another ring. However elemental weakness corruption on gloves would work however you'd have to get +1 curses on enemies from amulet either through corruption or changing the annointment.

I never knew that, thanks!
"
unkn0wn71 wrote:
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
Question: As it is intended to use Shroud of the Lightless (which has lvl 20 elemental penetration) and we should still use an additional lighting penetration ...

Is that doubled than? Or wouldn't be elemental focus better than?

link to reddit

reddit thread about it, but in short yes elemental focus would give us a bit more damage basically only on endgame bosses however you lose out on shock, which if anyone has noticed I put that we shock stuff but I'm too lazy to calculate shock effect so I've left it at a flat 5%, which is the lowest value you can have.

My question was not, if it is helpful or not, my question was if a lightning penetration gem is working even if there is lvl 20 elemental penetration available ... i mean: it wouldnt work if we use: orb of storms + lighting penetration + lightning penetration (afaik that won't help as they are not doubled as they are 2 same gems ... but as lighting penetration + elemental penetration are different gems ...

But thx to clarify about that shock thing ... have not remembered it :)
Last edited by Mydgard6 on Mar 30, 2020, 12:05:01 PM
so the mind over matter node is not useful right since we have quite of bit of energy shield?

Also, heres my POB : https://pastebin.com/cksSNKGs

Please do take a look if you can and let me know if i've messed up in anyway and any particular upgrades I can shoot for. I am not struggling with any content btw. Also, how can I understand exactly how much dps i'm doing?
Last edited by PreludePrecure on Mar 31, 2020, 11:23:20 AM
"
so the mind over matter node is not useful right since we have quite of bit of energy shield?

Also, heres my POB : https://pastebin.com/cksSNKGs

Please do take a look if you can and let me know if i've messed up in anyway and any particular upgrades I can shoot for. I am not struggling with any content btw. Also, how can I understand exactly how much dps i'm doing?

this is from the PoB you linked me, apologies if I missed anything
along with these settings selected I also have all of your flasks active

the average hit of OOS is shown.

Damage Calculation

(OOS Hit Rate + Tempest Shield Cast Rate + 2 from amulet proc) * OOS Average Hit

(5.96 + 13.92 + 2) * 310192 = 6,787,000

These are your current relevant dps numbers on Shaper level bosses with Chain in

About mind over matter, your current Life + ES = 6387 with MoM your effective health+es becomes 8303. Lets say you get hit for only chaos damage and it ignores your ES. Your life is 3785, but with MoM its 4920. You choose if you want it or not lol. This is assuming you don't have Arcane Cloak active before you get hit.

Biggest upgrades I see come from helmet enchant, more spell damage/spell crit on shield, and awakened gems/ 21/20 gems. Primarily Archmage level 21 makes a big impact on damage and awakened lightning pen.

Last edited by unkn0wn71 on Mar 31, 2020, 6:48:29 PM
Thanks for the help, regarding the mind over matter thing someone told me it wouldnt work at all if I had any energy shield so I was a little confused, more ehp is definitely a good thing. I just picked up the helm with the enchant and hope I can pick up the gems soon and find a decent shield. Been really enjoying the build. Thanks again.

PS: Which gem to use for single target?
Last edited by PreludePrecure on Mar 31, 2020, 7:51:04 PM
"
Thanks for the help, regarding the mind over matter thing someone told me it wouldnt work at all if I had any energy shield so I was a little confused, more ehp is definitely a good thing. I just picked up the helm with the enchant and hope I can pick up the gems soon and find a decent shield. Been really enjoying the build. Thanks again.

PS: Which gem to use for single target?

Yes whoever told you about the ES thing was confused since MoM stacks perfectly fine.

Single target swap I use is awakened controlled destruction since I have white socket on my shroud. If you can't get white socket hypothermia should be best swap in.

happy to hear you're enjoying the build!
silly qns, why algor mortis over voidbringer?
"
azarel41 wrote:
silly qns, why algor mortis over voidbringer?

Algor mortis is more damage assuming you are already running Fevered Mind jewels and I the amount of mana we spend per OOS if pushed much farther would be hard to sustain. Algor mortis also saps enemies which lowers enemy damage.
ah cool tks for the explanation! enjoying your build very much although i changed abit of stuff to use lightning warp as movement skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info