[3.10] Unkn0wN's Archmage OOS Hybrid MOM Trickster- 11kEHP 15mil+ Shaper DPS League Starter

Hey dude,
been really enjoying this character, didnt expect the clear to be this comfortable, but I feel like I would like a bit more single target, what would be the next best investment for me?

I got all the jewels too, and one side of the large cluster too, with storm drinker scintillating idea and some dex and mana.
I see in your latest pob that you took LL, was that an accident or are you using a different chest.
"
TrafficLi9HT wrote:
Hey dude,
been really enjoying this character, didnt expect the clear to be this comfortable, but I feel like I would like a bit more single target, what would be the next best investment for me?

I got all the jewels too, and one side of the large cluster too, with storm drinker scintillating idea and some dex and mana.

From what you linked biggest single target increase would be for you to buy/make your shroud have a white socket and get awakened controlled destruction gem swap for bossing.

If you don't want to go that route, I can tell by looking that your mana rolls on most of your rares are very low. Not sure what mana numbers your hitting by my current mana pool is 6900.

"
Kraduu wrote:
I see in your latest pob that you took LL, was that an accident or are you using a different chest.

I assume you're talking about the Pain Attunement Keystone? If so the Lethal Pride legion jewel actually changes that keystone to Glancing Blows, which you can see the info of there. It's a big tankiness increase for those who want to invest in it.
"
unkn0wn71 wrote:
"
wtfkings wrote:
"
unkn0wn71 wrote:

If you link your PoB I can look at it

Here you go:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/wtfkings/characters

Thank you so much in advance! :)

Linking your actual build from PoB makes it easier but I did load your character in from your profile myself.

Biggest Damage differences I see when I go into your PoB compared to mine in a list with highest DPS increases at the top then no particular order afterwards:

Most damage increases i'll put a fairly accurate %damage increase of average hit next to each but don't forget cast speed/mana pool is very important too:

Wand (17%)
Shield (13% damage)
Assassin mark ring (10%)
Awakened Lightning Pen Support (25% Average hit difference at lvl 5 a few % even at level 1)

Helmet Enchant (6%)

Level up your Chain gem or get level 21 chain gem you're losing damage from chain's negative multiplier not being lowered as much as possible

Other damage increases
Spec into crackling speed until you get a second cluster jewel to be put into your medium
Snowstorm on medium cluster jewel (it's about twice as efficient damagewise compared to Paralysis node you have
Level 21/23 Archmage
Quality on culling strike attached to tempest shield (for the cast speed)
Tailwind

there might be more but this should give you some stuff to work towards. Gaining levels and increasing mana pool/cast speed/spell damage/%of lightning damage added as another element will all be the highest damage increases

Oh so sorry i'm actually new to the game and community: (would this be better)
https://pastebin.com/6nE2C3cH

Thank you so much for the insights, appreciated. Will be working towards those things. Managed to get a awakened lightning pen. Also i really enjoy the gameplay for this build! :) I got 3 fevered mind up and running.

For the wand is +#-# lightning damage to spells high priority? Should the priority ranked for wand be as follows:
1)%increased spell damage
2)%cast speed
3) mana
4) +#-# lightning damage to spells
As for % of non-chaos damange as extra chaos damage is it good? noticed some people around here got it as well.
I want to ensure i get the right wand, because i was searching for them and it is a huge investment so just wanna make sure i spend my exs right heh...
Similarly, for shield it would be the same? I noticed for your shield there is a crit chance increased for spells is that priority as well?

As for a gameplay question:
My Arcane Cloak seems to be on cooldown even when i didn't click on it sometimes, most of the time it happened when i shield charge in. Did something trigger that shared the same cooldown?

Also when i pre-cast arcanecloak and charge in, i face a mana issue to cast OOS immediately how do u suggest i work on my gaemplay.

I seems quite clucky to arcane cloak sometimes.

Thank you so much for your guidance, you're very responsive! ^^
"
wtfkings wrote:

Oh so sorry i'm actually new to the game and community: (would this be better)
https://pastebin.com/6nE2C3cH

Thank you so much for the insights, appreciated. Will be working towards those things. Managed to get a awakened lightning pen. Also i really enjoy the gameplay for this build! :) I got 3 fevered mind up and running.

For the wand is +#-# lightning damage to spells high priority? Should the priority ranked for wand be as follows:
1)%increased spell damage
2)%cast speed
3) mana
4) +#-# lightning damage to spells
As for % of non-chaos damange as extra chaos damage is it good? noticed some people around here got it as well.
I want to ensure i get the right wand, because i was searching for them and it is a huge investment so just wanna make sure i spend my exs right heh...
Similarly, for shield it would be the same? I noticed for your shield there is a crit chance increased for spells is that priority as well?

As for a gameplay question:
My Arcane Cloak seems to be on cooldown even when i didn't click on it sometimes, most of the time it happened when i shield charge in. Did something trigger that shared the same cooldown?

Also when i pre-cast arcanecloak and charge in, i face a mana issue to cast OOS immediately how do u suggest i work on my gaemplay.

I seems quite clucky to arcane cloak sometimes.

Thank you so much for your guidance, you're very responsive! ^^

No problem, yes that is the correct way to link it and ask for help thank you.

Arcane cloak shares a cooldown with steelskin on your CWDT
Ideally the way I play is, kill pack/most of pack pop arcane cloak with last OOS lingering and killing stragglers (typically from delirium fog) and use that to boost my mana back up to useable values along with mana potion or I use it after I've dropped orb of storms and am just sitting in place holding down tempest shield. The steelskin/arcane cloak being used in CWDT is mostly for if I don't preemptively use it but yes they share cooldown. Sometimes using AC first and waiting a small amount of time instead of chain diving packs will definitely be safer anyway. A lot of time I pop it and jump in and Frostblink/Wave of Conviction/Cold Snap will just kill stuff and I don't even notice that I used it since the damage boost from AC + Fevered Minds + general spell damage increases makes our non main spells hit hard enough on trash typically anyway, though I'm pretty much at the point where I'm not going to upgrade further.

Generally speaking priority for wand/shield should be something like

Wand
top tier:
%spell damage
%cast speed
%of lightning damage or non-chaos damage as extra chaos
%increased critical strike chance of spells
>100 mana

low tier:
flat added elemental damage to spells

Shield:
Perfect shield imo would look like
%increased spell damage
+to max life
+to max mana (alternatively could have %of lightning damage as chaos here)
%increased critical strike chance for spells
%cast speed
-- flex slot -- (so so so many great things could go here to boost up your build)

to give you an idea my wand did not originally have the +mana on it and it was quite good I did Leo Exalt slam it and got lucky with the added mana roll I did meta-craft to make that happen though

critical strike chance of spells is quite good but only if you have a lot of the other pieces hence its not the top priority and there are so many good mods to roll on wands if you don't get it there no sweat

the %of damage as chaos damage is very efficient for our build as we provide huge amounts of base damage already being pumped in so converting a portion of this as extra works out well and will typically be paired with a high %increased spell damage roll as its a hybrid roll

The flat added elemental damage to spells just happened to be part of the wand when I bought it but it was not a huge priority as the amount of extra damage it adds is negligible compared to the other stats.

Shield will have less damage rolls on it if you want life so the my shield originally did not come with a resist but got slammed on there even though I hoped to hit cast speed :( but you can see I don't have cast speed on the shield as the other rolls were strong enough to outweigh it since unless you pay exorbitantly you can't have everything.

TLDR: Whatever item you are looking at buying since the stats affect the build in varying and complex ways, copy the item and try it on in path of building to compare damage differences.
Last edited by unkn0wn71 on Apr 6, 2020, 3:00:15 PM
Hello,

First, i wanna thank you for making this build.
It's been a blast ever since i picked it up!

I changed some things, minmaxed around and now want to share what i've created:

Spoiler

The far right Jewel node gives us the opportunity to use an IL.
Since this build is already fast in clearing maps, this makes it even faster!
On Pob i get 541622 * 5.5 = 3mil without Tempest Shield.
With Tempest shield its 40 mil dps!

That is more then enough for juiced maps.

On bosses i swap Chain for a lvl 21/20 Hypothermia ... BiS would be Awakened Controlled Destruction, as you mention in your guide anyways (At least i think so?)
You can also swap the Inspired learning for another dps boost. But idk if will do that.

Getting such a Megalomaniac jewel is probably pretty hard since i got mine pretty cheap for what its worth in this build. As i bought mine, there was another one up for about 7 ex.
I crafted the Large Cluster Jewel myself with about 10-14 ex investment (Was proabably not worth that much but i needed the t1 dex and I didn't want to renounce any of the Passives)

The only gear i see myself upgrading is the wand(7+% possible) the shield and my 2nd ring which is just there to solve my Resistance problems. I used to use shaped gloves with cast speed, but swapped back to the algor mortis mitts. Will probably also get some new boots too.

I hope you guys like my build variation!
"
AndiBOYS wrote:
Hello,

First, i wanna thank you for making this build.
It's been a blast ever since i picked it up!

I changed some things, minmaxed around and now want to share what i've created:

Spoiler

The far right Jewel node gives us the opportunity to use an IL.
Since this build is already fast in clearing maps, this makes it even faster!
On Pob i get 541622 * 5.5 = 3mil without Tempest Shield.
With Tempest shield its 40 mil dps!

That is more then enough for juiced maps.

On bosses i swap Chain for a lvl 21/20 Hypothermia ... BiS would be Awakened Controlled Destruction, as you mention in your guide anyways (At least i think so?)
You can also swap the Inspired learning for another dps boost. But idk if will do that.

Getting such a Megalomaniac jewel is probably pretty hard since i got mine pretty cheap for what its worth in this build. As i bought mine, there was another one up for about 7 ex.
I crafted the Large Cluster Jewel myself with about 10-14 ex investment (Was proabably not worth that much but i needed the t1 dex and I didn't want to renounce any of the Passives)

The only gear i see myself upgrading is the wand(7+% possible) the shield and my 2nd ring which is just there to solve my Resistance problems. I used to use shaped gloves with cast speed, but swapped back to the algor mortis mitts. Will probably also get some new boots too.

I hope you guys like my build variation!

Nice job man! As of yesterday I actually bought an HH and have been running it. I dropped the tailwind boots for high res/movespeed rares to fix resists and it has been a blast. Single inspired learning always just made me crave headhunter, but I'm glad it's working great for you! Bottled faith is probably awesome but I'm pretty much done min maxing on this build and am going to be theorycrafting my next one tonight/tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who tried this out and contributed to this thread, I will try to answer questions for the next couple weeks still on the build and we'll see what happens from there.
Last edited by unkn0wn71 on Apr 7, 2020, 2:55:58 AM
Is the dps roughly average hit of oos times the cast rate of tempest shield?

Enjoying the build, I find intensify support to be really good quality of life for mapping. It feels like the chains stretch further with increased aoe. You can get a corrupted 21 for cheap and the quality does no damage for oos.
Last edited by daason on Apr 7, 2020, 7:14:34 AM
"
unkn0wn71 wrote:

No problem, yes that is the correct way to link it and ask for help thank you.

Arcane cloak shares a cooldown with steelskin on your CWDT
Ideally the way I play is, kill pack/most of pack pop arcane cloak with last OOS lingering and killing stragglers (typically from delirium fog) and use that to boost my mana back up to useable values along with mana potion or I use it after I've dropped orb of storms and am just sitting in place holding down tempest shield. The steelskin/arcane cloak being used in CWDT is mostly for if I don't preemptively use it but yes they share cooldown. Sometimes using AC first and waiting a small amount of time instead of chain diving packs will definitely be safer anyway. A lot of time I pop it and jump in and Frostblink/Wave of Conviction/Cold Snap will just kill stuff and I don't even notice that I used it since the damage boost from AC + Fevered Minds + general spell damage increases makes our non main spells hit hard enough on trash typically anyway, though I'm pretty much at the point where I'm not going to upgrade further.

Generally speaking priority for wand/shield should be something like

Wand
top tier:
%spell damage
%cast speed
%of lightning damage or non-chaos damage as extra chaos
%increased critical strike chance of spells
>100 mana

low tier:
flat added elemental damage to spells

Shield:
Perfect shield imo would look like
%increased spell damage
+to max life
+to max mana (alternatively could have %of lightning damage as chaos here)
%increased critical strike chance for spells
%cast speed
-- flex slot -- (so so so many great things could go here to boost up your build)

to give you an idea my wand did not originally have the +mana on it and it was quite good I did Leo Exalt slam it and got lucky with the added mana roll I did meta-craft to make that happen though

critical strike chance of spells is quite good but only if you have a lot of the other pieces hence its not the top priority and there are so many good mods to roll on wands if you don't get it there no sweat

the %of damage as chaos damage is very efficient for our build as we provide huge amounts of base damage already being pumped in so converting a portion of this as extra works out well and will typically be paired with a high %increased spell damage roll as its a hybrid roll

The flat added elemental damage to spells just happened to be part of the wand when I bought it but it was not a huge priority as the amount of extra damage it adds is negligible compared to the other stats.

Shield will have less damage rolls on it if you want life so the my shield originally did not come with a resist but got slammed on there even though I hoped to hit cast speed :( but you can see I don't have cast speed on the shield as the other rolls were strong enough to outweigh it since unless you pay exorbitantly you can't have everything.

TLDR: Whatever item you are looking at buying since the stats affect the build in varying and complex ways, copy the item and try it on in path of building to compare damage differences.

Thanks for the input i managed to get the upgrades you recommended me excluding shield & wand upgrade. i realised they aren't selling them in the trade and i would need to craft it myself. (https://pastebin.com/TiEiBsee)

I don't see myself having much damage issue for now, but i seem to have issues surviving. I mostly die from one shots (lots of projectile flying my way)

I'm thinking of switching over to your new setup of having the timeless jewel (glancing blow). Do you think it would help or am i just playing badly haha... this is my first character and league >_<

I managed to get to awakened lv 8 but only managed to defeat a6 sirus. I can't seem to level up from 93 as i'm dying too much too often any suggestions on this? I've been improving on using arcane cloaks and cycling through defensives (vaal grace/discipline) as well.
Getting that Lethal Pride was huge for me, so you might want that too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info