Development Manifesto: Delirium Improvements

New league is always exciting. I've only just started mapping but I'm already losing interest compared to the last league.

Once you start the fog, you're basically forced to run all the way to the boss, killing anything in your way, skipping all drops until you get to the map boss.
If you manage to kill him before the timer ends it makes it worthwhile sometimes....

The major problem with this is what a lot of people have mentioned... backtracking.. it just seems so tedious and makes mapping like a chore. Either make the fog persist with a toggle to stop it or implement a system like a zana map where killing delirium mobs will increase the timer so that the fog doesn't run out.

Metamorph seems more rewarding so far. I don't really think a massive nerf to delirium mobs is needed either. Just improve the mechanics a bit, give better rewards for the incentive to do the encounters.

Also lag spikes are an issue for me, never really had it since many leagues ago. When you have tons of mobs on screen + shrine location... it really brings my pc to it's knees. I'm on a 1080 ti system i5-4670 with everything set on "low detail" and still Cyclone feels like slow motion. It's a real problem.

Hopefully things will improve.
The map drop rate has been a joke. Previously with 120/154 & 10/154, each fully juiced red map would give me back at least 1-2 red maps, with my 2 sets of IIR gears.
Have been running the new atlas for 3 days with the same character. 144/154, fully juiced red maps always return me with farking white maps.

What a shame, this could be the best time for POE to shine since billions of gamer are doing the quarantine shit. And yet, look at what have u guys done here?. Shame
Last edited by nickwch on Mar 20, 2020, 12:01:28 PM
Is there any update on the fix for the performance issue?
(problem with shaders causing frequent game freezes)

I understand that it is being worked on with high priority, and I understand that whining won't make the fix happen any faster. But there is a lot of people (my humble self included) who cannot play the game since Delirium launch, so an ETA or at least some update on the progress would be much appreciated.

Looking at the comments here and on Steam I get the impression that many people are getting frustrated by both the bug and the lack of any further communication regarding it.
"
FourOfSpades wrote:
Is there any update on the fix for the performance issue?
(problem with shaders causing frequent game freezes)

I understand that it is being worked on with high priority, and I understand that whining won't make the fix happen any faster. But there is a lot of people (my humble self included) who cannot play the game since Delirium launch, so an ETA or at least some update on the progress would be much appreciated.

Looking at the comments here and on Steam I get the impression that many people are getting frustrated by both the bug and the lack of any further communication regarding it.

Aint nobody got time for doing some real work. They are tied up with squeezing their brain juice to nerf fun builds and items, buff the bosses, complicate the atlas, hoping to make the players slow down their progress
"
Yes, is being investigated but we're not sure yet what is causing the recent regression.

So it's been a week. Are you sure now?
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
My complaints are gonna go with others on performance and hypocritical mechanic and design stance.

1. I'm done being nice your network and fps performance are joke in this game, it's the same in D3 when one makes really big mobs as well. The two best arpg games on market choke on any decent high end pc when you throw mobs at them. Be it my i5, i7, or ryzens I still see performance that belongs on an n64.

For the love of god address rubber banding like the fighting game community has. I'm sick of being rubberbanded and not having events of the past rolled back. If your game has desync events should be rolled back to the moment it happens or we should be invulnerable. I literally hate this mechanc because of rubber banding or nasty fps/drops stutter. Your game sucks when it desyncs or is out of sync yet you do little to address yet have the tech to do so.

I'd really like a QOL patch a big that addresses thing should be a league. I think most here would rather a QOL patch league with refinements than another year of buggy releases as we play guinea pigs for your design failures. Every league is just 3 months of us fleshing out something that might make it in to the core of the game that you could've done a much better if you bothered to have a testing community which is joke at this point. It's played out and while you do it to keep people coming in, that could be done by having a game that is streamlined and playable as well which would keep and bring in more.

How old is this game and yet you gimp it with bad ideas or worse forgetting that any game worth it's salt neeeds to perform first before anything else matters.

2. Whoever keeps designing mechanics that clash and don't work with each league shouldn't anymore. Why whine about powercreep when you design a mechanic you will never have enough defense for? Where is the powercreep defense force to explain this crap.

You have no choice this league but to have excessive dps that you can apply instantly or in second anything else delirium in yellows can just one shot you.

For a company that talks balance there's so little of it in actuality, the faithful can come at me but facts are facts.

3. Remove the timer, get rid of bs rules on the mist or laxen them or slow it down. Can't have it all ways and expect people to enjoy this mechanic. I want to like but besides the one shot rip nature of is the fact it's easily entering the territory bestiary and synthesis did for me, which means I will have to skip something could've been solid because you won't make it fun or rewarding.

I won't bother with this garbage mechanic in a week when I can do blighted, delve and the rest of the content with easy, without dying and get paid. Being serious to some I'd rather keep doing alva in her last season form than this.
Last edited by Nuttyhater on Mar 22, 2020, 12:23:45 PM
Double posts how nice.
Last edited by Nuttyhater on Mar 22, 2020, 12:22:21 PM
Double posted cause you're servers are maxed out and you do nothing about it.
Last edited by Nuttyhater on Mar 22, 2020, 12:21:45 PM
servers lags and mobs hits like uber elder
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
nickwch wrote:
The map drop rate has been a joke. Previously with 120/154 & 10/154, each fully juiced red map would give me back at least 1-2 red maps, with my 2 sets of IIR gears.
Have been running the new atlas for 3 days with the same character. 144/154, fully juiced red maps always return me with farking white maps.

What a shame, this could be the best time for POE to shine since billions of gamer are doing the quarantine shit. And yet, look at what have u guys done here?. Shame

once you have 140/154+140/154awa, you will get like 10 red maps from one red map.

That aside, this league is just another out of season aprils joke.
Did not expected that from GGG, but maybe its Tencent influence?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info