Development Manifesto: Delirium Improvements

Good changes and honest discussion. Nice to hear. Hope you will really improve performance, cause this frontloading/buffering/whatever it is that makes you lag like hell when you start a delirium encounter is a pity.

Also: betrayal content performance not fixed a year after release. You did promise that and never followed up on it.
No vacuuming up the gear or presenting it all in one go at the end? It's not the core part of designing an ARPG you say? Is having massive amounts of loot drop during a timed event that forces one to rush through a map in order to use the mechanic to it's utmost potential, then having to back track all the way to the beginning a core design for ARPGs?

Again... so many of these issues seem like no-brainers. Get the community involved with testing somehow... a week or two before the actual release? Ok so maybe this gives advantages to the racers who get that access, but maybe the testing could somehow be limited to just testing the new league mechanic? Little to no leveling involved so as to not give too much advantages when it comes to new league races?
Last edited by Durf on Mar 17, 2020, 2:26:48 AM
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
ty GGG!

as always ur awesome and this league super fun! just performance and lags quite bad otherwise its super!

This is everyone every league ^ . GG makes shit way too overhauled and ridiculous, and then they fix it. People praise it. I'm not your beta tester, you don't pay me to be, or any one of these other people. Test your crap already, before sending it out.. I quit this league day 3 because it's the same overhauled crap of legion and metamorph, creating ridiculously deadly one shot or 12039810230 hit mechanical situations that are undodgeable from regular gameplay resulting in either dying for looting, stopping momentarily, or skipping said content entirely. I guarantee you most people in HC skip the mechanic or loot, or just simply die because they didn't. You can still make something challenging, rewarding and FUN without creating these stupid situations. We're trying to have fun here, not play PoE the deadly sport ARPG.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
There shouldn't even be a time limit in the delirium, to allow players to comfortably decide when they want to stop. Also, you can't even back track or stop to grab your loot without risking instantly dying.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
"
sym wrote:
are you fucking serious?

"
Delirium increases the difficulty and reward of all other Path of Exile content.

no, it doesn't. nothing about this is difficult other than attempting to avoid the nearly invisible particle effects that signal something that will instantly kill my character. that's called tedium, to the point that i've started skipping delirium encounters entirely

I've just stopped playing at all. It's all risk, no reward at all with invisible one-shots, grey/white/dark grey/black visuals that are stacked on top of each other and is somehow both tedious and rage-inducing at the same time.

I thought the black on black at the beginning of Meta was bad, but I stand corrected. Delirium feels like GGG wants us to play blindfolded and has chosen mechanics and visuals to ensure that we don't cheat by looking.

At first I was skipping delirium encounters, but now I'm just like "fuck it. Stick a fork in me."

Maybe I'll come back when the league is over, maybe not. Meta was a complete headache for me just trying to get the game not to crash, and Delirium has me going out of my way to AVOID having to play the league mechanic. I'm not sure I'm willing to stick around just because of the sunken cost fallacy.
Thank you for your efforts as usual, but please fix this lag league as it's totally unplayable specially when you pass thru the Mirror, and the mist starts. Even the regular gameplay gets regular lag spikes for whatever reason.
I really like the concept of this league. The different aspects of the league seem good, individually in a vacuum, but all together it's something I don't enjoy playing. The on death effects, the mist covering the ground, the slow down effects during Delirium, the rares with far more health and/or defenses than the respective boss mob from that map, the timer, choosing between looting and dying, none of those are a problem. But all together, at the same time, and the league is trash to play. It really feels like it was only tested on Beach or the Strand. On those types of straight maps it's no big deal doubling back after every single pack to grab loot but on nearly every other map it just turns into a huge waste of time. And that's not even considering the absurd number of obstacles in every map or non-linear layouts. Shield Charge to avoid death? Nope, stand still and die on a rock or crate I can't see. The reward I exchanged 10% of my level's xp for? A couple pieces of armor that don't even pass my semi-strict loot filter. Weee!

I've always hated hearing lazy players call for auto-loot and would rather see the mist just stick around until I die, the map ends, or I choose to turn it off, (like you've already mentioned you're adding). I would even expect GGG to tune the mobs far higher than current levels to make sure that I either back off and eventually stop the madness or risk certain death. The one thing that always draws me back to Diablo 3 is that the greater rifts scale far higher than I could possibly ever hope to beat. As it stands, this league feels like it wants to be that but isn't really sure how to pull it off.
"
Delirium Item Drop Vacuuming
We totally understand the feedback that Delirium makes you want to go fast and not pick up items, requiring you to then backtrack to grab anything decent that dropped.

There have been requests to accumulate all items that would drop and instead drop them at the end of the encounter. This is not how we want the game to be played. We have only done it in the past when it would have been impossible to access the items afterwards (if they're in an Incursion area, or in the darkness during a Delve). While it's tempting to take every opportunity to vacuum up all the items that drop and present them to you in one go, that is not how the core game loop of Action RPGs should function. In addition, even if we wanted to, it's not really even practical to vacuum an entire map worth of items and drop them in one place.

During our internal testing before release, we increased the length of time that Delirium encounters last so that players have extra time to pick up items as they go. Item filters help alert you to which items are important to grab, and we did intentionally compensate with extra time for you to do so.

I understand that and i agree.
Why you dont do that - if there is more than 25 items in the same place it would drop as one bag - as a visual only. Wouldn't it increase performance and reduce cluttering?
Time limits are A BAD MECHANIC. Will you STOP adding them. Second, for the love of everything put some actual rewards in your delirium encoutners. Doesnt have to be exalts. but something. If your going to put the hardest league mechanic to date in, at least make it rewarding to do it
"
Visibility
We have various ideas to improve visibility such as investigating improving colour grading, adding clearer effects to monsters with mods, improving skill effects and so on. We don't know exactly which set of these experiments will be deployed yet, but we do want to make it easier to see what's going on. Expect to see some improvements soon.

GGG, If the Ground is grey or red, just dont make the effect and spells of the same gradient. Is not that hard. The effect and ground effect need to CONTRAST with the background if the floor is red , make the effects blue, CONTRAST is the key.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info