[3.10] Unencumbered Brawler | Hollow Palm Technique | No Weapons/Gloves | High DPS

Anyone know what kind of build people are using when you look up one with nothing and cyclone on poe.ninja? All I see are people using the mjolnir gavels. No one is weaponless or gloveless
"
TYZILLA1 wrote:
Anyone know what kind of build people are using when you look up one with nothing and cyclone on poe.ninja? All I see are people using the mjolnir gavels. No one is weaponless or gloveless

They don't use them. They're just placeholders to level gems in them. When you equip them with say having high enough int to put them on and then remove the int needed so they're red and not used anymore making you unencumbered/unarmed again.
"
kreedzfreak wrote:
"
TYZILLA1 wrote:

They don't use them. They're just placeholders to level gems in them. When you equip them with say having high enough int to put them on and then remove the int needed so they're red and not used anymore making you unencumbered/unarmed again.

It's also about filling the slots, because if you forget and pick something up you auto equip it and then wonder why things suddenly got REALLY tanky. If you don't have something in at least the weapon slots, you have to open your inventory to weapon swap back and forth. Otherwise when you weapon swap it will swap to the weapon and then it cant swap back because it has nothing to swap to.

Last edited by Mistwalker on Apr 2, 2020, 9:39:09 AM
"
Mistwalker wrote:
"
kreedzfreak wrote:
"
TYZILLA1 wrote:

It's also about filling the slots, because if you forget and pick something up you auto equip it and then wonder why things suddenly got REALLY tanky. If you don't have something in at least the weapon slots, you have to open your inventory to weapon swap back and forth. Otherwise when you weapon swap it will swap to the weapon and then it cant swap back because it has nothing to swap to.

And to add to that: you can disable auto-equip in the settings. :)
"
bultraaas wrote:
"
jiggle fruit wrote:
I really wanted to use this as a league starter but one with nothing is expensive at least on console idk about pc. How would someone level with this build? Do you have to play with a weapon and other skill
Before you can go unarmed?

Okey folk - update. Nothing to update lol :D. Did everything EASY. Sirus 8 ? No problem killed it already 3-4 times a few deathless. Simulacrum 20 ? No problem, i farm it.
Played the imaple version with swords and i can tell u - this is cheaper and better. Go for the split personality if u have enough currency its insane..

That's awesome! I've been getting messages in game from people reporting the same. I have a ton of characters going this league. Starting next week I'll be putting out and writing up 2-4 of the builds, because of this thought I haven't been able to test this one at the higher bosses, so I'm glad to hear that even without being a high survivability build it's still working great :D

Been trying some things out as i've been stuck at 92 for awhile because i refuse to play safe, i'm missing some of the bezos level cluster jewels so i still have some talent points to play around with. Trying vaal pact right now and it seems to be really damn smooth. Wild wrap seems like a very minor dps increase at my current dex level, will see down the road. Haven't done anything crazy like sirus since i picked up VP, will report on how it goes.

Went with the min-maxed build and it's actually insane. One with Nothing is busted and I fully expect it to get tuned next league.
I did not roll with a duelist i went berzerker and it seems to be doing well all things considered. My tree is setup a little differently as well the only thing i'm lacking on is Life not currently running with a cyclopian coil as Im using a paraxis and wanted to save my exalts for getting the boots . so im at about 4k life at the moment going into T6 maps. Given all our power Im wondering if ill be able to do T11 on up once I get there and don't get discouraged and rolling something else ... but it is what it is . I'm moving forward with the knuckle punching ball breaking build .

Just did A8 Sirus. My fight mechanics are still a little clunky plus I'm still adjusting to some of the changes to the fight they made this league but otherwise, the damage is very nice. 14m Shaper DPS if I've killed recently, 12m otherwise. Many gear upgrades that are not crazy expensive still available.

Here is my gear:
Spoiler

Jewels are 7 Strength/Dex Split Personalities, One with Nothing (Cannot Be Maimed), Brawn (Cannot have Corrupted Blood), Fluid Motion (Cannot Be Hindered), and WE with Impale Double Damage chance.

The WE in the spot of the weakest Split Personality is more damage and life since you get so much flat life from the Strength and Garukhan boots. The mods that give more damage are in order from cheapest to most expensive single mods: Intimidate, Double Damage, 2 Impale Hits. 2 Impale hits only adds about 600k total DPS over the double damage one, so it doesn't really justify the huge price spike. Intimidate is more damage actually than Double Damage with the intimidate factored in, but I'm going to get Woke Melee Phys at some point which has Intimidate built into that.

Clusters biggest damage is from Deep Cuts. I have one Deep Cuts/Smite the Weak/Feed the Fury and one Deep Cuts/Smite the Weak Fuel the Fight. I actually like Fuel the Fight for no regen maps because it fills the mana for dashing out of dangerous situations. Last cluster needs to be replaced but has Deep Cuts/Smite the Weak.

"
Mistwalker wrote:

Been trying some things out as i've been stuck at 92 for awhile because i refuse to play safe, i'm missing some of the bezos level cluster jewels so i still have some talent points to play around with. Trying vaal pact right now and it seems to be really damn smooth. Wild wrap seems like a very minor dps increase at my current dex level, will see down the road. Haven't done anything crazy like sirus since i picked up VP, will report on how it goes.

Based on what I can tell from a quick POB import, you've got about 1100 Dex. Wildwrap will add nearly a million DPS just from filling out 7-8 Dex Split Personalities and reaching near or around 1700 Dex. I focused on getting the clusters filled with 2 Notable Clusters with 2 Jewels sockets and filling all slots with Dexterity first. The crit from the chest and small cluster notable aren't doing much for you either. You actually get more damage from one of the small passives on the big clusters instead of precise focus. Vaal Pact is solid but I do like having the regen option available personally. You do you of course, but it does conflict with your Sulphur flask and Garukhan regen. I use Basalt over Sulphur. Ultimately I'd probably get a Elreon ring over doing the crafts on two rings with Lucidity because Utmost Swiftness is just too big with the dex we're stacking.

Also, I'm selling these two jewels. I'm listing them for 2ex each on Trade currently but I'll sell both for 3ex if you tell me you're from this thread. The Devastator is a rare mod that gives a chance to explode which helps thin out exploding packs like rushing into Porcupine death bursts. Also helps whittle down packs a bit with our lower AoE.

Got to mapping with this build and so far I'm enjoying the mechanics around HPT and the dps it can bring but I'm not really the biggest fan of cyclone. What are some things I could go about in the links, items, and possibly the tree to adapt this for IB?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info