How the Delirium Launch Went

"
Osarna wrote:
You say you are listening to feedback but you clearly are not.

Time and time again we have raised the issue of visual clutter, one shots, exploding corpses and visuals that kill out FPS yet EVERY league you continue to disregard our issues and implement them.

How about you actually address why you keep putting these things in every league and totally disregarding our feedback?

Couldnt have said it better myself, 100% agreed.
GGG never learns. Get a QA team to help iron out this messy development.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I had countless crashes back to desktop without error messages. I am not the only one as you can see in the forums.

Apart from that I avoid the league mechanics. It is just not rewarding enough relative to its danger for hardcore players. And it's a bit too messy.
if you, ggg, read these comments at all, i'd like to say that this mist, and the effects from monsters attacks burn my pc to the hell, i have a decent PC, you know, nothing great, nothing terrible potato, but once i stat the delirium mist, and i go for more than 3 stacks of rewards, it gets to half a frame per sec, its literally a powerpoint presentation, i dont have such frame drops in any of poe mechanics, never. i even tried to lower the resolution to the minimum and put dynamic resolution to try and keep up atleast 25-30 frames, but it doesnt help. the mist just does its thing. I would like it(probably not only me) if you add some tabs in graphics menu that makes the effects of monster attacks less processsor and graphics heavy, somthing like blue or red circles on the ground instead of some blue-ish lava that flies towards you as it is now, also if we could have an option to totally remove the for, or atleast lower it down. Please i hope you read this, chris i will personally get myself tested and come to new zealand to suck your c*ck if you make the game actually playable on decent normal PCs

Edit: i forgot to say, i tested it with Geforce NOW, the nvidia platform that allowes you to play games on their PC's and it lags a tiny bit there as well, its still playable, but imagine that it slightly lags geforce PCs, now imagine what it does to normal people. my pc for example is i3-7100 3.9ghz dual core (yes a little bit dumb processor i know) 8 gig ram (on which im working on to get 8 more soon) and GTX 1050 TI 4gb graphics card. SSD and i have latest drivers, latest windows update, latest poe update.
Last edited by AgarthaDSO on Mar 16, 2020, 4:52:29 AM
All those people complaining about fps, crashes and such, must have potatoes PCs. For the guy above me with i3 and 1050ti, that's a low entry PC, not a medium one. You used that for office stuff not gaming.
Delirium is my second league im playing PoE, and I was amazed how well the league start went.

Had ONLY one disconnect, the 50k queue took 15 mins before getting in,a bit of lag in the first 1-2 hours, but everything else was butter smooth. And my setup is i7 7700k, 16gb ram and 1080 vcard, 3 years old already.

You said that Porcupines are bad design, now Delirium is full of on death effect.

You put red on red in the sirius fight, now you make a whole league grey on grey, players have no fucking idea of what is going on screen, what is killing them. If I don't open the map I can't even tell what is unpassable terrain.

It's honestly amazing how you guys at GGG NEVER learn from past leagues and aside from that how do you fuck up monster scaling so bad that they get 95% damage reduction, how the hell are we still at the point where you design something like Delirium but think that making players backtrack for loot is fine. There is something fundamentally wrong in your developement process if two core elements of your new league contrast each other so much.

And lets not fucking talk about idiotic debuffs like no recovery, so fucking lazy and uninspiring. One thing is to have reflect on maps, you can play around that, but how in the hell is a Vaal Pact build or Righteous Fire build gonna play around a no recovery malus in Delirium? You don't even know if it's gonna ne there.

"
Ravelex wrote:
All those people complaining about fps, crashes and such, must have potatoes PCs. For the guy above me with i3 and 1050ti, that's a low entry PC, not a medium one. You used that for office stuff not gaming.
Delirium is my second league im playing PoE, and I was amazed how well the league start went.

Had ONLY one disconnect, the 50k queue took 15 mins before getting in,a bit of lag in the first 1-2 hours, but everything else was butter smooth. And my setup is i7 7700k, 16gb ram and 1080 vcard, 3 years old already.

I do not have a cheap or old pc. It is less than one year old, so I am sure it not the PC.
My CPU: Intel i9-8950HK 2.90 GHz
My GPU: NVIDIA Quadro P4200

All drivers up to date.

This have been the only league for me with these big fps drops.
why are you not listening to your playerbase GGG?

We have another league with timer based nonsense, i thought we could combine both delirium and other leagues content but the timer makes it very hard to actually do that.
everywhere are volatile "corpses" in the fog exploding instantly at contact
everywhere are rippy enemys who can easily oneshot you

depending on the map the fog will be away before you get anything done, this might change when i get better gear ( its terrible of course its my first 70 char) but why
WHY
WHY WHY
why is there a timer at all? just give me a button to get out of the delirium,i dont get why you have to gate everything not just behind RNG but time too, as if there is not already enough pressure on us to follow a speed-faceroll-build

random explosions everywhere and poorly telegraphed killer attacks, fogs and client crashes, inconsistent damage and mob life
dual wielding is suddenly bugged (some have to switch weapons to get their actual dps)

you ve been told and told again that a three month cycle may NOT be the best idea, that one shots are stupid when they come not telegraphed and that explosion-cluster-fucks are not impressive but poor game design

FFS GGG...you can be glad that wolcens try to impress failed, otherwise i wouldnt even bother to write this all
"

why is there a timer at all? just give me a button to get out of the delirium,i dont get why you have to gate everything not just behind RNG but time too, as if there is not already enough pressure on us to follow a speed-faceroll-build

You know, there's actually a button to get out of Delirium, right? Or are you trolling. It's on bottom right'ish.
This league, just doesn´t do it for me.

The rewards are terrible, Blight was so fun, because we actually got a reward from doing it. But now, yes, I get a yellow item or two...

FPS issues I did not encounter yet and the PC is 10 years old, but maybe this shows when I reach maps.

The damage is insane though, I just don´t understand who is balancing the game these days. It get´s worse every league and I just don´t see why? You lose players like that, isn´t that clear to you?

During Blight league I invested quite some money into the game, but so far, I don´t see doing that again. Metamorph was already bad and now it seems even worse.

I just dislike league mechanics, that interrupt the gameplay and don´t offer rewards. Server issues I did never encounter in EU, so at least that is fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info