How the Delirium Launch Went

i really like this league! gj ggg!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
The added difficulty is welcome but there should be added benefits of drops while you are in delirium (maps dropping?), not just some trash rares at the end.
What gpu and cpu you are on is not the whole deal, the hard drive is also important, as well as the clutter on that drive and how much space it has to memory swap etc. The next thing that also causes issues is the server performance, from server load to bugs to your own routing and connection.

I think people have no idea how to distinguish one from the other.

ps, you can press F1 and turns stats on, for those that don't know about it.

99 out of 100 times when I get stutter it has nothing to do with frame time or fps, it almost always is latency. Which is also logical, people expect to have 100% smooth experience all the time no matter what data is being sent/received.... Right, Id like to know what future you come from that this kind of internet exists. And upload download speed has nothing to do with packet loss, jitter, etc. Your ping is not determined alone from how out of this world your download and upload speeds are.

Lastly, the "i tried it on said rig that should have no issues" tells us nothing at all. For all we know all these issues are internet related and you tried both rigs from similar routing.

Im running the game on my gtx 1060 6gb. Here is the kicker, because I spend lots of time grinding and on the pc, and see no reason for excess power and heating unless I need it, Im running the card 60degrees limit (Celsius) and the power limit of the card is at 50%. LOOOOOL. Im practically running the game at half a card and have zero issues.

More often than not, even in other games (great example being Quake that is not optimized in the best way and needs a lot of personal tweaking on your end to punch out the 120+fps on high visuals) 9 out of 10 people with complaints are people on rigs that have one issue or another. Ive tried this game on a crap gt 730 (my old rig) and with low graphics played the same.

Just gets utterly frustrating when people are giving half the picture of what their rig is, what temperatures its running on, what memory (I got good cpu and gpu bro, im good! meanwhile memory is balls), what disc drive and what is even on that disc drive, zero information about their routing times, and make claims that the game doesnt run good.

Well, if you put a ferrari engine in a yugo chances are it will blow up.

Great league GGG, loving every second of it. Servers feel a little on the lower end performance wise, and I am also cool with that, I am estimating around 150k peak ccu users on the game which will naturally strain most servers. Steam alone is around a daily of 110k ccu, and there are at the very minimum another 50k ccu not on steam.

Great work I say. From content, to visual upgrades, to the league mechanic itself, to performance... GGG, you are always pushing the boundaries with this game. A true heaven for arpg lovers. Nothing comes even close to this.

ps. I am using a flicker strike build. LOL. that alone lags the game and causes issues usually. And still running fine with 2 crashes so far over 21hrs played. With the current server loads? Id take that as a win.

ps2, most of that time was along side in a party with my bro who is running a necromancer minion build. LOL. FS with Necro, and we still have no issues xD

Im seriously having a hard time believing the sincerity of half of these complaints.
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Mar 16, 2020, 1:22:39 PM
I've read through a lot of the comments and suggestions and came up with a list of changes that I think are reasonable.

1. Make the fog more opaque and have some ground effects ignore the fog. Like abyss fractures in the ground.

2. Slow down the fog a bit.

3. More variety in rewards. Possibly combine the rare armor and jewelry rewards into one.

4. Tone down damage across the board for the mechanic.

5. Loot explosion for all loot after the mechanic is over. Including the rewards and monster drops.
"
cefer1234 wrote:
I've read through a lot of the comments and suggestions and came up with a list of changes that I think are reasonable.

1. Make the fog more opaque and have some ground effects ignore the fog. Like abyss fractures in the ground.

2. Slow down the fog a bit.

3. More variety in rewards. Possibly combine the rare armor and jewelry rewards into one.

4. Tone down damage across the board for the mechanic.

5. Loot explosion for all loot after the mechanic is over. Including the rewards and monster drops.

1. Disagree completely, dont do that. unless you want to add it as a visual option (as in low effects or something)

edit- to further elaborate on this point, this visual is one of the most captivating aspects about the whole league with regards to immersion. I absolutely love it. I don't want to be playing just a buff mechanic onto things, the fact that this whole place is turned into this foggy encounter is just... finger licking good. Love the look of it, and surprised at the performance of it. Even small things like dashing in it and pushing the fog aside where you dashed... Its just brilliant.

Many of us I would add play this arpg so we can be immersed in the world, not just chase items and objectives. This suggestion does nothing for immersion, and only makes the game feel more like a game rather than a world.

I thought I elaborate as to why I am so against this point.

2. Hmmm... Yeah Id be ok with this I think. Not too much though, the rush is nice so far for me but you might be right.

3. Yeah this one is something I agree on.

4. So far its good for me. Feels like a challenge, but that is kind of the point of pushing the fog as much as you can. Don't know how much i agree to this one.

5. That would be neat. Agreed.
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Mar 16, 2020, 1:11:33 PM
Gj GGG.
Last edited by epicfryingpan on Mar 16, 2020, 1:29:43 PM
I would also like to add something to those people complaining about the one shots.

Although I have clearly still a long way to go with regards to the league so I am not 100% on this, but so far, I can say perhaps as a suggestion, that the league has a learning curve. I think this might be the bigger issue.

I was getting one shot quite a bit too as I learned the encounters, and began to notice several encounters that charge up attacks that one simply should not stand still for. Ive even seen those shadow thingy encounters and at the beginning thought they where enemies, from what I gathered they are not, I noticed I could not hit them, and they spawned and done an attack that almost always one shot me then disappeared.

Maybe I can kill them but I aint good enough, maybe not, idk, the point is, after starting to understand encounters more (so far at least) my one shot has dropped to almost none at all. It takes a lot more repositioning than I initially thought. At which point I am ok with all the one shots so far, and welcome them, as they become mechanics I need to learn rather than the game being broken, and once learned can be countered. Again, so far at least.

Just a suggestion that perhaps this is what many are complaining about. In which case, GGG, don't touch those one shots. its what makes the encounter feel more dangerous and interesting and asks from you as a player to do more than just run content without even thinking.
this league is great, mobs are dangerous again

I had to readjust my playstyle from minimal defense max offense glass cannon to a more balanced approach

rewards feel a little lack luster after the loot explosions of metamorph though
I guess the five day wait for console release is actually a bonus as GGG will have the game fixed for us by then 🤣🤣
I'm loving delerum.............. from standard lulz
Formally [Removed by Support] as my STANDARD map stash got frakked

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info