[3.16*] For Scion - Goddess Sword Spinning in Flurry (Cyclone + Blade Flurry + Frost Blades)

I love this build but I do have one question. What does the raider ascendency bring to the build? since cyclone has built-in Phasing. Is it taken for utility or does it add damage in some way?
Hey there,
I've played the first version of this build (or at least, the previous version) with Molten Shell / Wild Strike and I loved it, so thank you for that. In fact, it's what made me want to try it again.

Howwever I have two questions:
- Why Frost Blades over Wild Strike? Just switching the skills in PoB gives the same dps, so is there a clear advantage somewhere else?
- I don't really like Blade Furry (having to build up the stages means less leech, meams you're vulnerable until then and if you need to move it's back to 0). Nothing too serious, but can another skill be used as effectively?
This build looks interesting, but I have some questions as well. What is the purpose of Cyclone in this when Frost Blades is also listed for clear?
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. --Kurt Vonnegut
Hello guys,

Can this build be played only with 2 of the skills?
Let's say Frost blades + Blade Flurry?
Investing in 3x 6L for new players like me will be hard since we are still discovering the game.

Thank you!!
I'd say that if you want to remove one skill, Cyclone is probably the one to go.

There are however two things to consider I think:
- You don't really need a six-link for Cyclone. I mean it's nice and all, but I went up to T5 maps (before I died like a moron) and killed Baran with it just fine on a 4-link. Furthermore, considering the number of 5L you get with Rituals, it should be more than enough for a long while.

- I find that Cyclone is really good to have in some situations. I'm playing Hardcore and there are cases where standing still just won't do: for some bosses (like Baran for example), abysses or rituals, being able to move in and out (or around), while still attacking (and thus leeching life) is a very nice thing to have.

So if you only want to play with one Oni-Goroshi, then yeah, dropping the Cyclone makes sense. If you want to play with two, I don't think there's any reason to drop it, particularly if you're playing Hardcore.
Got a few questions regarding skill gem levels

Im guessing Enduring cry is meant to be level 3 right?

Why is Damage of Full Life Support level 1?

Why is Ancestral Call Support level 14?

Theres are other skills that are not quite level 20 and some have quality at 5%, 7% etc are these supposed to be fully leveled

Please can you shred some clarity on these skill gems

Having fun with this build by the way
im confused as to how the damage in this build works

are blade flurry and cyclone damage being converted to 100% fire damage because i dont see any node or gem doing the conversion.

the gems setup and gears are more focused towards fire damage, does that mean frost blade damage will scale off in end game because we're not getting stats to increase cold damage?

"
Venseth wrote:
Got a few questions regarding skill gem levels

Im guessing Enduring cry is meant to be level 3 right?

Why is Damage of Full Life Support level 1?

Why is Ancestral Call Support level 14?

Theres are other skills that are not quite level 20 and some have quality at 5%, 7% etc are these supposed to be fully leveled

Please can you shred some clarity on these skill gems

Having fun with this build by the way

The gems are just for reference. You will want to get the gems to level 20.

Only exception will be CWDT (level 1) + Wave of Conviction (level 7) and Immortal Call (level 5).

"
Coldmoonn wrote:
im confused as to how the damage in this build works

are blade flurry and cyclone damage being converted to 100% fire damage because i dont see any node or gem doing the conversion.

the gems setup and gears are more focused towards fire damage, does that mean frost blade damage will scale off in end game because we're not getting stats to increase cold damage?

The build does not go for 100% fire conversion. Magmatic Strikes provide 40% conversion. Oni Goroshi itself will grant 123% extra fire damage. You can use a Watcher's Eye that grant fire conversion when affected by Anger. With a crafted 25% fire conversion rare gloves, you will be able to achieve 100% conversion.

For Frostblade, though it has cold damage component, it will mostly deal fire damage because of Oni-Goroshi.

P.S. Skill tree and POB is now updated to 3.14.
skill trees are for other classes. could you pls share scion tree
"
Turkmonk wrote:
skill trees are for other classes. could you pls share scion tree

I am confused. The skill tree is for Scion. You can look at the ascendancy.

When you complete Uber lab, you will pick a new starting point from the skill tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info