[3.10] VOIDFORGE Chains of Command (75/75 block, 6K+ life), Cheap 12.5M dps, all content.

So which one should i go for, Scion or Necromancer in the current state of the game?
Is the normal animated weapon Helm enchantment working fpr this?
Because i cant find a sepcific one with animated guardians weapon.
Guess this build is dead. or anybody still playing it to give some help?

The 3 that were giving tips have their characters naked or with other build (spectres)
Last edited by Syrniael on May 17, 2020, 9:31:38 PM
"
muellerman wrote:

Would like to know this also, want to upgrade helm with enchant.

"
Syrniael wrote:
Guess this build is dead. or anybody still playing it to give some help?

The 3 that were giving tips have their characters naked or with other build (spectres)

I'll see if I can help, started this char last week, hit 92 today. So far taking on most things with minimal deaths. The build is still really good and cheap. Maybe like 2-4ex of gear including the guardian gear so far.
"
OmniMax wrote:
I'll see if I can help, started this char last week, hit 92 today. So far taking on most things with minimal deaths. The build is still really good and cheap. Maybe like 2-4ex of gear including the guardian gear so far.

ok, what is the full stuff of your AG? and, do I have to put gems in his stuff as aura or something like this? (yea sorry if this sound dumb but who knows...)
"
muellerman wrote:

Jorrhast's Blacksteel is working with animated guardian's weapon so the helm enchantment should work likewise.
"
Syrniael wrote:
"
OmniMax wrote:

ok, what is the full stuff of your AG? and, do I have to put gems in his stuff as aura or something like this? (yea sorry if this sound dumb but who knows...)

You don't need gems in the items for your AG, some items for your AG are mentioned in the first posting of this thread:

"Weapon: Voidforge, obviously. Until then, Terminus est, or DreamFeather or Wasp's Nest.

Helmet: Mask of the Stitched Demon for reasons discussed above. Leer cast is good until then.

Body armor: A body armor (from whatever base) with 10% of life gained as Energy Shield. You also want as much res as possible.

Gloves: Either southbond (the AG is killing through dots anyway) for the increased life, or rare gloves with a lot of resistance

Boots: Victario flight is nice for the aura MS, but a rare with res is good enough as well.

You need resistances. The bare minimum is 75%, but you may want more so your AG can be cursed without decreasing his resistances (or else, it can be dangerous)."

This char was my league starter and it's a great char to start a league (manually summoning the animated weapons until level 70 is a bit annyoing bu tolerable). With a few ex of investment you can achieve many things in the game. I've switchted after a month to another chat cause I had some problems to scale the char for the late endgame.
Last edited by _Deadly_ on May 19, 2020, 6:04:45 PM
"
_Deadly_ wrote:

This char was my league starter and it's a great char to start a league (manually summoning the animated weapons until level 70 is a bit annyoing bu tolerable). With a few ex of investment you can achieve many things in the game. I've switchted after a month to another chat cause I had some problems to scale the char for the late endgame.

How bad is the scaling exactly? Im wanting to play this as my 3rd build for the league so I'm investing some currency, but I don't want to hit a wall
"
Hawkcohen wrote:
"
_Deadly_ wrote:

How bad is the scaling exactly? Im wanting to play this as my 3rd build for the league so I'm investing some currency, but I don't want to hit a wall

Well, for example I had problems after dying in wave 20 simulacrum cause while being 100% gelirious I wasn't able to summon more than 4 or 5 weapon copies at once and that is far too low for fighting wave 20.

Regarding DPS many other minion builds are superior, but it has been a great league starter. You don't need a six link (oly six sockets) and the most expensive items have been Voidforge and Mask of the Stitched Demon (oaid less than an exalted orb in the first days after Delirium started).

T16 maps are absolutely no problem, but for me harder bosses have been. They are surely also doable with this build but I'm not the best boss killer^^

Had a blast playing this in Harvest league so I thought I'd add my POB here for anyone to give this a try. https://pastebin.com/t857h16G

Despite warnings of nerfs in the op this still does a truck load of single target damage Sirus and Simulacrum were easy deathless. Elder was a joke with 14 1m+ dps swords surrounding him. Clear is ok but gets to be much better with enought minion movespeed and Asenaths.

Spoiler

There is quite a few changes I've made so I'll cover some in brief. Firstly as mentioned in the op I'm running Necro not Scion because flask recharge is available from the tree/cluster jewels. Additional recharge also comes from my timeless jewel which gives The Traitor keystone replacing Agnostic (which you'll need to disable to see my ES btw). I only used 4 flasks when mapping and then dropped quicksilver for 3 when doing sirus for even more recharge.

The jewel gives 8% life, lots of dex and 10% increased flask charges gained. If you don't roll a good mod with this on the dynamo notable then it would be better not to take it though the guard duration is nice (2.6 sec immortal call).

Gems have changed a fair bit, I don't bother with multiple spells to proc exposure as it took far too much space. Instead elemental army lets animate guardian proc all 3 types of exposure, only at 10% but it is a lot more consistent. The build now uses lightning damage from storm brand, tempest shield and shield charge to proc ele equilibrium. Removed ele focus from the main links also as we do shock decently due to voidforge. I don't use Feeding Frenzy as I prefer Meat Shield and there is no room left for both. I've added awakened gems to the setup (except multistike that costs too much) the only mandatory one though is Melee Physical Damage as this adds intimidate.

For animate guardian Asenaths Gentle Touch has to be one of the greatest clear speed boosts since it is pretty much like other builds when they get an explosion chest. The kills from the explosion also count as your guardians kills for the purposes of summoning weapons too. You will need a source of +1 curse on the guardian or your amulet for these to work though, windscream is a good cheap choice.

The guardian chest should have these 3 mods at minimum:
- Gain (9-10)% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield (crafted)
- Decent Chaos Resistance
- Gain 1 Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently (from Warlord Influence)
The endurance mod along with corrupted windscreams means 4 endurance charges really easily and gives a ton of phys defense many guardians lack. Warlord chests also have some %life regen and %life recovery mods you can roll which are nice too. I had intended to replace my chest with a double influenced chest to either get +1 curse there and replace windscreams or to add ele reflect immunity. Never got around to it though.

If you feel you aren't summoning enough weapons then wep swap to Jorrhasts. Also make sure not to spam too fast as there is a small cooldown on the skill, drain your flasks then let them return to full before using again to take advantage of ryslatha recharge.

A note on leveling, I started the league with this build and haven't played any others. I started with a mishmash of minions and then stuck with Spectres, Zombies, Carrion Golem and Phantasms. Only switched at late 70s when I got:
- Terminus Est
- Mask of the Stitched Demon (got lucky with Alva T3 sacrifice room)
- Amulet annointed and Life as Extra ES chest (bought from trade)
- Level 18+ Animate Guardian + support gems

Lastly I will say frenzy charge generation is so-so, if GGG adds a new shield to buff minions or lightning skill that hits more frequently that would be great!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info