[3.10] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Full Simulacrum Clear)

I'm a little concerned with the survivability on this build, even outside of Delirium. I made your freezing pulse build last league and for some reason it didn't feel as squishy as this one is. Maybe it's not doing as much damage as freeze pulse? I just don't think 3 endurance charges, MoM, and CWDT is enough of a defensive buffer. I have around 4k HP and 3.3k mana.

I'm not sure what compromises were made to allocate the 9 passives for the cluster jewels, but I'm not seeing enough of a damage increase to warrant it. I'm considering saving judgment until I get the 2 Anguish rings though, but I'm a bit hesistant on investing that much more currency into the build.
Hi guys, it's my second league and it's working fine for now (act 8) so thanks.

Thanks to delirium, I was able to farm currency early and buy a skin of the loyal, goldrim, shoes etc. Delirium got easier after that and I started getting a shitload of large cluster jewel.

How nice are these for this build? I'm still a noob so I'm not sure if it's worthy of a lot of skill points

(Cremator 30% increased Fire Damage
Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill
Corrosive elements : Fire Skills have a 25% chance to apply Fire Exposure on Hit
Cold Skills have a 25% chance to apply Cold Exposure on Hit
Lightning Skills have a 25% chance to apply Lightning Exposure on Hit
15% increased Elemental Damage
Sadist: 15% increased Elemental Damage if you've Chilled an Enemy Recently
25% increased Elemental Damage if you've Shocked an Enemy Recently
20% increased Elemental Damage if you've Ignited an Enemy Recently
Widespread destruction : 20% increased Elemental Damage
10% increased Area of Effect)

(Prismatic heart : 30% increased Elemental Damage
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
Widespread destruction : 20% increased Elemental Damage
10% increased Area of Effect))

Got this too if I want to switch to ice totem.

Last edited by hydre57 on Mar 20, 2020, 3:33:58 PM
do gloves with % increased Projectile Attack Damage help with holy flame totems?
or should I get warlord gloves with culling strike on them? I really want to put culling strike in the build somewhere
Last edited by PapaSmurfbk on Mar 20, 2020, 9:35:42 PM
Thanks. Its really the best character for a league start!
Thanks alot for a well made guide for this build, currently lvl 71 and using it.
Currently killing whatever i want with ease.. downside would be the speed.

Might Exchange some dpsnodes for movementspeed in the end but thats just coz i like to go fast .
"
Odenklev wrote:
downside would be the speed.

Might Exchange some dpsnodes for movementspeed in the end but thats just coz i like to go fast .

I'm planning on using a lvl 1 phase run with 20% quality for an extra 40% movement speed as long as you don't need to cast anything whilst it's being used.

If you want a bit extra then getting more dex will allow you to level it up further but it's quite a lot of dex (155 for lvl 20) for only 9% extra movement speed.

Otherwise you can maybe consider getting some AS and just shield charging around.

It sounds like you are enjoying the build though. I think it will take me at least another week or two to get the bits I want to start it going. Already have a few but not getting a ton of time to play atm. Looking forward to it though.
"
Pipnotiq wrote:
I'm a little concerned with the survivability on this build, even outside of Delirium. I made your freezing pulse build last league and for some reason it didn't feel as squishy as this one is. Maybe it's not doing as much damage as freeze pulse? I just don't think 3 endurance charges, MoM, and CWDT is enough of a defensive buffer. I have around 4k HP and 3.3k mana.

I'm not sure what compromises were made to allocate the 9 passives for the cluster jewels, but I'm not seeing enough of a damage increase to warrant it. I'm considering saving judgment until I get the 2 Anguish rings though, but I'm a bit hesistant on investing that much more currency into the build.

I am in the exact same situation. Im af SSF Lvl 89 and not progressing (lvl wise) due to deaths.

4.2K life and 3.2K mana.

The damage is there, but I am considering changing build due to too many deaths.

Are there any transformations of this build (brand non-crit) perhaps, or should I just start a new char? I'm confused

How is this jewel?
"

I am in the exact same situation. Im af SSF Lvl 89 and not progressing (lvl wise) due to deaths.

4.2K life and 3.2K mana.

The damage is there, but I am considering changing build due to too many deaths.

Are there any transformations of this build (brand non-crit) perhaps, or should I just start a new char? I'm confused

I've not really ever thought of a Hiero totem build as being super tanky. You don't get access to leech and your regen tends to be in the ok to good range but never RF Jugg range. This league I have been finding Vaal Molten Shell to be great for tougher parts of Delirium encounters on my minion build but this totem build doesn't really have a good way of cramming armour into the build either.

FWIW Freeze Pulse totems may be a bit safer:

1. Pretty much everything is almost instantly frozen. Frozen enemies tend to hit you less!! Not sure about how this is with delirium - be worth checking if Delirium either has lots of freeze immune mobs or makes normal enemies under delirium freeze immune.

2. It shatters most things so few on death effects go off, ie: porcupines.

3. You become unaffected by curses so no need to cap for ele weakness or even run a curse removal flask at all. You can either get shock immunity or just get a granite of iron skin that will probably let you use VMS for a reasonable amount.

HFT is really nice to league start as it doesn't require any uniques to get going and has good damage from the outset. Freeze Pulse totems needs a soul mantle (ideally 6-linked), 2 Kikazaru rings & a Self-Flagellation jewel to become "optimal". So SSF players are probably going to struggle early on to make Wallach's FP totems version and would need to chance quite a few items unless they get lucky with drops.

Freeze Pulse Totems also allows for a high budget option utilising the "very expensive" Atziri's Reflection unique shield and then gets access to low life spell damage as well as 1 or 2 aura's and then associated Watcher's Eyes. If you want to sink a lot of currency into a totem build and see your damage skyrocket then FP totems is pretty good in that regard.

I'm going to be very interested to see how I fair when it comes to leveling this build. I may even level as something else and then switch to totems later on once I have got to lvl 92 or so which is where my tree has gotten most of the "juicy" stuff. I'm not really planning on doing cluster jewels other than seeing how the unique one works and if it is worth it for 4 points.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Mar 22, 2020, 5:22:59 AM
Hello, I just wanted to say that Winds of Change + Karui Ward synergize well together as a budget option, for both damage and clearing (projectile speed).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info