[3.10] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Full Simulacrum Clear)

Hello Wallach, got a question. Which gear should I use between Atlas and Shaper? Because I know I have to rush the Shaper, buy and craft gear to achieve the full power of the build, but before that? How I am supposed to face the Shaper without the Shaped gear you are recommending?
"
Telgum wrote:
How I am supposed to face the Shaper without the Shaped gear you are recommending?

haha. No need for melodrama. Shaper isnt end game, and you don't need Eternity Shround+ shaped pieces to get to and kill Shaper.
"
PapaSmurfbk wrote:
what do you think of the Tukohama's Fortress Ebony Tower Shield ?

I tried it, dropped it immediately. You'd need to overhaul this build considerably because mana is such a big part of it. Even as a starter, it's not good imo because you lose a lot of survivability.

I picked up a shaper shield with +1 totems for around 35c. The rest of the shield is terrible but the +1 totems is a huge boost and well worth not dealing with Blood Magic.
"
Telgum wrote:
Hello Wallach, got a question. Which gear should I use between Atlas and Shaper? Because I know I have to rush the Shaper, buy and craft gear to achieve the full power of the build, but before that? How I am supposed to face the Shaper without the Shaped gear you are recommending?

Just to be clear, you don't need to fight the Shaper at all. Aside from just trading with other players, you can use things like Shaper Scarabs to apply Shaper influence to maps, which will cause those maps to drop Shaper influenced rares. You can also get Shaper influence items from certain Legion incubators. There are no specific items we need from the Shaper himself. And really you don't need any Shaper influence items at all, the shield is just beneficial to the build since it will give you an extra totem.
"
Wallach wrote:
Spoiler
Yes - I mention this in the video update, but forgot to spell this out explicitly in the guide. There is basically an open 3-link in your off-hand; there are a bunch of utility options for this link right now, the most logical of which is probably some kind of Blade Blast setup for cheapest access to Unnerve. But you could also setup a golem, some kind of trap setup to generate charges, etc. You also need to have a spot open for your Herald of Ash if you wind up moving to a pair of Circle of Anguish rings, so maybe you make it an Enlighten chain so you could put up something like rank 1 Clarity or Precision for Watcher's Eye considerations. It's just going to depend on what your play style suits and what kind of effects you are already getting from gear (or cluster jewels, in the case of Unnerve).

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking I couldn't count. :)

I would like to put in something passive, or at least mostly passive, because I simply cannot manage a lot of stuff at once. And since I'm going SSF, my gear is what drops for me.

One other question, though. You mention it may be more comfortable to put off taking Ancestral Bond until after Cruel Lab / Ritual of Awakening. And Mind over Matter is delayed until after the mana nodes in the Witch area. What about Avatar of Fire? Is there any reason to delay taking it? (Assuming I'm using a fire or fire/physical spell for self cast.)
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Last edited by CelticHound on Mar 15, 2020, 3:32:09 PM
OK so I'm running the build with 100% fire conversion and no avatar of fire. I got 25% fire conversion on my gloves and 10% on the node next to explosive impact. It's an additional 3 skill points (4 really because explosive impact I'm going to take too) which I think will be worth it in the end. Right now with day 3 gear it's only ~1k extra damage, but I'm hoping to scale for more. You could maybe get 35% conversion on gloves (temple mod + jun craft?) idk I've seen in standard but definitely not day 3 if they're even a thing.
I want to say thanks for the update to this build - so far it's doing pretty decently especially since I haven't play any totem builds for at least a year.

Also I like to make things difficult (and I didn't want to be male char) I tweaked it to run as a Scion. After Uber Lab the build will be nearly identical with a minor dps hit.

Playing with Cluster Jewels is very interesting - socketed my first large jewel and working on earning points so I can socket the small Lone Messenger.
<3
Wallach
Thank for updating build!
What do you think about Infernal Mantle and The Tactician for this build?
Wallach, firstly, thanks for giving us these kind of well organised and quality guides..

At the moment im lv 79 and doing t4-6 maps; clear speed is fine and bossing is also fine but my char is so squishy that is not allowed me go around safe especially in delirium.

Its totally fine to sacrifice some dps for me.. i just wanna see the endgame this time but its obvious that without any specific defensive investment i wont be able to see .. again.

what d u suggest to buy or where to go on skill tree temporarly ?
Thank for this build. Its my leaguestarter and Im running it with those items atm:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info