[3.12] Devon's CoC Bladefall + BB Assassin | Reflect Immune | 3M+ DPS

"
Check again, it's set to 5%. Aka the minimal value applied when criting, which I'm doing 100% of the time. Please don't accuse wrongly.

Not entirely sure what you even mean here, as PoB has never had any method of setting exact shock value. Unless you have some sort of fork version of PoB that most of us do not. Using your pastebin on front page:
https://pastebin.com/r8p4Cau7

Shock is checked off which inflates your average hits from 238k to 331k which is definitely not near 5%

On a side-note, critical hits are no longer guaranteed to apply the minimum shock value. You still need to deal enough lightning damage, which again, you probably don't. As per the wiki:

The base duration of shock is 2 seconds and its effect is determined based on to the amount of Lightning damage dealt relative to the enemy's ailment threshold. Shock's effect is capped at 50%. Shock's minimum effect is 5%; any shock of lesser effect than that is discarded. The effect of shock is calculated using the following formula:[1]

A minimum shock on shaper is something like 40k damage iirc and you are doing like 1-2k so i stand by my original accusations.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Mar 18, 2020, 3:16:10 PM
"
KooperT wrote:
Not entirely sure what you even mean here, as PoB has never had any method of setting exact shock value. Unless you have some sort of fork version of PoB that most of us do not. Using your pastebin on front page:

Everyone except you is using the localidentity fork. The future is now old man.

"
KooperT wrote:
Shock is checked off which inflates your average hits from 238k to 331k which is definitely not near 5%

If you were using localidentity's fork you would see that it indeed is 5% and that you're spouting nonsense.

"
KooperT wrote:
On a side-note, critical hits are no longer guaranteed to apply the minimum shock value. You still need to deal enough lightning damage, which again, you probably don't. As per the wiki:

The base duration of shock is 2 seconds and its effect is determined based on to the amount of Lightning damage dealt relative to the enemy's ailment threshold. Shock's effect is capped at 50%. Shock's minimum effect is 5%; any shock of lesser effect than that is discarded. The effect of shock is calculated using the following formula:[1]

A minimum shock on shaper is something like 40k damage iirc and you are doing like 1-2k so i stand by my original accusations.

Even with ticking it off the average damage is 300k x 7.38 = ? (that's right do the math). Even without the 5% more from shock it's still 2.2mil.

Additionaly, I didn't even need to refute your accusations since you're using the outdated poearl PoB and all your "accusations" are by default void (but I still did, just for fun).
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Mar 18, 2020, 4:34:45 PM
"
KooperT wrote:
"
Check again, it's set to 5%. Aka the minimal value applied when criting, which I'm doing 100% of the time. Please don't accuse wrongly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/

Most everyone started using this awhile ago bro, you're running on outdated info.
I have a doubt, why do you choose a shield over a dagger? Because he can provide more ES?
Hey just want to say I love the build so far!
Quick question since I am using the spell totem on boots variation of bladeblast. When I hover over the arcane surge support it says it doesn't have an effect with the bladeblast or am I misinterpreting it? And also if it does work, do we keep that arcane surge at a lower level or max it at level 20?

Last edited by lGuillianl on Mar 18, 2020, 10:58:31 PM
"
lGuillianl wrote:
Hey just want to say I love the build so far!
Quick question since I am using the spell totem on boots variation of bladeblast. When I hover over the arcane surge support it says it doesn't have an effect with the bladeblast or am I misinterpreting it? And also if it does work, do we keep that arcane surge at a lower level or max it at level 20?

You might be right about that but arcane surge shouldn't be there at all! I forgot to replace it, use: controlled destruction, increased critical damage and PCOC. There is no way we will use 340 mana for a totem anyway.
Good eye and ty (updated PoB and guide with the new support gem).

"
joaovicini wrote:
I have a doubt, why do you choose a shield over a dagger? Because he can provide more ES?

Yes, more ES and more block. If you don't think you need ES then use a dagger. But the build is fairly squishy as is, so I wouldn't recommend replacing the shield.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Last edited by devon752 on Mar 19, 2020, 3:19:48 AM
Okay I may feel super silly when you answer this question but I can't figure out how you activate both herald of ash and vaal discipline with blood magic. With my setup it only allows me to activate one and I can't activate low life with just one.

EDDIITTTT: so I feel really stupid, ignore what I said! I didn't notice you had an extra node on the top right for reduced mana reservation.

But I'm not entirely sure what other flasks to use so I'm currently using this, do you have any better recommendations?
Last edited by lGuillianl on Mar 20, 2020, 2:38:11 AM
"
lGuillianl wrote:
Okay I may feel super silly when you answer this question but I can't figure out how you activate both herald of ash and vaal discipline with blood magic. With my setup it only allows me to activate one and I can't activate low life with just one.

EDDIITTTT: so I feel really stupid, ignore what I said! I didn't notice you had an extra node on the top right for reduced mana reservation.

But I'm not entirely sure what other flasks to use so I'm currently using this, do you have any better recommendations?

Haha no problem man, that node is kinda sneaky :D

And nope, those 3 uniques are my choices as well (in PoB), the 2 empty slots are for utility flasks of your choice. Diamond is great if you're starting out a reflect map and need some crit boost before you get all power charges (since crits avoid reflect), quicksilver is nice for movement, you can also go for a granite. There are options.
Just out of curiosity, what is the reasoning behind:

"If you don't have any cooldown reduction aim for 6.06 attack speed or less!
If you have at least 14% cooldown reduction aim for 7.57 attack speed or less!
(as close as you can get to those numbers but not more!)"

Also what is the point of a life flask if all of your HP is reserved?

Thanks for the guide, loving the build!
I feel a bit stupid, but how do you get to use two auras on blood magic? I have the reduced mana reserved point, but still, it's not enough for both of them...

PS: Nvm, got it.
Last edited by h1k3n on Mar 20, 2020, 7:14:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info