[3.13] Doomfletch Split Arrow Mines - Starter Viable - End Game Capable - High Damage, Low Budget

Started playing this - levelling with a bit of twink gear was super easy, and helps when 6l doomfletch is dirt cheap.
Not using barrage set up at all at the moment as I'm levelling a load of anomalous split arrows on the swap bow. Probably should have got a replica maloney quiver to level some more. Probbaly not worth at all for a single extra arrow, but why not.

Got a few cute bits of gear, that aren't particularly effective

Bought the linked, and 6% increased effect on a royal bow. Was a lot harder to scour/chance than I expected. Probably not worth it unless you have minmaxed everything, and then a corrupted bow might be better.

The talisman changes mean there are potentially good ones out there.
saves me 2 points, plus is 2 pierces rather than 1 which helps a little on clear.
But no crit multi roll - if there was 30+ multi on tree for 2 points we would take it. Was only 10c though, so will use until I have points to spare and try and get a GG amulet.

"
Carlovski wrote:
Dumb question about the build - states that getting a point blank corruption ads 'tons' of damage. But surely if you do that, you still have to use 2 points to get pierce?
You do get 2 lots of 10% proj damage, but that can't be that impactful?

If you could avoid pathing down that way at all, might be worth, but you miss out on wind dancer if you do that.

It's sixes. Either 2 points for PB on the tree and Pierce from the Quiver, or 2 points for 20% increased Proj Damage and 1 pierce from the tree, and PB from the Quiver. Taking pierce on the tree is 20% increased damage better, so that's what I go for. Used to be better because the Pierce wheel was in range of a Coated Shrapnel, but oh well.

As for that side, it hurts life to skip it, and Wind Dancer is really good. I don't think you could find equal defensive value anywhere else on the tree for the 8 points you spend.

"
Carlovski wrote:
Started playing this - levelling with a bit of twink gear was super easy, and helps when 6l doomfletch is dirt cheap.
Not using barrage set up at all at the moment as I'm levelling a load of anomalous split arrows on the swap bow. Probably should have got a replica maloney quiver to level some more. Probbaly not worth at all for a single extra arrow, but why not.

Got a few cute bits of gear, that aren't particularly effective

Bought the linked, and 6% increased effect on a royal bow. Was a lot harder to scour/chance than I expected. Probably not worth it unless you have minmaxed everything, and then a corrupted bow might be better.

The talisman changes mean there are potentially good ones out there.
saves me 2 points, plus is 2 pierces rather than 1 which helps a little on clear.
But no crit multi roll - if there was 30+ multi on tree for 2 points we would take it. Was only 10c though, so will use until I have points to spare and try and get a GG amulet.

Yeah, if you can get a good amulet with the pierce base, go for it! Saving 2 points is super nice. It'll hurt to lose the Mine Throw Speed craft though, if you're going for Minefield.

And I usually don't bother with the Barrage setup till like T14+, tbh. No real loss there if you're leveling gems.
Last edited by BlaydeX15 on Oct 13, 2020, 1:14:02 AM
After going crazy trying to get the enchant on my ok boots, I took a look on trade and got these

An extra 7% isn't huge when we already add 300% but every little helps! I can drop the strength craft once I sort out ring/amulet.
I've been playing with left click detonate up till now, but starting to hit the point where one mine cluster doesn't always do the job on t14+ maps and especially delerium mobs.

Great guide
Last edited by Shifty 7 Crows on Oct 14, 2020, 3:13:22 PM
Awesome build, trying it out in standard with end game gear and stuff, damage is great and 6k Hp very nice. BUT, PoB shows lightning, fire, physical, and cold damage, and more cold damage because of the conversion to cold in gloves. In game, it only shows the physical dps and cold dps, and not lightning and fire damage.don't know why.
"
toni5000000 wrote:
Awesome build, trying it out in standard with end game gear and stuff, damage is great and 6k Hp very nice. BUT, PoB shows lightning, fire, physical, and cold damage, and more cold damage because of the conversion to cold in gloves. In game, it only shows the physical dps and cold dps, and not lightning and fire damage.don't know why.

In game has never supported doomfletch. Doomfletch itself I understand as it doesn't know what element is going to be converted, so might not be able to calculate if you have different scaling on the elements. But it should be able to handle Prism.
I know OP doesn't like them in the build but I might try squeezing in a cluster jewel.
Melding cluster always feels bad on a life build so could use the points (and a few extra) on a medium mine jewel and a life one.

Can get mine throwing speed plus another 10% chance to detonate a second time (I'm not totally sure how good that is, but if it actually adds onto the end of the blastchain mine chain, it sounds good!)
Would Divergent Minefield support help with the slow mine throw, or would it make it worse?

(Divergent Minefield sup would give 8 additional Remote Mines placed at a time at 20% qual)
how I summon a Sentinel of Purity (sometimes)?
👀
Last edited by denhol on Oct 22, 2020, 3:07:39 PM
"
denhol wrote:
how I summon a Sentinel of Purity (sometimes)?

If you kill an enemy with dot damage (poison or burn, usually), the kill counts as yours, and will spawn a sentinel. If you kill with a hit, the mine gets the kill, and the sentinel doesn't spawn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info