[3.13] Doomfletch Split Arrow Mines - Starter Viable - End Game Capable - High Damage, Low Budget

Does the divergent vicious projectile work? As in do you impale? And if yes how much do you specifically gain with impale,for single target damage.
Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 30, 2020, 6:10:41 AM
"
obake1 wrote:
Fun build, really fast clear in maps too. Originally I just wanted to create this char to kill bosses, but am having more fun with this than my ED character that has abysmal single target.

Is there anything I can do to up the survivability? Sometimes I just randomly get 1 shot by rares or bosses in higher tier maps, like legion monolith rares. Do I just need better quality/level gems so I can just kill them faster before they can kill me?

There's a breaking point where it starts to survive the big hits, about 6k HP. Try to hit that ASAP. even if it means respeccing out of some damage nodes, or replacing gear. I've also found that linking Berserk to CWDT helps a TON (19% damage reduction is huge).

That being said, I've taken 6 deaths in a rippy map to a flicker strike legion rare. When it comes to stuff like that, take advantage of your insane range, sit far away, and spam mines (even if they're not targeting anything).

"
Gardosuro wrote:
Out of curiosity, what's your opinion on using Fork link in your AOE setup? Just to nuke stuff around doors/corners easier, do you think it would be too big a DPS lost?

It'd be a huge DPS loss, better option would be a Rigwald's Quills on your clear setup, and then take Point Blank and a Pierce on the tree.

"
Fucboinacci wrote:
Very nice build! I'm leveling a new miner and wanted to try something weird and this hits the spot.

Some comments I got:

1. Flame wall and throwing all the mines inside of it, still too early to say if it has any impact, but at least visually, its very pleasing.
2. Ele-weakness and possibly the new triple-ele-penetration gem might be a good replacement (but kinda expensive at the moment). Maybe only on the barrage + 3x pen setup.
3. Since the marks are now single target, I'm running on Ele Weakness Curse for regular mobs.
3. Alternate quality Split arrow replaces the Attack Speed for extra arrows (Anomalous), AFAIK attack speed is pointless on mines, or does it affect it someway? I'd rather take the extra arrows or damage (Divergent).

Flame wall is probably a bonus, seems to be small though, sadly. Well geared, you should do about 600 base fire damage, so it's only 10% of your total fire damage, and ~3-4% more damage overall.

Ele weakness is pretty nice, and since Marks on rings don't work, might be our best autocurse setup (Curse on Hit ring). All pen is pretty weak as a support though, even against Sirus (where Pen is at it's best) we have enough Pen from elsewhere that it's not as effective as the other DPS supports (though if you want to throw faster, you can drop trap and mine damage)

As far as alternate quality goes: I think a 21 corrupt on normal split arrow is FAR easier to go for, since level 21 split arrow gives +1 projectile vs 20. a 20/20 Extra Arrow alt Q is worse than a 21/0 Normal Split arrow, because of the flat damage per level, and a 20/20 +damage alt Split Arrow has one less projectile than a 21/0 Normal split arrow, in addition to less base +phys.

Your only way to "beat" a 21/0 normal Split Arrow would be a 21/20 alternate quality split arrow, which would be EXTREMELY expensive.

"
Nosferat wrote:
Does the divergent vicious projectile work? As in do you impale? And if yes how much do you specifically gain with impale,for single target damage.

Yeah, Impale works. But Physical damage is only ~7-10% of our total final output, so it would be minimal DPS gain.

As for the guide, will update the curse section to cover Marks not working on hit, Weapon Enchants, and then I will probably leave the guide alone for the rest of the league. This league just isn't doing it for me. I got to 75-ish, and just don't feel like playing anymore. Good luck to everyone else! Hope you're having more fun than I did. Lol.
"
BlaydeX15 wrote:
"
obake1 wrote:
Fun build, really fast clear in maps too. Originally I just wanted to create this char to kill bosses, but am having more fun with this than my ED character that has abysmal single target.

Is there anything I can do to up the survivability? Sometimes I just randomly get 1 shot by rares or bosses in higher tier maps, like legion monolith rares. Do I just need better quality/level gems so I can just kill them faster before they can kill me?

There's a breaking point where it starts to survive the big hits, about 6k HP. Try to hit that ASAP. even if it means respeccing out of some damage nodes, or replacing gear. I've also found that linking Berserk to CWDT helps a TON (19% damage reduction is huge).

That being said, I've taken 6 deaths in a rippy map to a flicker strike legion rare. When it comes to stuff like that, take advantage of your insane range, sit far away, and spam mines (even if they're not targeting anything).

Ah I only have 5.2k HP atm. Hitting 6k would be quite costly I think, but at the moment at 94 I'm just using the character to instantly kill conquerors and metamorphs.

Do you think putting berserk in CWDT is better than increased duration? If I remove increased duration the immortal call buff goes from 2.1 seconds to 1.4, but I am also using CWDT level 1 and IC level 3 so if I add berserk in would you recommend just leveling all of those gems to max then or just keeping berserk at level 3 since it's still 15% reduction.

I've also got a leveled up berserk to manually cast mainly for the movement speed. While we're on the topic of berserk, I was wondering if any of the other buff effects that it provides buffs the mines or is the main use of berserk for the damage reduction and movement speed?

I attempted AL8 Sirus, but it's quite slow and throwing barrage mines is so dangerous and also slow (about as slow as doing it as my other ED character lol)
Would the new Replica Shroud of the Lightless be a good high budget BIS for the build?
With some well rolled life + damage abyss jewel.
Last edited by Acculluz on Oct 1, 2020, 5:05:47 AM
Hi
first of all very nice idea of build

I followed everything in this build expect for the belt I wear "the nomad" but my dps is very low

this my pastebin can anyone help me please?
https://pastebin.com/FSSjnqAq
"
shlazar wrote:
Hi
first of all very nice idea of build

I followed everything in this build expect for the belt I wear "the nomad" but my dps is very low

this my pastebin can anyone help me please?
https://pastebin.com/FSSjnqAq

I'm using nomad too and the gear I have is more or less the same, but you are missing the boot enchant and blast cascade anointment. You can quality some more of your gems.

What do you define as low? You should be able to clear everything very fast. You should get another 6 link for bosses. If you use the clearing setup for a single target boss that constantly moves around, it's going to be slow. Usually I can kill the t16 conqs/metamorphs in 1-2 seconds with the barrage setup.
Last edited by obake1 on Oct 1, 2020, 8:17:19 PM
What are optimal clusters? or just don't bother?
Is there any point at which % increased damage helm enchant becomes stronger than extra arrows?
"
BlaydeX15 wrote:

"
Fucboinacci wrote:
Very nice build! I'm leveling a new miner and wanted to try something weird and this hits the spot.

Some comments I got:

1. Flame wall and throwing all the mines inside of it, still too early to say if it has any impact, but at least visually, its very pleasing.
2. Ele-weakness and possibly the new triple-ele-penetration gem might be a good replacement (but kinda expensive at the moment). Maybe only on the barrage + 3x pen setup.
3. Since the marks are now single target, I'm running on Ele Weakness Curse for regular mobs.
3. Alternate quality Split arrow replaces the Attack Speed for extra arrows (Anomalous), AFAIK attack speed is pointless on mines, or does it affect it someway? I'd rather take the extra arrows or damage (Divergent).

Flame wall is probably a bonus, seems to be small though, sadly. Well geared, you should do about 600 base fire damage, so it's only 10% of your total fire damage, and ~3-4% more damage overall.

Ele weakness is pretty nice, and since Marks on rings don't work, might be our best autocurse setup (Curse on Hit ring). All pen is pretty weak as a support though, even against Sirus (where Pen is at it's best) we have enough Pen from elsewhere that it's not as effective as the other DPS supports (though if you want to throw faster, you can drop trap and mine damage)

As far as alternate quality goes: I think a 21 corrupt on normal split arrow is FAR easier to go for, since level 21 split arrow gives +1 projectile vs 20. a 20/20 Extra Arrow alt Q is worse than a 21/0 Normal Split arrow, because of the flat damage per level, and a 20/20 +damage alt Split Arrow has one less projectile than a 21/0 Normal split arrow, in addition to less base +phys.

Your only way to "beat" a 21/0 normal Split Arrow would be a 21/20 alternate quality split arrow, which would be EXTREMELY expensive.

Thanks for answering. I'll try corrupting my alt qual split arrows, but if not, then ill go with 21/20 normal ones, and flame wall was definitely fun for leveling if anything.

The only other change I got in mind is getting an Ammy with +5% Non-chaos as Chaos prefix as a poorman's Eternity Shroud.

"
xRMD wrote:
Is there any point at which % increased damage helm enchant becomes stronger than extra arrows?

Unlikely, pretty much any piece of equipment can give you +extra phys or +ele damage (except boots I think), whereas only the helmet, gems and unique can give you +extra arrows.
Last edited by Fucboinacci on Oct 2, 2020, 3:55:34 PM
Dumb question about the build - states that getting a point blank corruption ads 'tons' of damage. But surely if you do that, you still have to use 2 points to get pierce?
You do get 2 lots of 10% proj damage, but that can't be that impactful?

If you could avoid pathing down that way at all, might be worth, but you miss out on wind dancer if you do that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info