[3.13] Doomfletch Split Arrow Mines - Starter Viable - End Game Capable - High Damage, Low Budget

I've played this build in few different leagues and have had experience with more mine builds since. That made me think about few different things.
Shouldn't a CI/ES variant be just purely better? (although more expensive).
Here are my thoughts:

Using kaom's heart is easy and straightforward, but you give up another potential 6L. And here's what could be a DPS goldmine. I'm thinking about 6 linking an arcanist brand with a wave of conviction, sniper's mark, elemental weakness, blade blast, etc. (would have to theory craft in PoB). Since debuffing is a huge DPS increase. You don't have to debuff trash packs, since you slaughter all of those, but this could massively help with some boss fights that are hard to prestack (Maven for example).

The other thing is that energy shield builds can crank up effective hp much higher than life builds. It's not hard crafting an ES Vaal regalia with over 700+ ES and I'm not even talking about our other rare slots. Our only life on uniques (except the kaom) is on Ryslatha's Coil and drillneck, which both add an insane amount of flat physical damage that it does not even matter. Again this would have to be theory crafted in PoB.

Also, picking up CI makes some of the mechanics a joke (Al-hezmin).

Also also, I think the AOE link is outdated. I would swap out minefield and blastchain for high-impact and swift assembly.

And yes, chainbreaker is sadly dead to miners.

I don't really have time to theory craft now, but when I'll be done with the league, I'll try reviving this as a CI build. Could be fun.
Last edited by demondragon818 on Apr 14, 2021, 5:51:42 AM
Divergent berserk is dead, but attack chainbreaker can still work as long as you have enough damage to kill a boss in the 4 second window the veiled amulet mod "Skills have no Cost while Focussed" provides you. (a proper chain including prelaying mines just about matches focus duration). This solves both of the new issues.

And if you have enough damage to burst down bosses in 4 seconds, you won't need to spam mines for clear either and should be able to map without running out of rage, though you will loose out on the movementspeed from berserk and will only be able to use it if you have your focus off its 12 second cooldown.
Last edited by predator0220 on Apr 16, 2021, 4:45:06 AM
"
Firo wrote:
Finally did Maven yesterday! Because I’m bad, I had several avoidable early deaths, and then failed the final memory game every time until I killed her on the last portal. Damage is plenty if you’re good at the fight. If you’re bad like me, more damage would be nice to increase margin of error. Unfortunately we don’t get to benefit from Indigon mana shenanigans.

The setup I used was barrage support and swift assembly (sustained boss damage is 7.9 million DPS):

https://pastebin.com/zBLUJ4Hr

Bro, I'm trying out this build as a Saboteur in Standard. I got better (legacy) gear, got better PoeB DPS, got more HP, more mov speed, more dodge, still its DPS sucks big time vs. big badass bosses. Could you please hint what I am doing wrong? I did switch to barrage for bosses and I'll get the +3 split arrow ench sooner or later

https://pastebin.com/Y1gSFt4k

PS: it does feel better with +3 split arrow projectiles, but my issue is proper barrage use vs. single target
Last edited by Lethalicus on Jun 7, 2021, 6:26:21 PM
how you have str for kaom?
Yes, I do. But I guess a DPS armor is better vs. bosses?

Namely, I got a replica shroud of the lightless, with its jewels set it adds +25% total DPS and +240 HP x Life increase.
Last edited by Lethalicus on Jul 16, 2021, 5:29:56 AM
Yo, will there be big update for 3.15? Looking forward to try it out as a starter, but I'd like to ask for 3.15 update.
Hi
I think with some small modifications this can be a good Storm rain trapper.

Has anyone looked at this ??
Hi guys, thx for a great idea for a build. I do have a few noob questions from a new Poe player:

Q1: why do we have to keep AoE clear setup in bow instead of e.g. Lioneye's chest? It would be a 7L instead (+Pierce)?

Q2: would it make any sense to swap one of support gems (in AoE setup) with Awakened Fork?

Q3: since this build already uses a lot of +Phys damage - how about adding Haemophillia gloves (https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Haemophillia)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info