Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

Hello.... guardian map horizon orb changes please...

Completely screws SSF over with unreasonable levels of RNG compared to trade where you just swap map...

I had hundreds and hundreds of hours in SSF this league and only ran 2 uber elder because of guardian map frag rng...
If you want some advice to allow players to farm a certain map without allowing Cartographer's seal to come back you could make a Currency that does the next:

For a x number of maps activated on the Map device the map in which the currency was used has a x% chance that when a map of the same tier or higher drops it is the map in which the currency was used.

In practice if we used the "currency" on a t14 map (Ex: Beach) When a map of tier 14,15 or 16 drops has a 50% (or any chance devs are comfortable with) it will drop as a Beach (Tier 14) map for 3 map uses.
Last edited by SirNutalot on Mar 3, 2020, 5:14:48 PM
How pointless.
Repeating informations that are widely known.

This one sentence trully shows sad state of this game:
"

Target-farming Maps and Cartographer's Seals
This is a big topic that we're still discussing internally.

People enjoy different things. You can either show that you care about player enjoyment and prepare variety of possibilities (especially the one that are easy to made) or look at global numbers.

When the development manifesto is proud that they have made a part of the game easier you know the game is getting less hardcore and more casualized.

Resource management is the whole point of having an item (maps) be limited. Intentionally flooding the player with resources negates this. I feel like the game philosophy is to have something where players zone out and get a sense of progress.
"
igoo wrote:
"
d1rtiq wrote:
so 1518 comments in :
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fc17ln/changes_to_the_atlas_of_worlds_in_path_of_exile/

Wasnt enough?

We fail gays.Sorry but yes,we fail.

So we have to do 75 awakening bonuses just to have normal master misson spawn chance?

I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be so happy in this thread.

They used diffrent words and people are blind.What can we do? 100+ comments was on point and GGG didnt make any changes
The only possibility I see that would completely remove target-farming is returning to the way of every map always being eligible to drop as it was pre atlas (pre 2.4). But then what would the be point of the atlas?

I don't understand what the problem is of just letting me have the option of shaping my mapping experience to be what I want it to be.

As it stands now bricking your atlas is a possibility if you accidentaly complete the wrong map or have completed the atlas at the start of the league but then realize you would prefer to run specific maps (as was my case this league) and find that the only way is to make a new account. I didn't want to go that far. I just quit the league instead.

Atlas Missions are basically 0 incentive to me as I tend to completely ignore them after a few days. The harder map mods being forced with this would actually bring me to avoid completing Objectives altogether as much as possible.

But the possibility to irrevocably brick my atlas is an issue that surely cannot be swept aside. I was honestly surprised that it took until this manifesto to even acknowledge it when it became apparent just a few weeks into the league.
Last edited by Tarom on Mar 3, 2020, 5:22:11 PM
"
Improved Temple of Atzoatl
Does that mean that the map chests in the room "Surveyor's Study // Office of Cartography // Atlas of Worlds will" will start to drop maps again?
If so, very nice! 👍
"
d1rtiq wrote:
"
Lixy wrote:
Map drops were absolutely absurd in Metamorph.

I think I played for around a month and a half, and ended up with 1129 T14 or higher maps, and that was with over a week of running nothing but white T16's because the returns were good enough.

I didn't even bother Delving for maps like most leagues, because it was utterly pointless.

Map drops were fine in Synth and Legion, and presumably they were fine in Blight (Skipped for WoW Classic). I'd be shocked if the loss of 75% chance at a higher tier map really made any noticeable difference.

Caring about 5% difference is way different than the impact it actually makes, which is basically none.

They nerfed master encounter rate where it matters most (early on in progression), and buffed it where it doesn't really matter (end of progression) because at that point no one really needs more master missions, especially not at a meager 5% increase.

Damn dude you totally just copy pasta'd my comment from reddit...
"
Alcsaar wrote:
"
d1rtiq wrote:
"
Lixy wrote:
Map drops were absolutely absurd in Metamorph.

I think I played for around a month and a half, and ended up with 1129 T14 or higher maps, and that was with over a week of running nothing but white T16's because the returns were good enough.

I didn't even bother Delving for maps like most leagues, because it was utterly pointless.

Map drops were fine in Synth and Legion, and presumably they were fine in Blight (Skipped for WoW Classic). I'd be shocked if the loss of 75% chance at a higher tier map really made any noticeable difference.

Caring about 5% difference is way different than the impact it actually makes, which is basically none.

They nerfed master encounter rate where it matters most (early on in progression), and buffed it where it doesn't really matter (end of progression) because at that point no one really needs more master missions, especially not at a meager 5% increase.

Damn dude you totally just copy pasta'd my comment from reddit...

I like your comment.Whats the problem?
its all good but std players do not have delirium
Forum pvp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info