Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

Map drops were absolutely absurd in Metamorph.

I think I played for around a month and a half, and ended up with 1129 T14 or higher maps, and that was with over a week of running nothing but white T16's because the returns were good enough.

I didn't even bother Delving for maps like most leagues, because it was utterly pointless.

Map drops were fine in Synth and Legion, and presumably they were fine in Blight (Skipped for WoW Classic). I'd be shocked if the loss of 75% chance at a higher tier map really made any noticeable difference.
Please tell me the +5% master mission chance is still a joke? GGG?
i only care about a bug free content. bugs bugs bugs and intend to fix it only at the last month of the league.
"
d1rtiq wrote:
so 1518 comments in :
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fc17ln/changes_to_the_atlas_of_worlds_in_path_of_exile/

Wasnt enough?

We fail gays.Sorry but yes,we fail.

So we have to do 75 awakening bonuses just to have normal master misson spawn chance?

I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be so happy in this thread.
"
dachoppa wrote:
i agree with the reduced map drop rate, but i'd prefer to have a more customizable atlas. why am i forced to forever have a crappy map on it if i accidently run it? before you cook up some super convoluted workaround, just let us have cartographer's seals again.

This.
They said: We want players to earn map completion and bonuses objectives and to feel good about having them.

But we (people who like target farm) will never feel good about anything which forces to run different maps rather than one/ones of our choices.

If you don't want to add seals back, allow to target farm through different mean.

Make it so maps with The Doctor have 100 less monsters or something to balance the rewards from different maps.
The reason stuff like the Temple and Delve cities didn't feel rewarding anymore wasn't just because maps were plentiful, but because you decoupled the endgame bosses from T16 map drops.

With access to endgame bosses and their potential high value rewards no longer associated with top tier map drops, all the content that had the potential to drop T16 maps was devalued. Primarily, the Temple and Delve cities as you have identified.

I don't think reducing map drops, even if T15+ sustain is still doable, is going to change this paradigm because they're decoupled from endgame bosses. I hope the Temple and Delve city buffs are related to other rewards rather than maps (like adding Fossil/Catalyst/Scarab/Blighted chests in Delve Cities and replacing some of the trash Temple Rooms with some more valuable rewards like Scarabs, Fossils, Metamorph, or Blight stuff).
Thx for the fast answer, at least we know what to expect, and prepare.
Maybe it is not stasfying for some people, but we don't know yet.
Let's play it and then give real feedbacks.
To be honest, high tier map drop rate was really broken this league.
Still very hyped for 3.10

TY GGG

Keep the good work and communication !
baited
this but this is just something for the entire squad of ggg to consider, especially the balancing team. We as high lvl players dont care about having only one map to target farm (even if that is the essence of arpgs). Running random maps IS FINE. But why on earth do most of the maps suck so much compared to others? why do so many maps have less than half the amount of mobs than others and bad drops on top? why dont you add some of the new cards to bad maps to make them competitive? the way the game is right now, casual players will still run random maps and dedicated players will just buy their maps. literally no changes in the maps run apart from even more trading and micro management. please consider at least buffing all of the horrendously bad maps in the game to make it feel less painful running randoms
"
Lixy wrote:
Map drops were absolutely absurd in Metamorph.

I think I played for around a month and a half, and ended up with 1129 T14 or higher maps, and that was with over a week of running nothing but white T16's because the returns were good enough.

I didn't even bother Delving for maps like most leagues, because it was utterly pointless.

Map drops were fine in Synth and Legion, and presumably they were fine in Blight (Skipped for WoW Classic). I'd be shocked if the loss of 75% chance at a higher tier map really made any noticeable difference.

Caring about 5% difference is way different than the impact it actually makes, which is basically none.

They nerfed master encounter rate where it matters most (early on in progression), and buffed it where it doesn't really matter (end of progression) because at that point no one really needs more master missions, especially not at a meager 5% increase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info